Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Miesha Tate requests Ronda Rousey rematch, feels she was winning before 'mistake'

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
On any given Sunday, any NFL football team can beat any other squad. And as the iconic John Madden would bark, "it's why they play the game."

Mixed martial arts (MMA) is apparently no different, especially at the highest level of the sport. At least that's how former Strikeforce 135-pound champion Miesha Tate now feels after her tendon-tearing armbar submission loss to Ronda Rousey at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, earlier this month.

With about 10 days to reflect on the jaw-dropping, arm-snapping loss, "Takedown" today (March 12, 2012) talked to MMAFighting.com about her current physical condition (her arm is still not broken, but could require surgery) and her desire to run it back against "Rowdy" in the near future.

Link

Post #1   3/13/12 12:25:24AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Haha, just like Machida was "WINNING" before Shogun cremated his arse in the rematch.

Ronda might just take home an arm next time Miesha, be careful what you wish for.

Last edited 3/13/12 12:32AM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   3/13/12 12:32:21AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Miesha will get a rematch sometime soon. The division isn't very deep so another win or 2 and she can fight Rousey again.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   3/13/12 12:48:18AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:
I don't need to see this fight any time soon. I don't think anyone does. I'd like to see Miesha win at least two more fights convincingly. Who will she fight? I have no clue. Just not Rousey.

Post #4   3/13/12 12:52:24AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I don't need to see this fight any time soon. I don't think anyone does. I'd like to see Miesha win at least two more fights convincingly. Who will she fight? I have no clue. Just not Rousey.

Who wouldn't wanna see 2 Hotties putting eachother in crazy positions?

Post #5   3/13/12 1:47:44AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Tate fell into two different armbars in less than 4 minutes. One she escaped, and the other was final. I don't think it's accurate to say she warranted a rematch with her performance, and i feel its totally a stretch to say she was winning. Short of those punches at the beginning, i saw nothing that would make me think she was winning a fight.

Post #6   3/13/12 6:00:25AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Chips:
I don't know...outside of the 2 armbar attempts, she did catch Ronda with a couple clean shots throughout the fight *and* had her back for about 90 seconds at one point.

I wouldn't necessarily say she was winning but by no means was she being dominated.

I'd be interested in a rematch but only after Kaufmann gets her shot.

Tate should fight Alexis Davis.

Last edited 3/13/12 9:24AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   3/13/12 8:57:37AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I don't know...outside of the 2 armbar attempts, she did catch Ronda with a couple clean shots throughout the fight *and* had her back for about 90 seconds at one point.

I wouldn't necessarily say she was winning but by no means was she being dominated.

I'll go rewatch the fight, as i don't remember good clean shots outside of the beginning on the feet. Though i'd like to add that Ronda's hammerfists while in the armbar were hard enough to count as clean shots as well. So on a strike damage basis, i would argue that Miesha didn't necassarily take that category, though it is her best arguement.

And the next 3 statements i totally agree with. She was not being overwhelmingly dominated. One fight against good competition would be enough to warrant a rematch if she wins impressively, and Alexis Davis showed against Kaufmann that she's on that level.

Post #8   3/13/12 9:41:48AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by emfleek

I'll go rewatch the fight, as i don't remember good clean shots outside of the beginning on the feet. Though i'd like to add that Ronda's hammerfists while in the armbar were hard enough to count as clean shots as well. So on a strike damage basis, i would argue that Miesha didn't necassarily take that category, though it is her best arguement.

And the next 3 statements i totally agree with. She was not being overwhelmingly dominated. One fight against good competition would be enough to warrant a rematch if she wins impressively, and Alexis Davis showed against Kaufmann that she's on that level.

Ronda had some clean shots as well. Shortly before the 2nd armbar she was throwing down some nice gnp from mount.

The other clean shots I was referring to (outside of those at the start of the fight) came shortly before the hip toss towards the end of the fight.

Post #9   3/13/12 9:48:53AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,677-1,658
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Enough with the immediate rematches! I'm glad this one probably won't happen right away.

Post #10   3/13/12 3:57:33PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
I only want to see this is Rousey wears her shorts again

Post #11   3/13/12 8:29:01PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Geoffo

I only want to see this is Rousey wears her shorts again

Ha...not happening.

Join the movement and follow @Rondas_shorts on Twitter!

Post #12   3/14/12 10:01:55AM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Haha, just like Machida was "WINNING" before Shogun cremated his arse in the rematch.

Ronda might just take home an arm next time Miesha, be careful what you wish for.

He was winning. People only remember the finish. However, as similar with Warren vs Curran, Warren was winning every round, but got KOed, now people think he was destroyed.

If it wasn't for the mistake that led to the finish warren, machida, and yes even tate may have won the match.

To say a fighter was destroyed because they were devastatingly finished is ignorant. It is much easier to say a fighter was destroyed when they are clearly unanimously decisioned. To be finished it just means you made one small mistake.

Tate vs Ronda was close before the finish, I personally had Tate winning, but despite what you think the match was close...its just that the finish overshadows the work that was done before

Post #13   3/14/12 9:18:18PM