Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

SI video profile of Ronda Rousey: 'The Perfect Storm'

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Life gave Ronda Rousey all she could handle when she was born blue and not breathing. Rousey was revived in the operating room, but was later diagnosed with brain damage that hindered her ability to speak coherently until age six.

At 8, Rousey's father took his own life after he'd been paralyzed in a sledding accident and then contracted a rare disease that made recovery impossible.

Mother Ann Maria, who'd taken up judo when her own mother pushed her out the car door at the local YMCA and told her to go join something, made it a requirement that all her four daughters at least try the sport that had empowered her.

LINK

Post #1   3/2/12 3:05:52PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Very interesting video. Well done by Hunt, who I've never been a fan of personally.

Post #2   3/2/12 3:47:17PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I like reading these kinds of stories. I know a little about fighting for your life as soon as it starts. I was born with 73% of one kidney and two collapsed lungs. I was 2 1/2 months premature. So I have a soft spot for others who went through similar circumstances

Post #3   3/2/12 5:13:45PM   

DavidAvellan

MMA Regular

DavidAvellan Avatar

Career:2-
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I like reading these kinds of stories. I know a little about fighting for your life as soon as it starts. I was born with 73% of one kidney and two collapsed lungs. I was 2 1/2 months premature. So I have a soft spot for others who went through similar circumstances

Wow! That sounds like quite the struggle. Glad to see that you came out on top

Post #4   3/2/12 6:24:29PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
OH MY GOD!!! my computer is such junk, i have to watch the video in like 1 min sections before letting it buffer for like 5 mins. F**K my life, and my computer

Post #5   3/2/12 6:53:09PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Great Stuff!!

Post #6   3/2/12 9:08:22PM