Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

FIGHTS TO MAKE AFTER UFC 144

Print  
Agree with me?
Ryan Bader vs. Phil Davis 2 15%
Quinton Jackson vs. Rich Franklin 2 15%
Jake Shield vs. Jon Fitch 2 15%
Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami 2 2 15%
Hatsu Hioki vs. Jose Aldo 3 23%
Others 2 15%
Posted By Message

dotaaddict

Learning to Sprawl

dotaaddict Avatar

Career:605-472
Camp: MMA Tycoon
Chips:
Men, UFC 144 is a heck of an event! and the results are staggering; some upsets, some blow outs and some intrigues!

We all know that Frankie is on a cross road right now of his career so I dont want to think about his next fight. Also, Henderson vs. Pettis is already 90% done so I will not include it.

This fights should be done:

Ryan Bader vs. Phil Davis: A fight between 2 young contenders. If Phil wins, his back on track and if Bader wins, a new blood will be included in the upper echelon of the 205 division.

Quinton Jackson vs. Rich Franklin: The loser of this fight should retire. Lets face it, Rampage is not on the top 10 fighter of 205 division right now. His confidence is really low right now because I believe he begun to realize that he cannot compete with the new bloods after the Jon Jones fight. Please, dont let him fight another top 10 fighter because he will surely loss and his HoF reputation would be hit.

Jake Shield vs. Jon Fitch: 2 contenders who wants to put back their status as one of the upper echelon fighters. And also,this 2 fighters were really old already and we need to know if who has still the skills and hunger to fight as a contender in the future.

Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami 2: Yeah, Boetsch wins that fight but why should he ask for a top tier fighter if he can do a rematch with a perennial contender and ex title challenger? If he really belongs, he should win this fight.

Hatsu Hioki vs. Jose Aldo: Give us this fight before trying to make a fight between Aldo and Edgar! This is a fight between Japan and Brazil. The 2 cornerstone of MMA!! Man, if you want to comeback in Japan then do this in July!!

Post #1   3/1/12 2:05:27AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i went with shields and fitch. i would also like to see hioki fight aldo, his win over sandro was badass. most people thought he would lose including me, but he dominated. i think aldo would win but it would be a closer fight than alot of people think

Post #2   3/1/12 3:19:32AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:
I really wouldn't care to see Okami get another shot at Boetsch. Boetsch had an amazing comeback for the TKO win. Give him someone else now. Don't give Okami a chance for redemption when he got finished.

Post #3   3/1/12 9:21:05AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Ben Henderson - Aldo

Frankie Edgar - Faber @ 145

Ryan Bader - Dan Henderson

Rampage - Shogun

Mark Hunt - Stefan Struve

Cheick Kongo - Roy Nelson

Jake Shields - Paulo Thiago

Akiyama - Diego Sanchez

Tim Boetsch - Bisping

Hatsu Hioki - Jimmy Hettes

Anthony Pettis - Nate Diaz

Post #4   3/1/12 9:24:09AM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:

Posted by dotaaddict

Ryan Bader vs. Phil Davis
Quinton Jackson vs. Rich Franklin
Jake Shield vs. Jon Fitch
Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami 2
Hatsu Hioki vs. Jose Aldo

I agree with Bader/Davis, Jackson/Franklin, and Shields/Fitch, but not the other 2. I want to see:
Guida vs Edgar
Nelson vs Kongo (Kongo loses he goes to LHW or cut)
Stephens vs Gomi (slugfest)
and more but I can't think right now

Post #5   3/1/12 10:53:24PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,418-848
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Samps

Posted by dotaaddict

Ryan Bader vs. Phil Davis
Quinton Jackson vs. Rich Franklin
Jake Shield vs. Jon Fitch
Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami 2
Hatsu Hioki vs. Jose Aldo

I agree with Bader/Davis, Jackson/Franklin, and Shields/Fitch, but not the other 2. I want to see:
Guida vs Edgar
Nelson vs Kongo (Kongo loses he goes to LHW or cut)
Stephens vs Gomi (slugfest)
and more but I can't think right now

Kongo at lightheavy?
Seriously, is it possible? If so, I know even less about weight cutting than I thought I did.

Last edited 3/2/12 8:10AM server time by State_Champ
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   3/1/12 11:53:19PM