Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Spike TV counter-programs UFC on FOX 3 with Nate Diaz 'Unleashed' marathon

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In its latest counter-programming move, Spike TV will air a Nate Diaz fight marathon opposite May's UFC on FOX 3 event.

Diaz headlines the May 5 event, which airs live on FOX, in a lightweight bout with fellow contender Jim Miller.

During the event time, Spike TV airs a five-hour "UFC Unleashed: Nate Diaz" marathon featuring the fighter's past UFC bouts.

The special airs from 7 p.m. to midnight ET (4 to 9 p.m. PT) on Spike TV. Diaz, who earned his UFC contract by winning "The Ultimate Fighter 5," was featured prominently in many Spike TV-televised UFC Fight Night events. In fact, eight of Diaz's first nine octagon appearances took place on "Fight Night" or TUF Finale fight cards.

Due to the UFC's new multi-year broadcast deal with FOX, events that previously aired on Spike TV are now slated for FX and FUEL TV. However, Spike TV owns the UFC's library rights through the end of this year, and officials said counter-programming will be the norm throughout the year. "TUF," for example, moves to FX with live Friday-night tournament fights this season, but Spike TV will counter-program with highlights from the past 14 seasons of the long-running reality series.

LINK

Post #1   3/7/12 7:40:14PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"Ultimate Diaz"
As much as I like Spike playing fight reruns, they just need to throw in the towel on this one. Just play reruns of MXC and manly movies and you'll do fine, Spike. That, or come up with some decent programming for a change.

Post #2   3/8/12 9:12:00AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

I wonder if they will show that

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   3/8/12 1:12:27PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I wonder if they will show that

Nah...I'm guessing we'll see some of this...

...a little bit of this...

...and maybe some of this...

...or this...

Post #4   3/8/12 1:44:08PM