Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

Print  
  Page 10 of 24   <<   7     8     9     10     11     12     13   >>
Posted By Message

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BuffaloDave

Braves very close in the Dempster sweepstakes. Pretty sure it's for Delgado straight up. I'm fine with that, Braves needed more veteran help in starting pitching, hopefully Dempster is the short term solution, while Greinke is the long term.

Keep your filthy mitts away from Greinke, or I will do you old country way. Fuck the Hulk Hogan.

Ha, I'll humble the Brew Crew by sticking you's with grasshopper dick Jose Canseco worse than Mel Gibson.

Last edited 7/24/12 11:00AM server time by buffalodave
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #136   7/24/12 10:59:07AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Greinke is putting on a show for the scouts checking him out right now. Homer included and everything.

Last edited 7/24/12 8:55PM server time by Ordep

Post #137   7/24/12 8:54:56PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
How bout my Nats

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #138   7/24/12 9:15:10PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Greinke is putting on a show for the scouts checking him out right now. Homer included and everything.

Tonight's game told me he's gone. He was dealing, had a lead, and only threw 87 pitches, but they still yanked him after 7 innings. The team basically played themselves out of resigning him after the season, and it sucks. The news here a couple weeks ago was that the Crew thought they could resign him as long as they were winning for a standard 5 yr/$100 million dollar deal, because he's a bit of a head case and liked it here. After tonight we all know that he's gone. Damn.

Post #139   7/25/12 1:06:01AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

How bout my Nats

I need to learn to look at the user and then read the replies. I saw your post and honestly thought it was DCRage for a minute.

The gNats still suck, buch of douchebags that will get their reality check later.

Post #140   7/25/12 1:06:49AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Chips:
Hanley to Dodgers

Post #141   7/25/12 8:55:18AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Hanley to Dodgers

Maybe he can regain his old form from a few years ago, with the change.

Hamels signed an extension with Philly, 6yrs 144M

Reported that the Braves are moving on from Dumpster, instead of waiting around for him to make up his mind....

Post #142   7/25/12 12:13:16PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Chips:
The Greinke/Dempster situation with the Braves reminds me of last year's Pence/Bourn. After the Phillies snagged Pence we went and got Bourn who was supposed to the the 2nd best of the two but I was one of the few who favorited Bourn anyways. It turned out to be awesome, we got him cheap but I don't think we will see him again in ATL since I'm pretty sure Mr. Boras is already building the portfolio for him.
Anyways, this time we went after the 2nd target first knowing that'd be cheaper to get him and there was a mini drama, I want Greinke but he will cost more and the chances of resigning aren't too great. What else is out there? Braves checked Lester earlier but apparently he's "out of reach" but the way he's sucking the Sox scould use Delgado or Minor right now. I don't fucking want Garza, even if the Cubs take our dirty laundry for him.
It will be interesting what Wren will pull in the next few hours/day, but as the situation stands right after Dempster gate and Greinke price getting up (with less GS left) my wish is simple, James Shields.

Last edited 7/25/12 12:42PM server time by Ordep

Post #143   7/25/12 12:41:04PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Chips:
The Jays had a hell of a game today, dropped a nail-biter 16-0 to the A's, had their "ace" go 1 1/3 innings with 6 walks and lost their starting catcher to a broken hand.

Post #144   7/25/12 10:30:17PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

The Jays had a hell of a game today, dropped a nail-biter 16-0 to the A's, had their "ace" go 1 1/3 innings with 6 walks and lost their starting catcher to a broken hand.

You dont say. Jays falling apart mid summer. Groundhog Day.

Post #145   7/26/12 12:15:20AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Posted by zephead

How bout my Nats

I need to learn to look at the user and then read the replies. I saw your post and honestly thought it was DCRage for a minute.

The gNats still suck, buch of douchebags that will get their reality check later.

I take it you're a Braves fan. Talk about douchebags, when you name is Chipper, your're a douchebag of epic porportions. No way getting around that. Then the pitchers who had "earned tha strike" when the ball was 5 inches out of the zone. Yes I'm talking to you Glavine, Smoltz and Maddox. Come on dude, The Nats don't have any douchebags, they have a bunch of young, hungry players going out to play everynight.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #146   7/26/12 5:12:55PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Ordep

Posted by zephead

How bout my Nats

I take it you're a Braves fan. Talk about douchebags, when you name is Chipper, your're a douchebag of epic porportions. No way getting around that. Then the pitchers who had "earned tha strike" when the ball was 5 inches out of the zone. Yes I'm talking to you Glavine, Smoltz and Maddox. Come on dude, The Nats don't have any douchebags, they have a bunch of young, hungry players going out to play everynight.

Don't have any douchebags??!?! Explain this then...

Best part is he can't even spell you're.

And how about the Johnson calling out his former player for the pine tar to get him out of the game, fined, and suspended? He knew that because he allowed it in the past when he was in the team.

Last edited 7/26/12 11:51PM server time by Ordep
2 total post edits

Post #147   7/26/12 6:04:19PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Ordep

Posted by zephead

How bout my Nats

At least one douchebag

Post #148   7/26/12 7:50:48PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by zephead

Posted by Ordep

Posted by zephead

How bout my Nats

At least one douchebag

Why is he a douche. Dumbass reporter asked if he was gonna have a beer because the drinking age is lower in Canada, he's a Mormon, so his response was, "That's a clown question bro."

Post #149   7/26/12 9:45:49PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Chips:
"That's a clown question bro."

Douche response bro.

Post #150   7/26/12 10:50:02PM   

Page 10 of 24   <<   7     8     9     10     11     12     13   >>