Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce: Brandon Saling (Bigot and Pedophile) Allowed To Fight.

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Brandon Saling, a competitor on tonight's card, was allowed to fight despite being a registered sex offender and a known bigot. I'm extremely disappointed this guy made it past the vetting process and someone's head needs to roll for this.

The SS bolts and 88 are on his shoulder.

Registered Sex Offender

Gregg Doyel's Blogg on CBS

Last edited 3/4/12 1:26AM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/4/12 1:24:21AM   

Jshep714

MMA Regular

Jshep714 Avatar

Career:1,465-765
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Somebody needs to be fired for this for sure. Did they just look at the guys record and bring him in?

How you don't do a background check or see the tattoos in pictures and videos is beyond understanding for me.

Post #2   3/4/12 1:46:20AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
So Josh, you are trying to tell me that the guy who fights with "White Steel" as his nickname (and tattooed on his stomach) is a racist?! There you go trying to drum up headlines again...

IMO, the fact that he is an obvious white supremacist shouldn't keep him out of Strikeforce, or the UFC for that matter. I would love to see bigots like him stomped out in front of as many people as possible. Not a good look for their cause.

The pedophile thing however... Actually, I was going to say that should absolutely preclude him from fighting on the big stage, but part of me just wants to see him get the ever living shit beat out of him even more.

Maybe the UFC can get together with the US prison systems, and just have fighters get tune up fights to beat up racists, rapists and pedophiles...

Post #3   3/4/12 1:49:07AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:
Man, i really dont know what to say other then pedophiles dont deserve much else other then air to breath, and even that, to me, is asking too much. sorry if this offends anyone

Post #4   3/4/12 1:58:02AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:
I don't agree with anything in his past, but If it's not a big deal when Bellator hires him to fight, but a big deal when Zuffa does then fuck the media for being biased.

Last edited 3/4/12 2:15AM server time by Kpro
2 total post edits

Post #5   3/4/12 2:11:51AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
rape of a minor under the age of 13? are you fucking serious? this asshole should be begging for life not fighting on tv in front of millions of spectators. zuffa better pull their shit together.

Post #6   3/4/12 2:31:15AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,533-950
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
This reminds me of that one dude that fought in Pride with all the racist tattoos. He had bolts and crosshairs. But yea I think this dude should be allowed to fight. It is not a far jump to say Jeff Monson shouldnt be allowed to fight because of his beliefs and actions. Fighting is fighting and has nothing to do with politics. Should we not let Court McGee fight cause he did drugs in the past?

Post #7   3/4/12 2:33:00AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:
By the way let me clarify... I do not support his beliefs or actions. I would have some rather interesting things to say if not for the fighter bashing rules.

Post #8   3/4/12 2:37:11AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

This reminds me of that one dude that fought in Pride with all the racist tattoos. He had bolts and crosshairs. But yea I think this dude should be allowed to fight. It is not a far jump to say Jeff Monson shouldnt be allowed to fight because of his beliefs and actions. Fighting is fighting and has nothing to do with politics. Should we not let Court McGee fight cause he did drugs in the past?

I'm not sure it's the nazi part that bothers people most, dude.

Post #9   3/4/12 2:37:53AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

I'm not trying to start something here but did you really just compare rape of a girl under 13 years of age to doing drugs?

If that's not what you meant I'm sorry I read it wrong.

Last edited 3/4/12 2:48AM server time by budgellism

Post #10   3/4/12 2:40:16AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I'm with BlueSkies on this one. I hate racists and pedophiles with a passion so I guess one can call me a racist too.

Miguel Torres was released for making a joke about rape - and here you have a fighter who has lived out that joke. It does not make any sense at all.

I am pretty sure people who support this bigot will use Cain's tattoo as a way to say Zuffa would be discriminating against the bigot if Zuffa chooses to release him but keep Cain. Although that would be a legitimate argument, you have to take into consideration this bigot is also a criminal and not just any criminal - but a pedo.

From all the crap Dana has said and done regarding the offensive things ufc fighters have said, this bigot should not have been allowed to fight under the Zuffa banner.

Post #11   3/4/12 2:41:34AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Chips:
Whoops, screwed that up

Last edited 3/4/12 2:47AM server time by budgellism

Post #12   3/4/12 2:44:02AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I would just like it noted that the part of this whole story that bothers me most is that Strikeforce didn't even know about this beforehand. They didn't find out until after the show.

Dana is investigating it and so is the state of Ohio who, coincidentally, claim they didn't know about it either.

Dana saying he's looking into it.

Ohio saying they're sorry they missed it.

Post #13   3/4/12 2:48:43AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:
In the context of the sport I am comparing a crime to a crime. I know these two crimes are completely different in nature. But this is a sport. These people are not suppose to be moral icons or heros. But no, I am not saying doing drugs and child rape are the same thing.

What I am saying is... Someone's legal problems and/or beliefs should not be an issue when it comes to fighting. Now if this guy starts screaming pro-child rape and racist speeches at the end of his fights that is different. But where do you draw the line?

Post #14   3/4/12 2:51:21AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:
I and I'm sure many others on this site knew about this before he was on the Bellator card. He's been on many MMA website OT forums in worst MMA tattoo's threads and his rape past has been brought up before years ago. If I knew about it, how did Bellator & Strikeforce not?

Firstly, I think it's wrong it gets all this attention when he fights for Strikeforce under the Zuffa umbrella and drew zero attention when he fought for Bellator who has a major network TV deal with Viacom.

Secondly, this shouldn't be about his tattoo's. He has the freedom to tattoo what he wants on his body and be judged because of it but not denied a license to fight.

Lastly, rape spreads many meanings in many states. 18 and 16 with consent is rape in some states, or 19 and 17 with consent, and I disagree with those personally. This was 18 and 12, so we can judge on that alone, 8 years ago. Rightfully and disgustingly so. But to not judge until he goes under the Zuffa banner is sad. "I" knew about this years and years ago..... major organizations and AC's didn't? Either BS, or MMA OT forum posters should become the heads of AC's for having more knowledge on fighters than AC heads.

EDIT: Actually I like the idea of having MMA OT forum posters as AC heads

Last edited 3/4/12 4:06AM server time by Kpro
2 total post edits

Post #15   3/4/12 3:53:41AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4