Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Edgar vs Henderson 2 is on!

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

NaturalBornKiller92

MMA Regular

NaturalBornKiller92 Avatar

Career:131-89
Chips:
i think Dana realized that Edgar was really his best option. Pettis doesn't deserve the title shot yet as much as many people want to see the fight because he hasn't beat elite competition since he has been in the UFC. If he beats a top 10 LW next, maybe i could see it. Melendez is not being brought over into the UFC right now, atleast I haven't heard he is. The next best option for someone who fits the resume of a #1 contender is the winner of nate diaz/jim miller fight and the winner most likely won't be ready for a title shot for a couple months. Also, a rematch doesn't "log jam" the division because the two other possible #1 contenders (Miller/Diaz) will not be ready to fight for the title until the fall most likely anyways...there is enough time from now until the fall to have a rematch that will not log jam the division.

Post #16   3/6/12 8:59:10PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

i think Dana realized that Edgar was really his best option. Pettis doesn't deserve the title shot yet as much as many people want to see the fight because he hasn't beat elite competition since he has been in the UFC. If he beats a top 10 LW next, maybe i could see it. Melendez is not being brought over into the UFC right now, atleast I haven't heard he is. The next best option for someone who fits the resume of a #1 contender is the winner of nate diaz/jim miller fight and the winner most likely won't be ready for a title shot for a couple months. Also, a rematch doesn't "log jam" the division because the two other possible #1 contenders (Miller/Diaz) will not be ready to fight for the title until the fall most likely anyways...there is enough time from now until the fall to have a rematch that will not log jam the division.

The log jam will be created if Edgar wins a close fight. Then we're held back until 2013 most likely. It's a very likely possibility.

I'm torn on this. On one hand Edgar is one of my favourite fighters so I'm happy to see him get the shot but on the other hand I thought Bendo won the fight last time 3-2 and he clearly did MUCH more damage.

I'm not going to sit here and bitch about it but there are other fights at LW I'd rather see.

Post #17   3/6/12 10:07:08PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,315-839
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
Why not have any new challengers come into the top of the division? Edgar, Benderson and Maynard death match please.

Post #18   3/6/12 10:46:57PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,622-883
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

Pettis doesn't deserve the title shot yet as much as many people want to see the fight because he hasn't beat elite competition since he has been in the UFC.

But he's beaten Benson Henderson! That may not have been in the UFC, but it was not long enough ago to say it does not count.

Dana did this for the money. Lightweight is ridiculously talent-rich but lacks starpower. Frank Edgar may be lightweight's most recognizable fighter.

I thought Edgar won the fight when I initially viewed it, too. I just want to see a shakeup and movement.

Post #19   3/6/12 11:03:29PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Chips:
I don't see Pettis deserving a title shot anyways....he is only two wins in a row....and Frankie deserves it, he did the rematches for others and put on a great fight with Bendo as always. Fairs fair.

Post #20   3/7/12 12:05:24AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Chips:
Bendo will win decisively in his second try just as Edgar did against BJ in their 2nd try & Maynard in their 3rd. There will be no doubt.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #21   3/7/12 1:42:49AM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,394-794
Chips:
As much as I would rather see someone new challenge for the belt, this made the most sense. Diaz-Miller fight isn't until May so Benson would have to wait much longer and Pettis arguably needs one more win. The only other option I can think of to get Benson back in action just as quick would be to bring Melendez over, which I really hopes he comes over soon, but it doesn't seem like its gonna happen for a while. I'll take Benson UD. WAR SMOOTH

Post #22   3/7/12 1:50:03AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by ruyen

I think he means they gave it to him because of the upkick.

Don't get frustrated Poor_Franklin, you must not know about the clause in the unified rules that states that if you land an up kick you automatically win the fight. It's in small print on the back of the cover but its there. The extra rounds were just a bonus to entertain the fans.

WAR BENDO!

At least SOMEONE reads the rules
Frankie made some mistakes in the first fight, primarily any time he had Bendo's back and didn't land/attempt a takedown from standing, he never landed shots on the way out. Perfect chance to at least score or try to deviate from the monotony of his beating. Either that or really capitalize on catching those body kicks. Still not sure if Frankie can win the rematch, Bendo looked twice his size and his kicks were about twice Frankie's range.

Post #23   3/7/12 8:18:31AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Chips:

This is getting old.

I'm praying that Bendo wins...I can't stomach another trilogy.

Last edited 3/7/12 8:56AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   3/7/12 8:55:45AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
So sick of the rematches in this division. Give someone else a shot.

Post #25   3/7/12 10:43:01AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by ruyen

I think he means they gave it to him because of the upkick.

Exactly wasnt that hard to decipher...

That is all he did plus one sub attempt and I dont believe sub attempts should count unless its just on the ground 100 percent...Most here I think understand what I mean because most attempt IMO cost more energy to the guy attempting it...

Post #26   3/7/12 11:34:01AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Frankie will win (again)

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #27   3/7/12 12:50:04PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Chips:
Wake me up in 2013 when the LW division isn't held hostage by rematches anymore.

Post #28   3/7/12 1:46:04PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Wake me up in 2013 when the LW division isn't held hostage by rematches anymore.

I couldn't agree more.

Post #29   3/7/12 1:49:07PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:989-539
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
B.J got a re-match and this fight was very close so I think he should get a re-match...Frankie and Gray 2 was a draw so they had to have a re-match.

It's gonna be close again so I don't know who to pick...leaning a bit more towards Bendo tho.

Post #30   3/7/12 2:26:56PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3