Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

fighters who deserved 'another chance'

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Rich Clementi dudes beaten Anthony Johnson, Sam Stout, Terry Etim and Melvin Guillard!

he also has lost to a couple mid level fighters in smaller promotions, like his most recent opponent Chris Clements at the Score Fighting Series. Clementi had his back a few times, had mount and other dominant positions vs a guy who is pretty crappy off his back and couldnt finish him. he then got dropped by a backfist before getting pounded on for a TKO loss.

oh and Stout won that fight, Clementi got a gift

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Obviously he is back in the UFC now, but I couldn't ever figure out why Werdum got cut after he got KTFOd by Dos Santos. Prior to that he had won 2 straight over a very game Man-bear-pig Gonzaga, and Brandon Vera before he turned into Captain Disappointment.

I think Werdum left/got cut because of a contract dispute. Also Dos Santos was in his first UFC fight...we cant use what we know now about JDS to when he made his debut. At the time he lost of a newcomer and wasnt worth the money he was making or asking for, according to the boss

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   2/12/12 9:29:56PM   

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:
Danillo Villfefort 13-4

In his first fight in UFC, got accidental head-butt. As result, got cut over his eye and couldn't see due the blood. Misinterpretation b/w Villefort (Native of Brazil, poor English) and the Referee(didn't see the accidental head-butt) cause the fight to be over with a Doctor Stoppage.

Since being cut by the UFC, Villefort had won 4 out of 5 of his last fights. However in his last fight against Nate James. The judges reward a controversial unanimous decision to Nate James. If you watch the fight or look at any MMA website results of the fight. Clearly Villefort won the 1st and 2nd rounds. James only won the 3th round.

Thus, Villefort is truly 5 out of 5 of all his fights since being cut by the UFC. Thus, I believe should get another chance in the UFC.

Last edited 2/13/12 12:26AM server time by luckycharms
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   2/13/12 12:24:40AM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by hotrodttt

I know this probably sounds retarded, but if Kevin Randleman got with a good camp, then he'd be a tough fight for a lot of lhw's

yep... you were right the first time

Oh, I guess you never saw him fight in pride

Then you would be wrong my friend. I have been familiar with him ever since he beat Maurice Smith in his UFC debut. I know there is alot of nutthuggers around here that worship anyone who accomplished anything in Pride, but we are talking about a guy that has lost his last 4 fights (9 of his last 11). So why does this guy deserve another shot? Because he beat Cro Cop... 10 years ago?

Post #18   2/13/12 12:43:35AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
im sure we all wanna see kimbo lose some more =)

Post #19   2/13/12 3:22:35AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:706-459
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

im sure we all wanna see kimbo lose some more =)

Kimbo Slice v James Toney

Post #20   2/13/12 3:42:47AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Tamden McRory

Post #21   2/13/12 5:39:30PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
Luigi fioarvanti I just think the kids game as hell

Post #22   2/13/12 8:27:58PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I say Jeff Curran.

He's never really been "beaten" in a Zuffa promotion except by Uriah Faber. He's lost a couple of controversial decisions and some less controversial one's. But it seems like they are exclusively matching him up with wrestlers.

He'd be a really good gate keeper against strikers and other jiu jitsu guys.

Post #23   2/13/12 10:41:32PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

2 words - Paul Daley.

I came into this thread looking specifically for someone to say Daley so that I could bust out the "boo this man" .gif, but you pre-emptively protected yourself with a troll face, well played.

Post #24   2/14/12 12:10:14AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:3,704-2,159
Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by hotrodttt

I know this probably sounds retarded, but if Kevin Randleman got with a good camp, then he'd be a tough fight for a lot of lhw's

Then you would be wrong my friend. I have been familiar with him ever since he beat Maurice Smith in his UFC debut. I know there is alot of nutthuggers around here that worship anyone who accomplished anything in Pride, but we are talking about a guy that has lost his last 4 fights (9 of his last 11). So why does this guy deserve another shot? Because he beat Cro Cop... 10 years ago?

As of today, he doesn't deserve a shot, but after the pride era ended then I think he should have.

Post #25   2/14/12 1:24:42AM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Chips:
Babalu if he beats Manhoef. His only losses in the past 5 years were to Hendo and Mousasi.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   2/14/12 1:52:36AM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by hotrodttt

As of today, he doesn't deserve a shot, but after the pride era ended then I think he should have.

If he would have went on any kind of a winning streak after Pride, I might be able to see your point. Not to mention, he lost 7 of his last 8 Pride fights. Truth is he was never really that good. (4-3 UFC record, 4-7 Pride record, 0-2 Strikeforce record)

Last edited 2/14/12 2:17AM server time by tn_rebel
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #27   2/14/12 2:09:27AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Surely not all of them have been cut outright but these names came to mind.

Pedro Rizzo
Lee Murray
Genki Sudo
Hayato Sakurai
Minowaman
Kimbo
Cabbage
Babalu
Andrei Semenov
Barn Cat
Ron Waterman
Radach
Gerald Harris
Josh Thomson
Fickett
Marquardt
Beltran
Jeff Joslin
Din Thomas

Post #28   2/14/12 3:41:46AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,367-834
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Lee Murray

Hahahaha yeah a guy who's currently in hiding in Morocco for being involved in the biggest bank heist in UK history and the police have all the forensic evidence to say it was him with over £40 million of the £53 million not found.. I don't think his face will ever be seen in the UK, USA and especially not on TV again, unless it's the news or National geographic special on incredible offenders.

Dirty Blue

Post #29   2/14/12 4:13:22AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Cooler

Lee Murray

Hahahaha yeah a guy who's currently in hiding in Morocco for being involved in the biggest bank heist in UK history and the police have all the forensic evidence to say it was him with over £40 million of the £53 million not found.. I don't think his face will ever be seen in the UK, USA and especially not on TV again, unless it's the news or National geographic special on incredible offenders.

He's not in hiding, he's in prison. He's been in prison for like 6 years or something.

Post #30   2/14/12 5:09:03AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3