Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brandon Saling's Ohio, New Jersey Licenses Revoked for Falsified Information

Print  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Mar 6, 2012 - After causing a stir on Saturday at Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey, welterweight Brandon Saling's tenure in Strikeforce was short-lived. It turns out there may also not be much time left in his mixed martial arts career. According to Executive Director Bernie Profato of the Ohio Athletic Commission (OAC), Saling's fighter license has been revoked.

Article

Good riddance, I say.

Post #1   3/6/12 6:31:02PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,923-1,097
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Welcome to the blacklist, Mr. Saling.

Post #2   3/6/12 8:30:08PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Hope he gets a nice warm cell with Nasty Nate

Last edited 3/6/12 8:41PM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   3/6/12 8:38:44PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:524-367
Chips:
hopefully we never see this dude again

Post #4   3/6/12 8:47:50PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,284-1,543
Chips:
The guy obviously has some serious issues. When he was 17 he was arrested and convicted for having sex with a girl under 13....and as his 88 tattoo supposedly shows he is or was a neo nazi and/or white supremacist. However I have to ask a couple questions here. I am a super duper anti fascist and anti racist but....shouldn't he enjoy the same rights of free speech that everyone else wants? Hate speech may be totally ignorant and totally angering but they should be allowed to speak their BS no matter how stupid it is. If we don't allow them that we are nothing but hypocrites. As far as not notifying the Athletic commission I have to wonder about "youthful offender" status. I know that here in NY crimes committed under the age of 18 can sometimes fall under "youthful offender" status and the information is then sealed. Maybe when he was convicted of his disgusting crime he was granted such status and didn't realize he had to supply that information. If he was listed in a Sex Offender Registry then I doubt he received any "youthful offender" privacy though. If he failed to give the proper information then he should get what is coming to him. If he would have done that in the first place then I don't think anyone should have said too much about his past crimes or racist involvement though. He did his time and he should also be allowed free speech. Of course if it was my underage daughter he raped I would definitely pull some Roy DeMeo Gemini lounge sh*t on him. Okay...I am done babbling...for now anyhow.

Post #5   3/6/12 9:34:27PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

The guy obviously has some serious issues. When he was 17 he was arrested and convicted for having sex with a girl under 13....and as his 88 tattoo supposedly shows he is or was a neo nazi and/or white supremacist. However I have to ask a couple questions here. I am a super duper anti fascist and anti racist but....shouldn't he enjoy the same rights of free speech that everyone else wants? Hate speech may be totally ignorant and totally angering but they should be allowed to speak their BS no matter how stupid it is. If we don't allow them that we are nothing but hypocrites. As far as not notifying the Athletic commission I have to wonder about "youthful offender" status. I know that here in NY crimes committed under the age of 18 can sometimes fall under "youthful offender" status and the information is then sealed. Maybe when he was convicted of his disgusting crime he was granted such status and didn't realize he had to supply that information. If he was listed in a Sex Offender Registry then I doubt he received any "youthful offender" privacy though. If he failed to give the proper information then he should get what is coming to him. If he would have done that in the first place then I don't think anyone should have said too much about his past crimes or racist involvement though. He did his time and he should also be allowed free speech. Of course if it was my underage daughter he raped I would definitely pull some Roy DeMeo Gemini lounge sh*t on him. Okay...I am done babbling...for now anyhow.

Free speech means that the government can't put him in jail or fine him for what he said.

It DOES NOT mean that an employer can't refuse to hire him or that I don't have the right to hate him for what he says.

Its a protection FROM government. Not BY the government.

Post #6   3/6/12 10:52:44PM