Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce: Brandon Saling (Bigot and Pedophile) Allowed To Fight.

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

forcing someone into having sexual contact IS rape.

What if you have Barry White playing?

Post #46   3/5/12 9:53:35AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Then it's called a family reunion.

Post #47   3/5/12 10:36:48AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You make a compelling argument.

Post #48   3/5/12 12:18:09PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,962-1,333
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
This is what he was charged with

Gross Sexual Imposition

You can be a racist, its not against the law. If being a racist meant you can't work then the majority of all the southern states would have 89% unemployment rates lol

As for his crime, I don't think he had sex with kids but he might of been in on a rape. I'm more mad that they let a rapist fight but then again Mike Tyson fought as a sex offender so I don't know what the rules are when it comes to things like that but I guess they can't stop you from trying to make a living.

Post #49   3/5/12 1:38:33PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Then it's called a family reunion.

Or hanging out with your kissing cousin.

Post #50   3/5/12 3:27:55PM   

twoguns365

Learning to Sprawl

twoguns365 Avatar

Career:1,656-1,131
Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

People are saying this guy shouldnt be allowed to make a living as a fighter but what do you suppose he should do? It's perfectly ok for him to prepare your food in a restaurant or build your house but he cant get beat up on tv to collect a pay check?

No, actually none of those for me...and if you ask me what he should do? Well, IMO, I've got a couple suggestions for him, but the main one is to play Russion Roulete with a 6-shooter and 7 bullets.
Just to make sure.

Post #51   3/5/12 3:50:40PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
I have a masters degree in abnormal psychology.

To reinterate the difference between a sexual predator and pedophile are very vast.

A Pedophile is described as somebody who is mentally ill. They are attracted to non-sexually mature children. This is to say that it is not normal for a man to be attracted to a person who has not gone through sexual maturity. These people are sick, and need help. It is not has hard to cure these people as one may think, because people are so disgusted by them its hard to get them the help they need...these people are normally harmless, and despite being pedophiles most donot go through with the act out of "morality". It is possible to not ever engage in any sexual activity with a non-sexually mature child and still be a pedophile. Pedophilism is not the act of rape...that is simply RAPE...it is just the act of being attracted to non-sexually mature persons. As said before, most pedophiles activly aknowledge something is wrong and seek help. They don't want to be attracted to children, they just are, and we need to find out what happened in there lives to condition them to this action, so that we can find proper recourse to fix it.

Brandon Sailing is not a pedophile.

Predators, are simply regular people who ignore societal laws and have sex with with underaged sexually mature persons. It is perfectly healthy, and acceptable to be attracted to sexually mature underaged persons. We can't help it. The thing is, it is wrong to have sex with these persons because they are not mentally mature enough to handle the experience, pretty much you are ignoreing your responsibilities as an adult to commit this act. Or at least that is the view in America. It is also my personal belief because I was raised here. However, as a logical person I reconignize that in countries where ther legal age is 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, or simply "sexual maturity" that they will not share the same moral compass as I, since they were raised differently. There entire life they ahve been conditioned that, at this age it is ok...how can anything ever change that?

The fact is we as human beings are attracted to sexually mature persons...that person may be 42 or they may be 12...it depends on what said person finds attractive. Brandon Sailing may or my not be a predator depending on his mental maturity.

True predators do not simply happen to have sex with underaged persons, they stalk, cohoarse, plan, or in some instances force/rape underaged persons.

Brandon may have been an 18 year old high school student who happened to be at a party where a very sexually mature 12 year old was also at, you mix drugs and alcohol into the equation and logical thinking goes out the window.

However, from reading the reports it does sound like he acted as a predator, but do understand that he is not a pedophile and also understand that predators can be dangerous moral-delinquent individuals. Pedophiles are just sick.

Also reconize that not all people who have sex with underaged persons are predators, sometimes they just made a "poor decison", or are simply raised under a differnet moral code.

Because the legal age in Russia is 16 (and there are pictorials of naked 16 year old models in the Russian men's health magazines), is Fedor Emeleneko a predator?

Last edited 3/5/12 5:22PM server time by MMA-San
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #52   3/5/12 5:19:08PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,923-1,097
Chips:
Here is a more in-depth analysis:

He was charged with rape. He pled guilty to and was convicted of gross sexual imposition. I can make a fairly informed guess at what that means, but cannot be certain. The little bit of facts (which we don't really know the accuracy of) we have are that when he was 18, he and another guy went to a 7th grade girl's birthday in the dead of night, left with two girls, ages 12 and 13. Some time later they were found together in a camper out in the middle of nowhere. Two other guys were also involved somehow. Of those 4 Saling and the other guy were the only ones charged with rape. The other guy was also charged with 3 counts of corrupting the girls with drugs. The other two guys were charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

We'll probably never know exactly what went down, but from what we do know it sounds pretty fucking sketchy. Picked up some little girls, drugged them up, and were found later in a camper with them. Two other guys at least knew about. Cops charged him with rape. He was convicted of a crime less than that.

Here is what we know based on the crime he was convicted of:

In Ohio, the big difference between rape and gsi is rape is sexual conduct whereas gsi is sexual contact. That tells me that the plea was allowed, at least in part, because there was less than dispositive evidence of penetration. Doesn't mean that it didn't happen, just that it wasn't going to be so easy to prove that there was no reason to hedge the state's bet and take the plea. By taking the plea, he admits that there was sexual contact. Sexual conduct is defined as "(B) “Sexual contact” means any touching of an erogenous zone of another, including without limitation the thigh, genitals, buttock, pubic region, or, if the person is a female, a breast, for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person."

From what I have read, the touching can be with the clothes on or off. Also, no penetration can occur or it is sexual conduct instead of contact. That creates the weird thing where an hand job is a sexual contact while fingering is considered sexual conduct.

To be gsi, that sexual contact must be done in one of the following ways: 1) by force against someone's will 2) drug them (either as a doctor or in a date rape scenario) 3) the victim is LESS than 13 years old 4) person is either mentally retarded or senile.

From what we know, it sounds like 2 or 3 could have been possible. By taking the plea, he admits that there was sexual contact either with the 12 year old or as a result of a girl being drugged(s).

In addition, the crime extends out beyond those who actually do the touching to people to include those who cause that sexual contact. By pleading to gsi, he admits that either he had or caused someone else to have sexual contact with either a 12 year old or a drugged up 13 year old.

To sum it up, here is what we know for sure:
When he was 18, Saling went with another guy to a young girl's birthday party in the middle of the night and left with a 12 and 13 year old. Between then and the time they were found in the camper out in the middle of nowhere, Saling admits that either he or someone that he caused had sexual contact (fondling of girls privates without penetration or fondling of the male) with either a drugged up 13 year old or the 12 year old.

Make of that what you will.

Post #53   3/5/12 5:23:08PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Just by looking at the guys picture, and reading about his racist tatoos I can pretty much come to the conclusion that he was indeed a predator.

However, given the facts its hard to deem him as such.

18 and 12 are actually close in age, meaning 5 years, at 13 its 4 years. You get drugs and alcohol into these people and anything can happen. It was most likely consensual, but do to providing drugs the court made it appear as rape, kind of like roofieing a person. But yea, they didn''t have enough to put him away because they were simply too close in age.

But yea, if you look at the guys picture, he's prolly a predator...

Post #54   3/5/12 11:19:00PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Just by looking at the guys picture, and reading about his racist tatoos I can pretty much come to the conclusion that he was indeed a predator.

However, given the facts its hard to deem him as such.

18 and 12 are actually close in age, meaning 5 years, at 13 its 4 years. You get drugs and alcohol into these people and anything can happen. It was most likely consensual, but do to providing drugs the court made it appear as rape, kind of like roofieing a person. But yea, they didn''t have enough to put him away because they were simply too close in age.

But yea, if you look at the guys picture, he's prolly a predator...

They may be closer numerically than a 30 year old and a 12 year old, but 18 is still old enough to know what you're doing.

There's only two possible scenarios that are present here:

1. He's an underdeveloped human being who doesn't understand the consequences of his actions at the most basic levels.

2. He is aware of what he was doing and willfully participated in the drugging and sexual abuse of two girls 12 & 13 years of age.

You make the call.

Post #55   3/5/12 11:25:50PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,695-1,709
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You all are posting a bunch of long winded and very over analytical nonsense. I risk a ban here by saying the dudes a scumbag and should have to suffer for it, regardless of talent. Cry me a f-ing river about it not being fair but the way that girl was treated wasn't fair either and its a tough cold world. You all sound like a bunch of hippies.

Post #56   3/9/12 10:14:31AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4