Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Failed Medicals Scratch Brunson vs. Jacare from Strikeforce Columbus Fight Card

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A main card middleweight match-up between Derek Brunson and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza has been nixed from the Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey fight card planned for March 3 in Columbus, Ohio.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker on Tuesday announced that Brunson has been pulled from the card due to failure to pass the medical requirements for the bout. He did not reveal the details of the failure, but indicated that it was nothing serious.

Brunson later took to his Twitter account to clarify the situation. He said that he failed Ohio’s medical requirements due to his eye examination, although it’s never been an issue for him in the past.

“Ok here’s the deal…” Brunson tweeted. “I’ve been fighting with contacts for 11 fights (9pro,2ams) never was an issue. Ohio won’t pass my eye exam.”

LINK

Post #1   2/21/12 5:29:04PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
More and More happy I'm not making the trip this year.

Post #2   2/21/12 5:56:21PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I read the story by Michael Smith when it originally broke and I have mixed feelings. I have worse vision than Brunson without contacts and I've never had problems beating ass when I had to take off my glasses before a fight, but I'm also not a competitive fighter. I see the OSAC's opinion on this, but he's been fighting for almost two years and it hasn't seemed to bother him yet.

Rules are rules though. I'd just move Jacare-Brunson to a different state on a different card. He's fought in Nevada, Illinois, Washington, Florida, Rhode Island, and North Carolina. Hell, have them fight in Texas, those guys license ANYBODY.

Either that or get LASIK.

Post #3   2/21/12 7:02:22PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:891-507
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

That would just make to much sense.

Post #4   2/21/12 7:12:33PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

That would just make to much sense.

Nik Lentz just did it. I got it done last year. Couldn't be happier with the decision, and I'm positive he could afford it easier than I could.

Sucks that he can't fight though.

Post #5   2/21/12 8:00:16PM