Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce's Gina Carano cast for 'In the Blood' action-thriller

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Following a starring and debut role in "Haywire," Gina Carano now has been cast for the lead film role in the upcoming action-thriller "In the Blood."

The news comes from "The Hollywood Reporter."

The new gig casts further doubt on the Strikeforce fighter's potential return to the MMA cage.

According to the report, the film, which John Stockwell will direct, begins principal photography "in late spring or early summer in Puerto Rico." That schedule all but assures Carano won't return to Strikeforce by year's end.

Carano (7-1 MMA, 1-1 SF) hasn't fought since an August 2009 title loss to Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. Soon after, famed director Steven Soderbergh cast the 29-year-old for "Haywire," which opened nationwide this past month to largely positive reviews. Many reviewers singled out Carano, who starred alongside the likes of Ewan McGregor and Michael Douglas, for her performance...

Full Story

Post #1   2/14/12 11:25:02AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Chips:
Another potential blockbuster in the making...

Post #2   2/14/12 11:25:58AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
They might as well put former strikeforce fighter

Post #3   2/14/12 12:34:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by postman

They might as well put former MMA fighter

fixed

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   2/14/12 12:49:15PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Boooooo go back to what you're actually decent at, Gina. First of all, you're not that hot sweetie, you're hot for an MMA chick but Angelina Jolie will still outsell you in fake fighting better than you can. I am happy for her that she gets this opportunity to become famous, maybe but this shows me that she's just used her nams in fighting simply to become famous, which is fine but disappointing to me as a fight fan. I used to be a really big fan of her as a fighter, but now I cant respect her as much for whoring her name to get into hollywood. And I bet you that this new movie is a lower budget film than her last movie, which sunk. And what happened to Randy Couture's movie career? those puffy ears and big cheeks didnt get him another blockbuster hit like Scorpion King 2? I'm shocked.

Post #5   2/14/12 3:46:27PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,404-801
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i'll watch it......on dvd.....when it's available for $1 in the kiosks

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #6   2/14/12 4:37:30PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
lmao "Strikeforce's Gina Carano"

They need to include that appendage so that people remember that she even has any sort of connection to MMA.

Post #7   2/14/12 5:49:26PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Chips:
The only reason she hasn't officially retired is so that she can pretend she is still a fighter. How else can she promote her movies if she isn't on the Strikeforce roster? Take that away and she is just another average looking chick who can't act very well.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I am insluted that this "news" comes up on MMA websites. The only topic pertaining to both Gina Carano and MMA lately is her pulling out of fights. This story is really better suited for E! or TMZ than Junkie or Mania.

Last edited 2/14/12 7:00PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: Outrage! Outrage I say
2 total post edits

Post #8   2/14/12 6:53:45PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I still think she's hot, I don't care if she fights or not

Post #9   2/14/12 7:32:57PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I say good for her. Everyone has their opinion on her, some negative because of her weight cutting issues but aside from that she has been pure class and I can't recall her ever saying anything negative about anyone. I like to see good people succeed and more power to her if she can make a living doing something that doesn't require getting punched in the face. She brought WMMA mainstream, she has earned the right to step away if she wants to. I can understand why people don't care to read about an inactive fighter in the headlines of MMA sites but atleast it is something positive rather than what articles about "ex" MMA fighters are usually about. Even if she only has minor success in film, it is still a positive thing for MMA because whether people like it or not she will always be linked to MMA.

Post #10   2/14/12 10:10:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Boooooo go back to what you're actually decent at, Gina. First of all, you're not that hot sweetie, you're hot for an MMA chick but Angelina Jolie will still outsell you in fake fighting better than you can. I am happy for her that she gets this opportunity to become famous, maybe but this shows me that she's just used her nams in fighting simply to become famous, which is fine but disappointing to me as a fight fan. I used to be a really big fan of her as a fighter, but now I cant respect her as much for whoring her name to get into hollywood. And I bet you that this new movie is a lower budget film than her last movie, which sunk. And what happened to Randy Couture's movie career? those puffy ears and big cheeks didnt get him another blockbuster hit like Scorpion King 2? I'm shocked.

yeah great comparison using Jolie - someone who has been doing movies for like 15 years, married to one of the biggest male celebrities (which also will forever be compared to Anniston), adopted like 6 kids, and was named the hottest chick many times before Gina became mainstream. Why don't you compare Rampage to Will Smith while you're at it? Or Couture to Stalone? Yes she is that hot. No not top 5 material but definitely much better looking than Jolie is lately.

What is wrong with her choosing a profession where she can make more money and not have to get punched in the face to do so? Yes it sucks she doesn't fight anymore, but she found something else that she wants to do for her career so why get angry at her for that?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   2/14/12 10:50:08PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
she wont miss fighting as much when she's making millions as an actress. i didnt see Haywire so i dont know what her acting abilities were like but they cant be much worse than randy's

Post #12   2/15/12 12:33:07AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Boooooo go back to what you're actually decent at, Gina. First of all, you're not that hot sweetie, you're hot for an MMA chick but Angelina Jolie will still outsell you in fake fighting better than you can.

Jolie is definitely the better actress, but Soderbergh, the person that directed Haywire, used Carano in the same way he used Sasha Grey in The Girlfriend Experience; Carano's ability to fight is natural in a way Jolie could never understand. Acting dictates a feigned realism, and Carano fighting is going to be more believable than any lifelong actress and forgo drama. She actually does it, just like Sasha Grey as a call girl seems natural, blank stares and detachment and all.

Carano is going to follow the money. Most would do the same.

Post #13   2/15/12 12:48:30AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
yeah great comparison using Jolie - someone who has been doing movies for like 15 years, married to one of the biggest male celebrities (which also will forever be compared to Anniston), adopted like 6 kids, and was named the hottest chick many times before Gina became mainstream. Why don't you compare Rampage to Will Smith while you're at it? Or Couture to Stalone? Yes she is that hot. No not top 5 material but definitely much better looking than Jolie is lately.

Carano wont last 5 years in the business. That's the point

Posted by Bubbles
What is wrong with her choosing a profession where she can make more money and not have to get punched in the face to do so? Yes it sucks she doesn't fight anymore, but she found something else that she wants to do for her career so why get angry at her for that?

I never said it wasnt ok but I'm allowed to not like it, I believe I addressed that thoroughly.

Last edited 2/15/12 1:06AM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   2/15/12 1:06:20AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Jolie is definitely the better actress, but Soderbergh, the person that directed Haywire, used Carano in the same way he used Sasha Grey in The Girlfriend Experience; Carano's ability to fight is natural in a way Jolie could never understand. Acting dictates a feigned realism, and Carano fighting is going to be more believable than any lifelong actress and forgo drama. She actually does it, just like Sasha Grey as a call girl seems natural, blank stares and detachment and all.

If movies can convince dumb people fake fighting is real then I've lost all hope in humanity.

Posted by lohmann
Carano is going to follow the money. Most would do the same.

And good riddance to her if all she did was whore her name in fighting to become a fake fighting actress.

Post #15   2/15/12 1:08:44AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2