Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rousey: Tate just sounds kind of dumb

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
SD: Miesha stated that she felt she was winning until you caught her with the second armbar. What's your take on this?

RR: I don't think there's any way she could argue that she was winning that fight at all. If you just look at the striking stats, I landed 43 strikes and she landed 11. If you look at the actual damage, she was bruised up on her leg and her face, not to mention her arm. The only point in the fight where she could say she was being the least bit dominant, is the part where she had my back, but she definitely landed fewer strikes from the back, and had zero submission attempts. The one time she tried to do something, she lost her position immediately. That wasn't a dominant position for her, that was pretty much her holding on for dear life. Every single takedown was me, I had the majority of the strikes, and I got the win. This all happened in four minutes, and if she assumes that the few seconds that she had my back, that she was the winner...well she wasn't doing anything productive there anyway, except prolonging the inevitable.

SD: Miesha said during her interview that you didn't really prove much during your fight. How do you feel about that statement?

RR: It just kind of makes her sound dumb. Everyone knows that I wanted to armbar her, and there was nothing she could do to stop me, even with months of preparation. I think that proves a lot. It's like she's not even looking at the actual situation. I don't know what match she was watching, to really think that. One of those pieces of advice that my mom tells me all the time is, 'Never listen to your own press.' The second I got out of that cage, my coach was already telling me a million things I did wrong. It just seems tome like she must be surrounded by a bunch of "yes men" all the time, saying stuff like, 'Oh yeah, you were winning. You were totally dominating.' If I was her, I would look at that match, look at what I did wrong, and try to fix it next time, and not be like 'I was totally winning before I lost.'

LINK

Post #1   3/13/12 1:06:59PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
couldnt agree more

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #2   3/13/12 2:06:35PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Chips:

RR: It just kind of makes her sound dumb. Everyone knows that I wanted to armbar her, and there was nothing she could do to stop me, even with months of preparation. I think that proves a lot.

This statement couldn't be more true. I can't believe Meisha is stupid enough to keep running her mouth after that loss. IMO, Rousey can still improve, being as early into her MMA career as she is. Meisha, probably not so much. I mean, based on her recent statements, I think it's fair to assume Tate has a learning disability.

Post #3   3/13/12 2:39:47PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I guess Wrasslin' with the boys in high school didn't improve Meesha's intelligence any.

Post #4   3/13/12 3:28:11PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,546-1,579
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I'll have to file Tate's comments in the "grasping at straws" file.

Post #5   3/13/12 4:04:28PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

couldnt agree more

THIS

Post #6   3/13/12 4:13:52PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:989-539
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Grasping at straws for sure...Rousey is a 1-trick-pony but a very good one lol

Post #7   3/13/12 4:49:40PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by rush13

I once submitted 3 guys in a grappling tourney with triangles. In the finals the dude said all I had was a triangle so I showed him what its like to get knee bared. Just cause someone is unreal at one move doesn't mean thats all they have.

Last edited 3/13/12 6:23PM server time by postman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/13/12 6:23:34PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Chips:
It makes me wonder if Rousey could tap Tate's boyfriend.

Post #9   3/13/12 7:00:50PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:989-539
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I was wondering the same thing lol considering she's pretty much the same size as Caraway, I have a feeling she would lol

Post #10   3/13/12 7:37:31PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by rush13

I once submitted 3 guys in a grappling tourney with triangles. In the finals the dude said all I had was a triangle so I showed him what its like to get knee bared. Just cause someone is unreal at one move doesn't mean thats all they have.

Sahweeet Story dude!

Post #11   3/13/12 8:15:49PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

RR: It just kind of makes her sound dumb. Everyone knows that I wanted to armbar her, and there was nothing she could do to stop me, even with months of preparation. I think that proves a lot.

This statement couldn't be more true. I can't believe Meisha is stupid enough to keep running her mouth after that loss. IMO, Rousey can still improve, being as early into her MMA career as she is. Meisha, probably not so much. I mean, based on her recent statements, I think it's fair to assume Tate has a learning disability.

haha THIS

Post #12   3/13/12 8:24:35PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by rush13

nice one! too bad though cuz you could get a nickname like "Sassangle" or "McKenzitine" if you stuck with it

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   3/13/12 10:44:06PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Posted by rush13

nice one! too bad though cuz you could get a nickname like "Sassangle" or "McKenzitine" if you stuck with it

Oh don't get me wrong it was a local tourny and it was in the intermedate division. By no means was it ADCC lol. I wish I had the time to train like I used to but work is too demanding anymore. GROWING UP SUCKS

Post #14   3/14/12 11:09:04AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:871-496
Chips:
It's fine if Tate is just saying things like that to get a rematch, if she's truly believes that, she must be seeing the fight in Cecil's Peoples' view.

Post #15   3/14/12 11:26:27AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2