Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White on 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live' season debut: 'It was perfect'

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
From the live format to the new broadcaster partner to the surprise one-round fights, Friday's season debut of "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" couldn't have gone any better.

That's according to Dana White.

The UFC president spoke to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after the two-and-a-half-hour season debut, which included 16 live elimination-round fights on FX.

"Going into this thing ... you're always nervous when you do something new and do something different," he told MMAjunkie.com. "We worked long and hard on this show to make sure this came off with no hitches. I'm very happy to with how it came off. It was perfect. Everything went according to plan. There were literally no hiccups whatsoever.

"It's not easy doing this live. Nobody's even done this before, and it could have gone any more perfect."

MMAjunkie.com was on scene for the debut, which took place at the UFC Training Center in Las Vegas. After 14 taped seasons on Spike TV, the UFC's long-running reality series went to a live format with its move to the FOX-owned FX. With UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and fellow headliner Urijah Faber on hand to scout for next week's team selections, White said they were treated to a stellar night of fights...

Full Story

Last edited 3/10/12 12:25PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/10/12 12:25:15PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
anyone have a link to the replay or torrent?

Post #2   3/10/12 1:53:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

anyone have a link to the replay or torrent?

pirate bay has the torrent.

fairly solid elimination round. sucks that Cochrane got eliminated

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   3/10/12 8:44:56PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

fairly solid elimination round. sucks that Cochrane got eliminated

He deserved it with that performance as far as I'm concerned.

He had 5 minutes to get it done and all he wanted to do was dryhump the dude's leg. At what point do you realize, "Hey, my gameplan isn't working. Maybe I should try something else so I don't lose this fight?"

Post #4   3/12/12 11:18:15AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by emfleek
He deserved it with that performance as far as I'm concerned.

He had 5 minutes to get it done and all he wanted to do was dryhump the dude's leg. At what point do you realize, "Hey, my gameplan isn't working. Maybe I should try something else so I don't lose this fight?"

oh I'm not questioning the outcome, though he did control the octagon and was the aggressor in a match that featured next to no striking, but I was hoping on seeing what kind of jokes and pranks would be made during the season

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   3/12/12 8:02:27PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,427-1,358
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I didn't like the first episode at all.

The forced banter between Dana, Faber and Cruz was painful at times, and during the fight it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop for long stretches.

I'm also not a big fan of the new host. Hopefully its better next episode.

Post #6   3/12/12 8:13:55PM