Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

Print  
  Page 11 of 24   <<   8     9     10     11     12     13     14   >>
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:860-491
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well the Braves made a BARVES type move by signing Miguel Batista, there isn't a Capt. Picard facepalm big enough after reading that move. As if Livan wasn't enough earlier in the year.

Armondo Galarraga also is making it back to the majors, with Houston.

Post #151   7/27/12 4:16:14PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Well the Braves made a BARVES type move by signing Miguel Batista, there isn't a Capt. Picard facepalm big enough after reading that move. As if Livan wasn't enough earlier in the year.

I'm in ATL right now and was looking for tixs to see Sheets vs Hamels but this totally turned me off, now I'll probably get some pizza and watch from the hotel room.

Post #152   7/27/12 4:39:26PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Posted by BuffaloDave

I'm in ATL right now and was looking for tixs to see Sheets vs Hamels but this totally turned me off, now I'll probably get some pizza and watch from the hotel room.

I thought we were going "All in" on this season, did Dumpster hurt Wren's feelings that much??

Post #153   7/27/12 5:13:55PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Ordep

Posted by BuffaloDave

I thought we were going "All in" on this season, did Dumpster hurt Wren's feelings that much??

Wren was a little upset with the situation but he said the door was still open while they turned the sight to Greinke, now with Zack going to LAA I won't be surprised if we get Dempster tomorrow. However I think it wont be just for Delgado, there might be 2 more players involved since Dempster value dropped a little after that shit.

Went to the game , fucking awesome everytime we beat the Phillies. Pounded Hamels and his new mega contract, Sheets keeps delivering, I'm 3-0 at Turner this season and 0-1 away
Our next 20(19 now) games are vs. PHI,MIA,HOU,NYM,and SD. We should at least finish 13-7 over that stretch.

Last edited 7/28/12 1:51AM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #154   7/28/12 1:50:14AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Chips:
Greinke to the Angels.

I hope these prospects work out, and we needed a SS and pitching so maybe it turns out for the best in the end.

Post #155   7/28/12 1:52:40AM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Greinke to the Angels.

I hope these prospects work out, and we needed a SS and pitching so maybe it turns out for the best in the end.

You guys definitively got good prospects. Those 3 were the #2, #4, and #9 prospects from the Angels farm. All you need to do is cross your finger for them to live to expectations.

Nooow the Angels, Weaver/Greinke/Wilson/Haren .... sounds like the perfect playoff rotation. At east Pujols is sucking compared to what he was so with so it's not abuse couled with Trout and Trumbo. I still think the Rangers are more complete and will beat them in the ALCS.

Post #156   7/28/12 10:40:54AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

"That's a clown question bro."

Douche response bro.

Douche question bro.Know the person BEFORE you interview them. Is that to much to ask? It's not like Harper was some unknown kid.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #157   7/28/12 2:49:57PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:
Padres extended Street 2yr/14M

Brian Roberts very short season officially came to an end, getting hip surgery. Very well might be the end for him, at least in Balt., since they have been doing fine without him.

Post #158   7/29/12 3:33:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
good bye A's playoff hopes

Make it two 50-game suspensions in exactly one week - both starters for contending teams from the Bay Area, both for testosterone.

Former Cy Young Award winner Bartolo Colon of the Oakland Athletics was suspended for 50 games Wednesday after a positive test, joining San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera on the suspended list for the rest of the regular season.

Major League Baseball made the announcement of Colon's penalty a week after All-Star game MVP Cabrera received his 50-game suspension

He will miss the final 40 games of the regular season and the first 10 games of the postseason if Oakland advances that far. Any remainder of the suspension would be served in a future season, if Colon signs another major league contract.

Colon will lose the remaining $469,945 of his $2 million base salary this year. He also has earned $750,000 in performance bonuses based on starts and $150,000 based on innings, which are not impacted. Thursday's start would have earned him another $250,000, and the suspension will cost him the chance to make $850,000 in additional bonuses based on innings.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #159   8/22/12 5:57:20PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:
I didn't realize there was still baseball going on since the Brewers tanked. Just a horribly disappointing season.

Post #160   8/22/12 10:26:37PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
So anyone heard the news that the Mariners have the best record in the AL since the All-Star break?

I can't even type it without double-checking again. I hope they continue it into next year and put a full year together. How some top prospects perform when rosters expand could be very telling about next year.

Last edited 8/23/12 5:14AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #161   8/23/12 5:06:37AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

So anyone heard the news that the Mariners have the best record in the AL since the All-Star break?

I can't even type it without double-checking again. I hope they continue it into next year and put a full year together. How some top prospects perform when rosters expand could be very telling about next year.

They definitely have been playing some good ball, they have to have one of the best if not the best defense's in all of baseball, constantly seeing them in low scoring games. Also, seen the other day King Felix promised he isn't going anywhere.

I'm not a Yankees fan, but damn is Jeter having a solid season, first time ever he HR'ed in 3 straight games. Hard not to root for Jeter.

Post #162   8/23/12 10:39:42AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

I'm not a Yankees fan, but damn is Jeter having a solid season, first time ever he HR'ed in 3 straight games. Hard not to root for Jeter.

Gotta agree. I can understand hating the Yankees, a ton of people do, but Jeter is an extremely likable player. Dude is 38 and still playing a passable SS, hitting as well as ever, and I can't remember him ever being a douchebag. He's had one helluva career, and doesn't show a ton of signs of slowing down.

Post #163   8/23/12 11:48:54AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Having an awesome season and month of August

Post #164   8/23/12 1:17:48PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I didn't realize there was still baseball going on since the Brewers tanked. Just a horribly disappointing season.

Now imagine being a Jays fan, paying to see games where max 2-3 regulars are in the lineup. Half the roster is from AAA, and most of the roster was not here a month ago

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #165   8/23/12 7:27:34PM   

Page 11 of 24   <<   8     9     10     11     12     13     14   >>