Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Miesha Tate's Arm Not Broken By Ronda Rousey

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Following her fantastic submission win over Miesha Tate in the main event of Saturday's Strikeforce show, new 135-pound champion Ronda Rousey was dismissive when asked if she was going to make nice with her heated rival.

Tate, however, does have one thing to hold over Rousey: she didn't break her arm.

In a text to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani Sunday, Tate gave an update on her condition:

"I had X-Rays last night," Tate told MMAFighting.com via text message. "No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further."

LINK

Post #1   3/5/12 3:11:03PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Might have been better if her arm was broken, rather than all her ligaments, and tendons torn to shreds.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   3/5/12 3:16:24PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
YIKES! They're throwing Miesha to the wolves!

For Tate (12-3), the loss was her first in three years and marks the first time she's ever been submitted. Due to a lack of divisional depth, fellow Saturday night loser Alexis Vila could make sense as her next opponent.

SBNation strikes again. Seriously...proofreading works wonders!

Post #3   3/5/12 3:19:45PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

For Tate (12-3), the loss was her first in three years and marks the first time she's ever been submitted. Due to a lack of divisional depth, fellow Saturday night loser Alexis Vila could make sense as her next opponent.

What do they think this is Co-ed gym class?

Post #4   3/5/12 3:29:11PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

What do they think this is Co-ed gym class?

I loved the armbar, but might get a little squeamish watch Vila throwing hays upside those pretty braids.

Post #5   3/5/12 5:38:48PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
broken bones are a bitch, but generally they are fairly easy to recover from. torn ligaments and tendons are far worse IMO. there is no way there isnt some kind of connective tissue damage. her arm was bent in a horrible way.

Post #6   3/6/12 1:30:19AM