Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Edgar: I'm Staying at 155, and I Want My Rematch

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

KoldKhaos

MMA Regular

Career:195-151
Chips:
dana said if edgar drops he gets an immediate crack at Jose Aldo, i think he doesnt want the fight cause Aldo will rip him a new one... Just my thoughts.

Post #16   2/29/12 8:25:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
the only people who thought Penn won and wanted a rematch were Penn nuthuggers. Frankie won that fight pretty convincingly....just like how most of you thought Bendo won pretty convincingly. A rematch is warranted in this case. Miller/Diaz winner gets the next title shot as both would have top wins leading up to the title fight. Make Pettis vs Maynard so he can beat a top 10 and actually deserve a title shot. I don't buy the "oh he beat Bendo therefore he should get a rematch" after KOing a non top 10. Under that thought, Hughes should have gotten a rematch with GSP after choking out Almeida and Maynard should have fought Penn before Edgar

Last edited 2/29/12 8:27PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   2/29/12 8:26:13PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by dfwkris
blah blah blah childish banter and gibberish blah blah blah

I'd say welcome to the Playground, but you won't be around long enough to see this.

If you have something meaningful to add, do so. If not, just don't post. It's that simple.

Last edited 2/29/12 9:49PM server time by emfleek

Post #18   2/29/12 8:44:59PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by dfwkris

blah blah blah blah childish banter and gibberish yadda yadda i'm immature blah blah

I think that might be the worst first post I've ever seen. Troll is probably too kind a word to describe you.

Last edited 2/29/12 9:50PM server time by emfleek

Post #19   2/29/12 9:14:11PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't see why not. I mean this was a more closer decision than Edgar vs Penn 1. Then again I am tired of this instant rematches. At least have him fight once with a contender then give him another shot.

I say Edgar vs pettis. Winner gets Benson

Post #20   2/29/12 9:28:04PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I don't see why not. I mean this was a more closer decision than Edgar vs Penn 1. Then again I am tired of this instant rematches. At least have him fight once with a contender then give him another shot.

Although I like the sound of that - it is just not feasible. That would mean Henderson will have to be sidelined for at least 6 plus months and that is only if Edgar is healthy which I'm sure he is not. Edgar suffered a powerful up-kick from Henderson which may have broken Edgar's nose which probably resulted in a 6 plus months medical suspension - which means Henderson's first title defense would be almost a year from now. It's just not feasible.

Post #21   2/29/12 9:45:03PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

So let me get this straight, Frankie had to immediately rematch Penn and Maynard, but none of you feel as though he deserves an immediate rematch? That seems fair.

I totally want to see the rematch.

I definitely think Bendo won, but Frankie deserves this out of fairness.

Regardless of circumstances, Frankie had to give two immediate rematches.

I also think that Frankie would have a great chance of winning (even though Bendo won this one fair and square.)

I'm no Edgar fan. But that up kick changed the whole course of the fight. Frankie's nose was messed up (broken?) and that hurt his breathing.

Not saying that the kick was a fluke, but it was a single fortunate strike that changed the whole fight.

Anyway, it was very entertaining and I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see it again.

Post #22   3/1/12 1:02:16AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Although I like the sound of that - it is just not feasible. That would mean Henderson will have to be sidelined for at least 6 plus months and that is only if Edgar is healthy which I'm sure he is not. Edgar suffered a powerful up-kick from Henderson which may have broken Edgar's nose which probably resulted in a 6 plus months medical suspension - which means Henderson's first title defense would be almost a year from now. It's just not feasible.

a champion not fighting for 6 months is better than what we have been seeing lately.

Miller vs Diaz is very soon, so the winner of that deserves the next title shot and it wont be that long of a delay. Edgar/Bendo 2 in August is not unreasonable

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #23   3/1/12 12:03:07PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

a champion not fighting for 6 months is better than what we have been seeing lately.

Miller vs Diaz is very soon, so the winner of that deserves the next title shot and it wont be that long of a delay. Edgar/Bendo 2 in August is not unreasonable

I think you misread everything. Prozac suggested Edgar fights Pettis for the title shot. Let's assume Edgar fights Pettis in 6 months - that would mean Benson would have to wait at least 3 additional months to fight the winner of Edgar vs Pettis which would at least be 9 months until Benson defends for the first time.

Post #24   3/1/12 12:16:44PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2