Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bas Boon plans to force K-1 into bankruptcy, build new kickboxing brand

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
With K-1 and its parent company FEG having been in severe financial difficulties for some time, there have been prolonged negotiations between various parties trying to buy the trademark to continue the brand. These have broadly fallen into two camps - one headed by K-1 president Mr Tanigawa and backed by a Korean investor named ‘Mr Kim’ and the other headed by Golden Glory in association with K-1 founder Mr Ishii.

Golden Glory thought it was close to taking over the K-1 brand in late 2011 but co-owner Bas Boon now claims that double-dealing and underhand tactics have put paid to that. Mr Tanigawa’s faction have retained control of the K-1 brand, but Boon contends that they are penniless and cannot meet the debts that K-1 has, nor handle the operational costs to go forward.

Excerpts from Boon's message appear below.

LINK

Post #1   2/21/12 9:37:01AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,501-1,553
Camp: country KO
Chips:
It's time... It's time.... it's SHOWTIME!

Post #2   2/21/12 2:02:15PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i know that K-1 has had a ton of financial problems, but the worst part is hearing about their fighters not getting paid or at least getting it months later. although i dont want to see K-1 disappear because of all the history they have made, i think its best that somebody restructures and/or bring in a more stable organization for the big name kick boxers.

Post #3   2/21/12 9:54:17PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
It's kind of depressing what happened with K-1 and it's ultimate fate but as long as there is a league that was just as big or bigger, then it isnt so bad. Seriously, there needs to be at least one alternative sports program thats willing to take on Kickboxing events.

Post #4   2/21/12 9:56:43PM