Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

what ever happened????

Print  
Posted By Message

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
what ever happened to w. silva's contract or at least fight in the ufc.....

Post #1   1/27/07 7:06:44AM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:
If you were reffering to when he was fighting in the UFC, before he was ever in pride, then i think his contract either ran out, or after his loss to TIto Ortiz, UFC just decided to scrap him and let Pride have him. If that is infact why then UFC is definatly kicking themselves in the ass right now :P

If you were reffering to the fight with Liddell, then I think it was just because Dana White was to scared. I read somewhere that he said no because Wandy just got KTFO by Cro Cop.

Post #2   1/27/07 2:13:36PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Infused

If you were reffering to when he was fighting in the UFC, before he was ever in pride, then i think his contract either ran out, or after his loss to TIto Ortiz, UFC just decided to scrap him and let Pride have him. If that is infact why then UFC is definatly kicking themselves in the ass right now :P

If you were reffering to the fight with Liddell, then I think it was just because Dana White was to scared. I read somewhere that he said no because Wandy just got KTFO by Cro Cop.

Actually, according to Dave Meltzer, The UFC wanted him to sign a 3 fight contract contingent on him winning the title. Pride said no. You can't blame either of them, I'm sure Chuck and Wandy want to fight eachother. I'm sure you can't blame the UFC no matter how confident they are in Chuck. IF Wandy wins then they just had thier champion lose and helped a rival MMA org. launch thier name to the casual fan in the US. You can't blame Pride no matter how confident they are for not wanting their LHVY champ to fight in another orgination instead of theirs. It's all about money and control . Since the Yakazu scandal I am sure the UFC will do nothing that will help Pride. Dana did say in a interview that Wandy got destroyed by Cro-Cop and wasn't worthy of a title shot now. He also said that Wandy couldn't fight at the appointed time because he was KOed and there is a Nevada rule about fighters needing a certain amount of time (60-90 days I think?) after a KO before they can fight. Either way , it won't happen now. The UFC has nothing to gain by giving Pride possible exposure to the casual US fan, and they probably think they can just wait for his contract to run out and outspend them like Cro-cop. I guess we can alwways dream, but I think we'll have to wait.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   1/27/07 6:23:19PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Again great posting hippy. I'd love to see Chuck put in a better performance against Cro Cop though. Dana makes me laugh sometimes, although without a doubt he is a incredible business man when it comes to MMA.

Post #4   1/27/07 9:02:45PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker
Actually, according to Dave Meltzer, The UFC wanted him to sign a 3 fight contract contingent on him winning the title. Pride said no. You can't blame either of them, I'm sure Chuck and Wandy want to fight eachother. I'm sure you can't blame the UFC no matter how confident they are in Chuck. IF Wandy wins then they just had thier champion lose and helped a rival MMA org. launch thier name to the casual fan in the US. You can't blame Pride no matter how confident they are for not wanting their LHVY champ to fight in another orgination instead of theirs. It's all about money and control . Since the Yakazu scandal I am sure the UFC will do nothing that will help Pride. Dana did say in a interview that Wandy got destroyed by Cro-Cop and wasn't worthy of a title shot now. He also said that Wandy couldn't fight at the appointed time because he was KOed and there is a Nevada rule about fighters needing a certain amount of time (60-90 days I think?) after a KO before they can fight. Either way , it won't happen now. The UFC has nothing to gain by giving Pride possible exposure to the casual US fan, and they probably think they can just wait for his contract to run out and outspend them like Cro-cop. I guess we can alwways dream, but I think we'll have to wait.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

It be pretty sweet if UFC got Wandy (or maybe even Pride as the rumours are saying)

Post #5   1/27/07 9:19:03PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Infused

Posted by hippysmacker

Thanks for clearing that up :)

It be pretty sweet if UFC got Wandy (or maybe even Pride as the rumours are saying)

Your welcome, the dream is still alive!

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   1/27/07 9:58:22PM