Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

K.J. Noons not (yet) medically cleared to fight at 'Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey'

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Lightweight K.J. Noons has yet to submit a medical clearance that will enable him to fight Josh Thomson at "Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey."

Until he does, Noons remains on a national database of fighters under medical suspension, a rep from the California State Athletic Commission today told MMAjunkie.com.

"Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey" takes place March 3 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

LINK

Post #1   2/21/12 5:24:15PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Sounds like an easy one visit to the doctor and he's cleared, unless there are complications. Not sure why he'd push it within two weeks of the fight though when he's known about it for over 2 months.

Post #2   2/21/12 11:38:15PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Chips:
Stuff like this has to be frustrating as heck to deal with on a daily basis from a promoter's standpoint.

I despise Tom Cru...KJ Noons but the dude brings it in his fights. I'm surprised this hasn't been taken care of yet.

Post #3   2/22/12 9:18:21AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Stuff like this has to be frustrating as heck to deal with on a daily basis from a promoter's standpoint.

I despise Tom Cru...KJ Noons but the dude brings it in his fights. I'm surprised this hasn't been taken care of yet.

can you explain why you despise him? I'm just curious why people dislike him but appear to enjoy his fights.

Post #4   2/22/12 6:54:17PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by emfleek

can you explain why you despise him? I'm just curious why people dislike him but appear to enjoy his fights.

Not sure of Fleek's reason, though I'm sure he'll chime in, but I've watched many Noons interviews and he comes off as very very arrogant. Love to watch him fight though.

Post #5   2/22/12 7:40:57PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:748-365
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't find him arrogant at all in his interviews.

He's the only Strikeforce guy that I'd go out of my way to watch...
Oh, and his fights aren't bad either!

Post #6   2/22/12 7:48:02PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Not sure of Fleek's reason, though I'm sure he'll chime in, but I've watched many Noons interviews and he comes off as very very arrogant. Love to watch him fight though.

Yep. It all started on an episode of Inside MMA after the 1st Diaz fight.

Post #7   2/22/12 7:55:08PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Yep. It all started on an episode of Inside MMA after the 1st Diaz fight.

I have seen him come off funky in interviews before but I have had the opportunity to interview him on 2 different occasions and he was super cool. He actually came across really humble but I could also see how he might have that "i'm super cool" "bro" vibe. He was nothing but nice in person and I had him answer some really ridiculous questions and put him on the spot several times. He handled it well and had a sense of humor.

Last edited 2/23/12 3:43PM server time by maxone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/23/12 3:28:55PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

I have seen him come off funky in interviews before but I have had the opportunity to interview him on 2 different occasions and he was super cool. He actually came across really humble but I could also see how he might have that "i'm super cool" "bro" vibe. He was nothing but nice in person and I had him answer some really ridiculous questions and put him on the spot several times. He handled it well and had a sense of humor.

I've tried reaching out to him a couple times via Twitter to see if he'd be interested in coming on MMA@Work but have never heard back from him.

Post #9   2/23/12 3:50:32PM