Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva bashes Chael Sonnen, says he doesn't deserve 2nd title shot

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Short Story

Full Story (translation available)

"(What does Chael Sonnen represent for my career?) Nothing! He’s possessed by a demon. That’s the truth. He’s an athlete that failed the drug test, I fought him while injured, and he had problems with the American Justice system. He respects nothing and he didn’t respect our country. What does he represent? Nothing.

"I respect the opinions and the positions of the promoters of the fight and the owners of the event, but in my opinion he shouldn’t get the chance to fight me again. But that’s not something that I can decide. I will get ready for the fight just as I would with any other."

"He disrespected our idols that made history in the world of sports, such as Lance Armstrong. This guy is complicated, he’s got personal issues. The attention that the Brazilian media gives him, the attention that Palmeiras gave him, it’s very bad. If any Brazilian would be in the position that he finds himself in, if they would talk about the US and he does about Brazil, and the American idols, we wouldn’t even have the same opportunities of going in their country or talking to the American media. I think that Brazilians should be more patriotic, like the Americans.

Post #1   3/14/12 6:37:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:
My bad...

the second link is to a different story.

Post #2   3/14/12 6:38:56PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
I would think Silva would be more then extatic to get a chance to lay hands on Chael? Am I missing something? After everything Sonnen has said to/about Silva, his friends and most important his family, you would think this fight would bring a huge smile to his face knowing that chaels mouth will be within arms reach within a few months?

Sonnen is the most deserving at this time, since he got the decision over Bisping (As much as I would love to see spidy give the count a thrashing, chael/the judges took it out of his hands for now) The only other fighter worthy of the fight (that hasn't just taken a loss ie. Bisping) would be Hendo, but sounds like Andy has already signed the bout agreements with chael or is being forced to sign them.

Post #3   3/14/12 7:32:42PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by supatolacyl

I would think Silva would be more then extatic to get a chance to lay hands on Chael? Am I missing something? After everything Sonnen has said to/about Silva, his friends and most important his family, you would think this fight would bring a huge smile to his face knowing that chaels mouth will be within arms reach within a few months?

Sonnen is the most deserving at this time, since he got the decision over Bisping (As much as I would love to see spidy give the count a thrashing, chael/the judges took it out of his hands for now) The only other fighter worthy of the fight (that hasn't just taken a loss ie. Bisping) would be Hendo, but sounds like Andy has already signed the bout agreements with chael or is being forced to sign them.

I sorta agree actually. I'm a big Silva fan but I don't know why he wouldn't be aching to fight Chael.

To here him talk about it, it seems like he has a different mind set.

My mind set would be: "The first fight was a fluke. This guy is talking bad smack. I'm going to shut his mouth and put him in his place."

His mind set seems to be: "I already beat this guy. I've got a limited number of fights left in my career. He's being disrespectful. Therefore he doesn't deserve to fight me."

Its strange but if you look at how he's handled disrespectful people in the past (Leites, Maia, Cote) its usually by NOT fighting them.

Maybe he thinks its an honor to fight him and they don't deserve it?

Post #4   3/14/12 7:54:45PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,215-1,248
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Its strange but if you look at how he's handled disrespectful people in the past (Leites, Maia, Cote) its usually by NOT fighting them.

I don't think there was any disrepect from Leites, Maia or Cote.

IMO Silva disrepected them, his employers and the sport in each of those fights.

He felt they didn't deserve to fight him and while he was probably right his showboating was his way of showing how much better he was than them.

Coincidently, I think that's when a lot of fans turned on him and his poor attitude.

Post #5   3/14/12 8:03:58PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
the way it sounds to me is that Silva does not want to fight the #2 MW in the world, the only guy right now who has earned a title shot, and coincidentally is the only guy to ever give him an ass kicking. If he is disrespecting you and your country, then do something about it...knock him out or submit him again. Don't try to avoid the fight

I don't buy him having broken ribs going into the fight. bruised/hurt fine, but Sonnen broke them during the fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   3/14/12 8:08:22PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,843-1,571
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Silva is right, Sonnen shouldn't have gotten thhis rematch after testing positive for a banned substance after he lost the first fight.

Post #7   3/14/12 8:18:44PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:730-356
Chips:
If you notice the thing that keeps coming up - it's the issue of 'respect'.

I can see Silva's point - lack of respect for the rules that govern the sport, and lack of respect for his country and fellow fighters. Some guys don't see the hype-merit of trash-talking wars, and in general - Sonnen has gotten away with a lot under the guise of "oh, that's just Sonnen being Sonnen"...

While I see Silva's issues with him (and rightly deserved, even though I am also a fan of Sonnen's) - he's still gotta fight him. I do believe that Sonnen deserves the title-shot. Fans want to see this go down and $$ will be made. It's not a matter of what fighter has the most respect and honour, it's about who is the best fighter (on that given night). Silva will win anyway - he should be excited about the opportunity to lay it down in his home country.

Post #8   3/14/12 8:54:54PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

IMO Silva disrepected them, his employers and the sport in each of those fights.

He felt they didn't deserve to fight him and while he was probably right his showboating was his way of showing how much better he was than them.

Coincidently, I think that's when a lot of fans turned on him and his poor attitude.

maybe I should have been more specific.

I don't think any of those guys were ACTUALLY disrespectful.

My point was how Silva acts when HE perceives someone to have been disrespectful.

Post #9   3/14/12 8:59:53PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:976-655
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
the answer to why doesnt silva want to fight sonnen after all sonnen has said is simple... anderson knows what sonnen brings to the table and thats an ass whooping for silva! anderson seems to me, to be scared and wants no part of sonnen

Post #10   3/14/12 9:19:48PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,215-1,248
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by bjj1605

maybe I should have been more specific.

I don't think any of those guys were ACTUALLY disrespectful.

My point was how Silva acts when HE perceives someone to have been disrespectful.

In that case I agree 100%

Post #11   3/14/12 9:26:55PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Don't agree with Silva on this.

Sonnen more than proved he could hang. Plain and simple

Post #12   3/14/12 10:37:26PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Chips:

Posted by george112

I don't think it has as much to do with if Sonnen can hang or not, but more to do with...wait for it...."Respect"

Post #13   3/14/12 11:29:29PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

I don't think it has as much to do with if Sonnen can hang or not, but more to do with...wait for it...."Respect"

While I do agree with you. We can't forget its a sport.

Thats the whole point of having a champion. If somebody can beat the champion ( chael proved he could possibly) then that champion has the duty of defending his title regardless of anything.

Post #14   3/14/12 11:40:51PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

While I do agree with you. We can't forget its a sport.

Thats the whole point of having a champion. If somebody can beat the champion ( chael proved he could possibly) then that champion has the duty of defending his title regardless of anything.

oh i know, i think they SHOULD fight. It's not up to Silva to say their not fighting and it wasn't up to Chael to say they were. I was just saying why Silva doesn't think Chael should get a rematch

Last edited 3/14/12 11:53PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   3/14/12 11:52:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2