Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

Print  
  Page 1 of 24     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
This is the place for any and all baseball talk for this upcoming season. I can't wait for March 28 to arrive

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1   3/13/12 3:37:13PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #2   3/13/12 3:39:16PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I got 2 teams to cheer for...my #1a St Louis Cardinals (been a fan since I was 9 or 10 when McGuire was hitting 70 jacks), and my #1b Toronto Blue Jays (gotta root for my hometown boys)

Last edited 3/13/12 3:47PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   3/13/12 3:45:30PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I got 2 teams to cheer for...my #1a St Louis Cardinals

Dude...make that a $50,000 fine.

I'm expecting to find out soon that Rex Ryan is your favorite NFL coach and Phillip Rivers is your favorite QB.

Last edited 3/13/12 3:49PM server time by emfleek

Post #4   3/13/12 3:49:16PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Post #5   3/13/12 3:55:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
oh god no. Bills fan with no favourite QB (though Brees won me a league and finished 3rd last year). Baseball is the only sport where I support 2 teams (NY Rangers, Dallas Mavericks until Jason Kidd retires - then its to the Raptors).

my favourite NFL coach is whoever has the balls to coach the Browns lol

Last edited 3/13/12 3:56PM server time by bubbles

Post #6   3/13/12 3:55:44PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Let's go,

Pitching staff should be fine, not liking they didn't address some help with the bats. Hoping Heyward just had a really really bad sophmore slump, and will morph back into one of the next big things to come.

Post #7   3/13/12 3:58:39PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Dave, a Braves fan? nice I won't feel alone around here this season

Many things to be excited and concerned about this season;

* Derek Lowe gone and the youngsters (Delgado, Teheran, Minor, Beachy) looking good

* Hopefully Uggla won't take half a season to start producing

* Heyward bounce back? Sophomore slump last year , been working really hard the offseason, dropped a lot of weight and been having a lot of BP sessions with the new hitting coach and is also taking a new approach so he won't get manhandled down and in (oops) like last year

* Jurjens and Hanson injuries , Hanson working on a new throwing motion

* Gonzo gone so D at SS should be a step down with rookie Tyler Pastornicky taking over , but the offense there should be improved

* Chipper probably will not play more than 135 games but we can pull Prado from LF and Diaz will cover up there

* A whole year with a true leadoff hitter and running threat Michael Bourn

* After the overuse of O'Flaherty-Venters-Kimbrel resulting in screwing up at the end of the season, hopefully Fredi G will be aware and more carefully using them. In reality, offense need to step up and produce runs to give these guys more days off.

* Freddie Freeman was awesome last year, slump this year? I hope not.

* Our bench is still solid with Hinske-Ross-Diaz providing quality PH personnel, so excited that Conrad is gone. Yes he had some late inning bat-magic but I haven't forgive him for screwing up on D during the NLDS 2010.

* The potential line-up looks very interesting if they can produced at least close to their potential

Bourn 8
Prado 7
Chipper 5
McCann 2
Uggla 4
Freeman 3
Heyward 9
Pastornicky 6
P 1

Last edited 3/13/12 4:38PM server time by Ordep

Post #8   3/13/12 4:36:19PM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I got 2 teams to cheer for...my #1a St Louis Cardinals (been a fan since I was 9 or 10 when McGuire was hitting 70 jacks), and my #1b Toronto Blue Jays (gotta root for my hometown boys)

I'm an Angels fan... Thanks for Albert!

Post #9   3/13/12 5:53:58PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Dave, a Braves fan? nice I won't feel alone around here this season

Many things to be excited and concerned about this season;

* Derek Lowe gone and the youngsters (Delgado, Teheran, Minor, Beachy) looking good

* Hopefully Uggla won't take half a season to start producing

* Heyward bounce back? Sophomore slump last year , been working really hard the offseason, dropped a lot of weight and been having a lot of BP sessions with the new hitting coach and is also taking a new approach so he won't get manhandled down and in (oops) like last year

* Jurjens and Hanson injuries , Hanson working on a new throwing motion

* Gonzo gone so D at SS should be a step down with rookie Tyler Pastornicky taking over , but the offense there should be improved

* Chipper probably will not play more than 135 games but we can pull Prado from LF and Diaz will cover up there

* A whole year with a true leadoff hitter and running threat Michael Bourn

* After the overuse of O'Flaherty-Venters-Kimbrel resulting in screwing up at the end of the season, hopefully Fredi G will be aware and more carefully using them. In reality, offense need to step up and produce runs to give these guys more days off.

* Freddie Freeman was awesome last year, slump this year? I hope not.

* Our bench is still solid with Hinske-Ross-Diaz providing quality PH personnel, so excited that Conrad is gone. Yes he had some late inning bat-magic but I haven't forgive him for screwing up on D during the NLDS 2010.

Don't forget Jose Constanza coming off the bench as well.

Definitely wouldn't mind some veteran help at SS, Josh Wilson doesn't cut it.

Post #10   3/13/12 7:14:33PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Don't forget Jose Constanza coming off the bench as well.

Definitely wouldn't mind some veteran help at SS, Josh Wilson doesn't cut it.

Constanza! Man I hated so much that Fredi benched him in the last weeks too, he was doing fine. I guess they will platoon him w/ Diaz depending on the pitcher when Chipper is out. I do see him PR a lot.

Yep, Wilson is not great behind Tyler but for what we were looking there weren't many options at SS in the market. Vizquel was out there but he's like almost 76

Post #11   3/13/12 8:10:14PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Added wild card's also.

We'll see how that goes.

Post #12   3/13/12 9:01:03PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Yankees obviously. Staying healthy and hopefully the younger guys come through.

Post #13   3/13/12 10:58:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Bubbles

I'm an Angels fan... Thanks for Albert!

You guys offered like $30,000,000-$50,000,000 more than us so w/e let him run to the money. We got our 2 World Series banners I do wish him well, and in that ballpark he should continue to destroy pitchers. Is Morales going to be your DH this year? If so, where is Trumbo going to play?

Post #14   3/13/12 11:01:41PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep
Yep, Wilson is not great behind Tyler but for what we were looking there weren't many options at SS in the market. Vizquel was out there but he's like almost 76

The Jays picked him up lol 50 year old bench infielder will probably beat out Mike McCoy for that spot

Post #15   3/13/12 11:03:38PM   

Page 1 of 24     1     2     3     4   >>