Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brian Stann calls out Michael Bisping; wants to 'walk straight through him with a right hand'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
UFC middleweight super-slugger Brian Stann must get a kick out of fighting International competition.

On Sat., April 14, 2012, the "All American" will throw hands opposite Italian boxer Alessio Sakara on the main card of the UFC on FUEL TV 2 event from the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden. After that?

Bring on Michael Bisping.

Apparently Stann isn't too happy with comments "The Count" made following a submission loss to Chael Sonnen at UFC 136 last October. The brash Brit called Stann a "white belt" who was "exposed."

And as Stann explains to EsNewsReporting, them fightin' words.

Link

Post #1   2/24/12 3:16:25PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Stann should walk right through Sakara, but he'll probably have his hands full with the count. WAR Bisping! (because somebody has to)

Post #2   2/24/12 3:37:33PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I agree, one opponent at a time. Sakara isn't incredible but it doesn't matter who you are, Sakara is a legit boxer and although his chin isn't solid. A loss over Sakara will send you a long way down the ladder.

I don't see Sakara beating him but one European at a time.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   2/24/12 4:03:47PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:
Bisping always talks s*** about someone, nothing new there. I'd love to see Stann get his hands on him, though.

Post #4   2/24/12 4:17:40PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Chips:
Stann vs Bisping
MAKE IT HAPPEN

Post #5   2/24/12 4:49:34PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I doubt bisping next fight will be stann
I still think he faces maia next if maia doesn't drop to welter. If so i would love to see him face weidman next

Post #6   2/24/12 5:17:00PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
I'd like to see the fight.

Post #7   2/24/12 5:45:42PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:
I want him to walk through him with a right

Post #8   2/24/12 6:09:09PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Bisping takes this fairly easily

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   2/24/12 7:19:59PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

agreed.

styles make fights...stann has power thats his only chance if that fight happens, so he could win....

common opp coming to mind Chael...Stann get destroyed quick, and Bisping lost a controversial dec to chael... so that should say Bisping wins easy.

Post #10   2/24/12 11:14:13PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I think this fight is tough for Stann. Bisping isn't exactly the kind of guy who would stand in front of his opponent and let him hit him......ummmm, wait a minute - he did do that didn't he?

Post #11   2/25/12 1:06:07AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
this would be a great fight. both lost to chael, both love to stand. would be a really big win for stann. WAR STANN!!

Post #12   2/25/12 2:46:36AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by tmas

Posted by Bubbles

agreed.

styles make fights...stann has power thats his only chance if that fight happens, so he could win....

common opp coming to mind Chael...Stann get destroyed quick, and Bisping lost a controversial dec to chael... so that should say Bisping wins easy.

We are talking about two different animals here. Sonnen was visibly out of shape for his fight with Bisping and was in peak shape for his fight with Stann. Also, I wouldn't say that Sonnen walked right through Stann. Rewatch the fight. Sonnen got rocked several times in that fight when they were in stand-up mode. He definitely wanted ZERO to do with Stann's fists. That's why he took him down repeatedly.

Bisping isn't exactly known for taking fighters to the ground repeatedly and would likely stand and trade with Stann. Also, Sonnen is a much more powerful wrestler than most people believe. Stann has plenty of power and can be difficult for someone without Sonnen's pedigree to wrestle down. I firmly believe Stann could win this fight and likely would win this fight.

Plus, we all remember what happened last time Bisping fought someone reppin' the good old U.S. of A.

Post #13   2/25/12 4:34:03AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

We are talking about two different animals here. Sonnen was visibly out of shape for his fight with Bisping and was in peak shape for his fight with Stann. Also, I wouldn't say that Sonnen walked right through Stann. Rewatch the fight. Sonnen got rocked several times in that fight when they were in stand-up mode. He definitely wanted ZERO to do with Stann's fists. That's why he took him down repeatedly.

Bisping isn't exactly known for taking fighters to the ground repeatedly and would likely stand and trade with Stann. Also, Sonnen is a much more powerful wrestler than most people believe. Stann has plenty of power and can be difficult for someone without Sonnen's pedigree to wrestle down. I firmly believe Stann could win this fight and likely would win this fight.

Plus, we all remember what happened last time Bisping fought someone reppin' the good old U.S. of A.

Okay, while I agree with most of your post (notably the part where Stann would be a live underdog against Bisping) I strongly disagree with your spin on Stann vs. Sonnen. According to FightMetric, Stann landed two significant strikes, much less than what would constitute "[rocking] several times," against Sonnen and was outstruck altogether by more than four to one, which is further skewed if one counts only "significant strikes," which claim Sonnen outlanded Stann fourteen-to-one. Sure, Sonnen probably would have lost striking exchanges, but there were none. Although Stann defended efficiently for maybe two minutes, I do not think that warrants defining that fight as more than just a one-sided beating.

I would take Bisping against Stann, personally, because I think Stann would have trouble finding Bisping's chin. Would be an interesting fight though.

Post #14   2/25/12 5:00:09AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by lohmann
I strongly disagree with your spin on Stann vs. Sonnen. According to FightMetric, Stann landed two significant strikes, much less than what would constitute "[rocking] several times,"

Isn't several akin to two?

Post #15   2/26/12 3:54:29PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2