Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White Slams Door on Tim Sylvia’s UFC Comeback Hopes

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,320-1,389
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
im sorry but i LMFAO when i read the title of this..told u Timmay, no one is really takin u serious..i never been a fan of urs, but im always a sucker for comeback stories..start takin urself serious, get back into a healthy shape, get some SOLID wins against SOLID opponents..prove u want it, dont just f*ckin talk bout it!..ps i think Dana once said the only way u would make it back was thru TUF..that would be interestin, tbh...but first go get on the Dolce Diet and wins some solid opponents..

Last edited 3/7/12 1:06AM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #16   3/7/12 1:04:14AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:
He doesn't belong in the ufc. He's never been a skilled fighter, even when he was the champ. I personally don't see why anyone who has seen him fight would want him back in the ufc. Even when he was winning he was putting on some of the worst fights in ufc history. He's also been knocked out by Ray Mercer and Abe Wagner. The Wagner loss was last year for god sakes... He's 36 so even if he did have the skills to be in the ufc, he's nearing the end of his career.

I haven't even mentioned how out of shape he usually is and how he left a perfectly good contract with the ufc to head to an organization that lasted 2 events... One of which he headlined and was absolutely destroyed by the ufc's biggest enemy back then. He'd be a waste of a contract.

Post #17   3/7/12 1:25:03AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,660-1,165
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
To me this screams of Timmeh wanting to get back into the UFC not for a run, but to make himself as a 'name' once more so he can charge the independants more money. I suspect his name value is more than on the wane now and he probably cant get a decent fee, so by getting even on one PPV, his name is back in lights for a few minutes so the independants can stamp Former UFC Champ and the casual fan will know who he is.

I for one dont want to see him back in the UFC. Maybe his trousers keep falling down where he hasnt got a title belt to walk around all day with anymore?

Post #18   3/7/12 8:43:37AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Marketable? Ha.

Dave Menne's a former champ, too, and has won 4 of his last 5. Sign him, Dana! Market him as a former champ!

Oh, and when he gets smashed in under 30 seconds by mid-tier competition, good luck explaining to your fans how he ever was a champion in the first place.

Last edited 3/7/12 8:50AM server time by emfleek

Post #19   3/7/12 8:49:35AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
if they can bring back Tim Hauge, then there is no reason to not give him an undercard fight at the very least

better yet, how many times did Elvis Sinosic get invited back?

Last edited 3/7/12 12:59PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   3/7/12 12:58:03PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

if they can bring back Tim Hauge, then there is no reason to not give him an undercard fight at the very least

Sinosic didn't jump ship to an upstart competitor essentially saying "F you" to the UFC, either.

Last edited 3/7/12 1:01PM server time by emfleek

Post #21   3/7/12 1:01:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Bubbles

Sinosic didn't jump ship to an upstart competitor essentially saying "F you" to the UFC, either.

true, but at the same time Tim went over to fight the best in the world. Dana wasnt going to bring Fedor in and he was getting a bigger paycheque. I can't really fault Sylvia for doing what he did, but what's the worst that can happen giving him $5,000 to fight on facebook?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   3/7/12 2:09:17PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,552-1,397
Chips:
I want Tim back in the UFC like I want crabs back on my genitals

Post #23   3/7/12 7:22:34PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar