Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Judge Valerie Adair Violated Several Rules of Judicial Ethics During War Machine's Sentencing Hearing

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,804-980
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Damn.

The truth is much less interesting than some dude drumming up gossip.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #16   2/16/12 3:47:22AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Now my question is how the DA even came to agree to a plea agreement with no jail time. Oh how things change when you read the facts.

Hard to tell. My guess is junior prosecutor or maybe even a student clerk handled the plea negotiation on something smallish like that. Those guys usually have a caseload a mile long. He/she probably just wanted to close the file, and bit on the did time in Cali argument rather than spend his time quibbling over it. From the script, we know that it wasn't the DA at trial that did the bargain, and we know that whoever did the bargaining didn't consult the victim about the plea.

I kind of find it interesting how the civil part of it went. Sounds like the guy filed a workers' comp claim, but the bar didn't have him covered. Not sure about Nevada, but that is one hefty-ass penalty to have an uncovered worker. From the sounds of it, the state footed the bill for the injuries and is gonna get it back from WM through restitution. The bar will most likely have to pay interest on the amount for the time that the state was without it, plus a fine from hell for not being covered when the coverage for work injuries is mandated.

Post #17   2/16/12 4:23:00AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Chips:
The judge could've judo chopped him and pee'd on him as he lay motionless on the floor and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I hope he cries himself to sleep every night in his cell thinking about how he screwed up this dude's life.

Last edited 2/16/12 8:35AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   2/16/12 8:35:37AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I believe that I said that Beck wasn't very credible to begin with and that people were fooled because it had yahoo attached to it.

Post #19   2/16/12 1:59:37PM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,944-1,713
Chips:
Fascinating. He really messed that guy up. After reading the transcript (thanks ncordless) it really wouldn't seem fair to the victim - he was never even contacted about the plea deal.

Post #20   2/16/12 3:33:52PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2