Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Joe Rogan Talked to Heath After Fight

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Link

Last edited 1/27/07 8:35AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   1/27/07 8:35:03AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Date: 01/26/07 06:23 PM
2556 Total Posts Ignore User

I talked to Heath last night after the fight at a restaurant, and he told me he had a torn MCL for that fight. That's why he had that weird stance, and that's why he couldn't explode off his back or sprawl. I told him that I wished that I had known that before the fight because it explains a lot, but he said he didn't want to give any excuses. That's a credit to the way he thinks, but it's not really an excuse as much as it's an explanation. This is taking nothing away from Jake, because I think Jake fought a great fight and displayed some solid skills, but anyone that's seen Heath fight before knows that wasn't him out there.
I know some people thought I was a little harsh in my commentary, and I understand that, but I've got to be honest. It wasn't insulting, it was just exactly how I saw it. Knowing now about the injury, it all makes sense, and i wish I had that info while the fight was going on. I've always been a fan of Heath and the way he fights, so I'm really looking forward to him healing up so we can see him fight up to potential that I know he's capable of. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Heath.

I'll just paste it for you to save time for people.Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the link.

Last edited 1/27/07 6:30PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   1/27/07 6:30:24PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:
If this is true, it explains a hell of a lot. I dogged on Heath a lot right after the fight but if this proves to be the truth, I look forward to seeing him fight 100% healthy.

Post #3   1/27/07 6:59:54PM