Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Breaking news: Josh Barnett's MMA license reinstated in California

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Strikeforce heavyweight attraction and former PRIDE FC star Josh Barnett had his mixed martial arts (MMA) license reinstated today (March 5, 2012) during a special hearing in front of the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC).

But not without provisions.

"The Warmaster" must consent to "random biological fluid testing" at a time and place determined by the commission prior to his participation at any event held in the state of California.

Barnett, who is expected to fight undefeated division standout Daniel Cormier under the Strikeforce banner on May 19, has been battling the CSAC for over two years to get back in their good graces following his failed drug test back in 2009, one that sank the S.S. Affliction and canceled a late summer superfight against Fedor Emelianenko.

Now he's back, primarily because the state of California "needs good fighters," according to the commission.

More details on his reinstated license, as well as his upcoming fight against "DC," as they become available.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   3/5/12 3:45:30PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
theres only so many chances i can give and im just about done with barny he can fght but the juice is gettin old and really ruined his career for me hes not a guy with a great record aginst top competition and a ex champ hes the guy who pisses dirty and claims its a conspiericy

Post #2   3/5/12 3:48:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #3   3/5/12 4:48:53PM