Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage Reveals He Used Testosterone Therapy for Bader Fight

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson missed weight for his fight with Ryan Bader by an enormous five pounds, something unheard of for the former UFC and Pride champion. Already beset by allegations that he was not taking the fight seriously, the weight-miss was taken as proof positive that he did not care about the bout or respect Bader as an opponent.

In the week prior to the fight, Jackson had caused a storm by slamming UFC commentator Joe Rogan. He accused Rogan of biased commentary and said that he always had negative comments to make about Jackson’s techniques and overall game. All in all, the days preceding the fight were not vintage for Jackson.

Then the fight itself went 15 minutes and apart from one or two sparks - including a trademark slam - it was something of an anti-climax and Jackson was again criticised - by fans - for displaying a limited repertoire. Stung by this criticism, and unhappy about a few other things, Jackson picked up the phone and told Fighters Only a few home truths which he would like to share with the world.

LINK

Post #1   2/29/12 10:34:14PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,151-1,347
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
I dont see the problem anymore. Its obvious that a ton of MMA fighters are doing this these days.

Post #2   2/29/12 11:28:26PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,232-801
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Only natural rampage is gonna get criticized. Even more now cause he lost

Would have been different had he won

Post #3   2/29/12 11:34:26PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Not a fan of using Testosterone.

Its a known performance enhancing drug.

Looks to me like people are just finding away to game the system.

We also don't exactly know what it does to our bodies or how effective it is as a supplement (vs. natural.)

We know that it can enhance strength and performance but there are also studies in psychology that suggest high levels of testosterone (or even say the difference between men and women) can reduce brain function.

You need to be thinking in a fight. It's strategy as much as it is physical.

I'm speculating for sure. The whole thing just makes me uncomfortable.

Post #4   3/1/12 12:56:36AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

We also don't exactly know what it does to our bodies or how effective it is as a supplement (vs. natural.)

We know that it can enhance strength and performance but there are also studies in psychology that suggest high levels of testosterone (or even say the difference between men and women) can reduce brain function.

He did say that he was boning 5 times a night after starting up on it. I didn't even think that was possible

Post #5   3/1/12 9:54:38AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Hendo and Couture both pretty much only had late careers because of TRT to keep their wrinkly asses from decaying. I think in those cases its fair to bring someone to a 1.0.

Post #6   3/1/12 11:41:20AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Hendo and Couture both pretty much only had late careers because of TRT to keep their wrinkly asses from decaying. I think in those cases its fair to bring someone to a 1.0.

do you ever have anything insightful or remotely positive to post?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   3/1/12 12:05:58PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ghandikush

do you ever have anything insightful or remotely positive to post?

Yes, follow me here for a minute... ehem,...

1. Couture Hendo an a host of other aging wrestlers have only maintained elite athleticism because they've supplemented their decaying testosterone.

2. It is fair to bring someone to a 1.0 imo as long as a 1.0 measurement is a matt serra 1.0 and not a GSP 1.0 which is extremely unusual.

3. See above two.

Oh I forgot positive.... probably not..... Ben Hendo so sexy mm mmm want me sum of that chocolate goodness.

Last edited 3/1/12 1:57PM server time by ghandikush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/1/12 1:56:23PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

gotta agree, don't see how TRT is fair, it is a loop hole to take PED, roods or waterer the hell you want to call them. rampage said he only took 3 injections and they for his knee to heal, but if you read more he talks about how much more athletic it made him and yea doing it 5x a night and that was only 3 shots... don't see how this can still be allowed. also i couldn't find if he got an excuse from the commission to take them, if not he might be in trouble

Post #9   3/1/12 5:11:31PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Chips:
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Getting upset at older fighters for using Trt is a lot like getting mad at fighters who cut water weight.

Post #10   3/2/12 2:01:00AM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:748-365
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by bjj1605

He did say that he was boning 5 times a night after starting up on it. I didn't even think that was possible

Oh, it's definitely possible (and more!).
Rare for most guys though, I'll admit.

On the topic... If he's playing by the rules, I don't have an issue with it. I do find it surprising how much TRT comes up in this sport though.

It was an interesting interview to read. As much as he seems to be committed to staying in the thick of MMA competition, I still get the feeling that he has too much on the go right now on the entertainment industry side of things. There's nothing wrong with that and I think it'll be a natural transition once he retires. Training is a huge commitment though, and I can see his focus fading on this front more and more for the 'King of Doggy Style'... lol

Post #11   3/2/12 11:33:25AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Chips:
Apparently ZUFFA isn't very happy with Rampage for doing this interview. Word on the street is that he was drunk while doing it.

Post #12   3/2/12 11:36:27AM