Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mark Hunt

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by warglory

Posted by george112

Super stoked Hunt won.

I've been a fan since his Pride days and its good to see a former Pride fighter succeed. Especially with a knockout on a relevant heavyweight.

Thank you Mark Hunt. For making my night

But its with regret that I have to say he wouldn't stand a chance against JDS

But holy shit that would be awesome if he beat em

Actually in terms of pure striking, I think Mark Hunt is a better striker than JDS, and that's saying a lot. Of course, the whole grappling dimension would likely throw Hunt for a loop.

I do have to agree with everyone here though, I am marking out for Hunt for sure!

Well striking skill wasn't really what I was thinking would give JDS an advantage.and neither was grappling.

What I had in mind was just more power coming behind JDS' hands.

Look at the Henderson Bisping fight.
Did i think Henderson is a good striker? Yes.
Do i think bisping is better technically? Yes.
Do i think Henderson hit harder? Yes.

Hendersons knockout power compensated for his inferior striking against bisping

Now by saying this it might sound like I'm saying Henderson sucks at striking and that bisping is a weakling. No. That's not what im saying.I'm just saying Hendersown is stronger and bisping was better technically better at striking.

JDS' power will be too much I think.

You could be right, but I think that Hunt has more power than JDS too. When Hunt connects, pretty much every time, his opponents feel it. JDS does have the advantage in the speed department though, which would definitely play a huge role.

Post #16   2/27/12 11:06:31PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by george112

Posted by warglory

Posted by george112

Super stoked Hunt won.

I've been a fan since his Pride days and its good to see a former Pride fighter succeed. Especially with a knockout on a relevant heavyweight.

Thank you Mark Hunt. For making my night

But its with regret that I have to say he wouldn't stand a chance against JDS

But holy shit that would be awesome if he beat em

Actually in terms of pure striking, I think Mark Hunt is a better striker than JDS, and that's saying a lot. Of course, the whole grappling dimension would likely throw Hunt for a loop.

I do have to agree with everyone here though, I am marking out for Hunt for sure!

Well striking skill wasn't really what I was thinking would give JDS an advantage.and neither was grappling.

What I had in mind was just more power coming behind JDS' hands.

Look at the Henderson Bisping fight.
Did i think Henderson is a good striker? Yes.
Do i think bisping is better technically? Yes.
Do i think Henderson hit harder? Yes.

Hendersons knockout power compensated for his inferior striking against bisping

Now by saying this it might sound like I'm saying Henderson sucks at striking and that bisping is a weakling. No. That's not what im saying.I'm just saying Hendersown is stronger and bisping was better technically better at striking.

JDS' power will be too much I think.

You could be right, but I think that Hunt has more power than JDS too. When Hunt connects, pretty much every time, his opponents feel it. JDS does have the advantage in the speed department though, which would definitely play a huge role.

I didn't know you thought hunt has more power

In that case your view is just as valid as mine.

I agree about the speed.

Dangerous combination.

Speed+Power

Post #17   2/27/12 11:27:09PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,790-1,126
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm on the Hunt warwagon for sure!!!! I was 100% sure he was beating Kongo

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #18   2/27/12 11:44:21PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

I'm on the Hunt warwagon for sure!!!! I was 100% sure he was beating Kongo

Post #19   2/27/12 11:50:30PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I believe I said it already but I think the ufc should try to market Mark Hunt. The man has a stage presence like no other.

Back to the topic - Joe Silva and the intern should be very careful when setting up fights for Hunt. If they know what they are doing, they should do everything possible to avoid giving Hunt guys who have significant wrestling and submission capabilities.

I like the idea of Hunt vs Tim Silvia or Shane Carwin and better yet - both.....and I would predict Hunt destroys both of them.

Post #20   2/27/12 11:51:59PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

Hilariously i think Hunt may be the #1 guy in the division to stand a chance against Junior Dos Santos at the moment. No one else can stand with Junior.

so a K-1 world champion doesn't stand a chance?

Overeem will beat JDS

Mark Hunt is also a K-1 World Grand Prix Champion

Post #21   2/28/12 2:21:05AM   

theman209

MMA Regular

theman209 Avatar

Career:426-254
Chips:
Hunt's a fighter. All he wants to do is fight and I get the sense that he doesn't really care about winning the belt or anything. Yeah, he has a 3-fight winning streak which isn't easy to put together these days in the UFC but he came up against a guy who completely failed to utilize his gameplan or just had the wrong one to start with. Hunt probably has the heaviest hands in the division and for Kongo to stand there and try to bang with him without showing any inclination to use his reach advantage was really dumb. JDS would have to be wary of Hunt's power but that's about it. Guys like Mir and Overeem present more challenges for JDS than Hunt. Regardless, it's hilarious to watch him talk about how he seriously asked Dana to book him on the Aussie card straight after he beat Kongo.

Post #22   2/28/12 5:05:26AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
Mark Hunt is looking beastly lately, Kongo is a tough opponent and he knocked the crap outta him. Anyone at HW who dare stand and trade with Hunt I think will suffer the same fate as Kongo. Love to see Hunt face Big Foot Silva.

Post #23   2/28/12 6:10:51AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
All I want to see is a fights with Strueve and Pat Berry. Then see where he goes from there. It was not that long ago he had his arm ripped off by McKorkel. I'm Pretty sure JDS and Overreem Both have much better ground games then that guy. As JJfreak said Hunt looked good in the clinch but that range with Alister is not where anyone wants to find themselves.

Post #24   2/28/12 7:56:03AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Mark Hunt vs. Pat Barry

Book it.

Post #25   2/28/12 9:25:13AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:879-498
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
As for who he should fight, I think Russow would makes sense, both guys are riding nice win streaks and a win for either guy, would get them a top 10 guy no matter what.

As for who I want him to fight, Barry all day. Two Kickboxers going at it in the Octagon. I doubt the fight lasts for more than 30 seconds once they start swinging off on each other.

As for who I think he'll fight next, just have a strange feeling they offer Struve.

If any of the upper HW's get injured, I think Hunt will be getting a call to fill in.

Post #26   2/28/12 10:40:11AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Within the MMA world I think Hunt is somewhat of an enigma.

Subbed by Yoshida,beat a prime Wandy on a very contraversial decision,got subbed easy by Barnett then turned around a gave Fedor a damn tough fight,subbed by Reem and Mousasi,took a lethal body shot from Manhoef (which suprised me),subbed by MCcorkle and has now won 3 straight.

I think Hunt is the type of guy that on any given day can take out anyone so hopefully he keeps up the good training and we see the best Mark Hunt we possibly can. As for his next opponent I want to see a bigger named opponent.
I think guys like Struve and Nelson are up Hunt's alley but I think possibly it might be best to get what they can out of him and see how he stacks up against a guy like Carwin.

Post #27   2/28/12 1:52:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

Hilariously i think Hunt may be the #1 guy in the division to stand a chance against Junior Dos Santos at the moment. No one else can stand with Junior.

so a K-1 world champion doesn't stand a chance?

Overeem will beat JDS

Mark Hunt is also a K-1 World Grand Prix Champion

lol i know, I was referring to AO who apparently has been counted out

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #28   2/28/12 1:57:06PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Can't believe I doubted one of the best HW's to ever compete in combat sports, just didn't expect his grappling defense to come along so well. However in Kongo's defense Hunt had about 40+ lbs on him and usually Kongo outgrapples smaller heavyweights. Here's hoping they match him up with Barry!

Post #29   2/28/12 2:42:39PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The guy lost 5 in a row. Now won 3 in the Ufc
Can't be more happier for him

Nelson vs hunt. Battle of the guts!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he fought russow or struve next

Post #30   2/28/12 6:38:07PM