Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Despite controversial loss, UFC 144's Takeya Mizugaki awarded his win bonus

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Glad to hear Miz gets his win bonus. I, was shocked at the decision.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #16   2/26/12 11:53:23PM   

crazedfan

MMA Regular

crazedfan Avatar

Career:2,552-1,404
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:
I love how people think that numbers and statistics can accurately explain how a fight plays out. MMA is not baseball. Statistics are nice and all, but they don't tell the story of a fight.

Post #17   2/27/12 12:52:59PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,942-1,039
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Just so no one thinks I'm biased.

I picked Mizugaki by UD (I would have won 11 points) and had him in my parlay (this decision cost me $3500.)

If fight metric did state 2 for 4 takedowns then those stats are already incorrect, mizagaki scored atleast 1 takedown each round & though he didnt come close to finishing he deff controlled the action & won the Desicion. Its not like Cariaso was working some crazy guard, I find that ufc comment in poor taste. What we watch doesnt effect anything, if a fighter is holding a fighter down then he wins its that simple.

Last edited 2/27/12 2:18PM server time by Quezocrema0032
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   2/27/12 2:00:30PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,512-891
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by bjj1605

I picked Mizugaki by UD (I would have won 11 points) and had him in my parlay (this decision cost me $3500.)

If fight metric did state 2 for 4 takedowns then those stats are already incorrect, mizagaki scored atleast 1 takedown each round & though he didnt come close to finishing he deff controlled the action & won the Desicion. Its not like Cariaso was working some crazy guard, I find that ufc comment in poor taste. What we watch doesnt effect anything, if a fighter is holding a fighter down then he wins its that simple.

In the third round the fight went to the mat after Cariaso landed a head kick and fell down. That doesn't count as a takedown.

I agree that Fight-metric does a poor job of tallying stats though. Anyone on this site with even cursory knowledge of MMA could watch any fight and find several mistakes made by Fight-metric.

And what you watch most certainly DOES affect your biases. The reason you think being on top wins you the fight is because that's what the UFC judges have taught you over the years. Royce Gracie disproved that myth back in UFC 1 but people have already forgotten again.

Post #19   2/27/12 4:03:13PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,942-1,039
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by bjj1605

In the third round the fight went to the mat after Cariaso landed a head kick and fell down. That doesn't count as a takedown.

I agree that Fight-metric does a poor job of tallying stats though. Anyone on this site with even cursory knowledge of MMA could watch any fight and find several mistakes made by Fight-metric.

And what you watch most certainly DOES affect your biases. The reason you think being on top wins you the fight is because that's what the UFC judges have taught you over the years. Royce Gracie disproved that myth back in UFC 1 but people have already forgotten again.

The difference is that Royce finished the fight, chris never even came close. The best thing he did was sweep him in the 2nd, which Takeya popped up from right away. If chris was fighting like Curran did against Takeya or Creduer did against Catone in their 1st round or Maia, against Herman in their 1st round then id give the Nod to the guy off his back. But that wasnt the case in any round of this fight, it was just a bad desicion no way around it

& even Torres vs Mighty mouse would be a good example of what you would have to do to win a decsion off your back, Chris didnt preform like any of those examples

Post #20   2/27/12 6:35:16PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   2/27/12 7:08:00PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,238-1,256
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Can I get my parlay money that I got f___ed out of?

Haha...same here.

Sometimes the fact that Dana makes up his own rules as he goes along, works to the good of the fighters. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Post #22   2/28/12 11:05:43AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Chips:

Posted by crazedfan

MMA is not baseball. Statistics are nice and all, but they don't tell the story of a fight.

They do if the fight goes to a decision.

Post #23   2/28/12 11:15:16AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2