Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ex-Teammates Talk About Gray Maynard Leaving Xtreme Couture For AKA

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Even before his UFC 136 loss to Frankie Edgar, Gray Maynard was talking openly about his intention to leave Xtreme Couture, his long-time training camp. At the time Maynard said it was not because he was frustrated with the coaching he got in Las Vegas, but rather a desire to see other places and learn new things from other coaches.

Steve Cofield got some of Maynard's former Xtreme Couture teammates to dish the dirt about the move. Here's Frank Trigg:

"Gray just was not prepared. It was really one of those deals where a coach within his staff just would not pay attention any other coaches. He was getting really upset if any other coach tried to explain to him 'hey, this is how hard I'm going to push Gray in my session. You need to back off in your session so he can recover. [Maynard] wasn't prepared. It's ultimately up to one coach that didn't pay attention."

LINK

Post #1   2/18/12 2:46:01PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Chips:
Honestly, it's a good move for him imo

Post #2   2/18/12 3:13:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
good riddance I say

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   2/18/12 3:21:28PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,895-1,080
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I kind of liked the idea of him down at Nova Uniao. You see brazilians come up here all the time to sure up parts of their game that are lacking. I was interested to see if any of that MT+TDD style that the young guys at Nova Uniao would rub off on Gray at all.

Post #4   2/18/12 3:49:03PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Chips:
Leaving is wise IMO......he has. Gotten all he is going to get from them and its time to move on. No fighter (IMO) should stay in one camp too long....every couple of years you should move around a bit to get those other perspectives.....just be careful and have some sort of home base though so that your not a complete gypsy.

Post #5   2/18/12 3:57:33PM