Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

George St. Pierre to Nick Diaz: "Don't retire"

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:2,006-1,108
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre doesn’t want Nick Diaz to walk away from MMA.

Immediately after his loss to Carlos Condit on Saturday at UFC 143, Diaz said in the Octagon that he would not fight again. St. Pierre doesn’t exactly like the outspoken welterweight, but he doesn’t think he should retire.

“As far as Diaz, of course I would like to fight him because he thinks he’s better than me,” St. Pierre told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “I think I’m better than him. But I think he should not retire. He did all of the sacrifice in his life to be where he’s at right now. He’s at the highest point of his career, and if he retires now, he’s left a lot of money on the table that could pay for all of the sacrifices he has made during all those years. I think the sport of mixed martial arts needs a guy like him.”

Check it!

Post #1   2/11/12 4:57:36PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,050-1,735
Chips:
“As far as Diaz, of course I would like to fight him because he thinks he’s better than me,” St. Pierre told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “I think I’m better than him. But I think he should not retire. He did all of the sacrifice in his life to be where he’s at right now. He’s at the highest point of his career, and if he retires now, he’s left a lot of money on the table that could pay for all of the sacrifices he has made during all those years. I think the sport of mixed martial arts needs a guy like him.”

He makes a good point. Diaz is in the prime of his career. Why waste that? I know he doesn't enjoy doing this but I also know he enjoys money and it could really help him and his family in the long run. And this will set him up with a good life when he's older. I figure he wants to be an instructor full time when it's all said and done. The money he can get from a few more years at the top of the sport will definitely make that happen.

Post #2   2/11/12 5:09:25PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,685-1,419
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I hope diaz doesn't retire either
Ufc is losing main event fighters

Diaz , lesnar, Penn , couture,

Post #3   2/11/12 5:29:32PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,715-978
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I hope diaz doesn't retire either
Ufc is losing main event fighters

Diaz , lesnar, Penn , couture,

i bet this fight happens in Vegas next 4th of July

Post #4   2/11/12 6:43:22PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:633-416
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Diaz is a hothead & I think once Dana and the UFC offer him a couple million he'll be back in a heartbeat.

Post #5   2/11/12 7:06:14PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
Has anyone thought of the fact that Nick hadn't lost in like 6 or 7 or somethin like that years up until this fight? Has anyone thought of the possibility that maybe...JUST maybe, Nick is a sore loser? His personality definitely fits the picture.

He lost and he is pissed cuz he lost and feels like he won. Listen, that fight really coulda gone either way, just look at the debates following the fight and try to argue that statement, it's about 50/50.

What he should do is take the loss, like the man and fighter that everyone knows he can be, and improve on his faults that "lost him the fight" (like every other fighter does).

Don't lose and then quit because you lost, IMO that is cowardly.

*Insert cliche forum statement* I am a fan of both Condit and Diaz, a fight I couldnt call, he is easily EASILY still top 3 WW in UFC.

Post #6   2/11/12 8:43:03PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,834-1,785
Chips:
Don't retire Homie!!

Post #7   2/11/12 10:06:58PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
The fact that he has tested positive for a banned substance makes me question whether or not his head was in it when he fought Condit. Assuming he knew he could test positive. Doesnt make sense to call St. Pierre out and say he is faking injuries and such while the whole time he knows that he could get busted for an illegal substance. The man confuses me and makes my head hurt

Post #8   2/11/12 10:11:30PM   

FR33B1RD

Banned for Cheating

FR33B1RD Avatar

Career:679-366
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by teddythetuna

The fact that he has tested positive for a banned substance makes me question whether or not his head was in it when he fought Condit. Assuming he knew he could test positive. Doesnt make sense to call St. Pierre out and say he is faking injuries and such while the whole time he knows that he could get busted for an illegal substance. The man confuses me and makes my head hurt

There is absolutely no way I am willing to belive Diaz went into this title fight well knowing he was going to get tested and lose the belt if he won. He clearly lit up a doob after he said he was going to retire and cleared his head with some friends. He'll be back and this says nothing about this fight, a lot of people think he won and even if he was high as fuck when he fought, that says a lot for his skills because marijuana isnt performance enhancing in the least.

Post #9   2/11/12 10:27:21PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by FR33B1RD
There is absolutely no way I am willing to belive Diaz went into this title fight well knowing he was going to get tested and lose the belt if he won. He clearly lit up a doob after he said he was going to retire and cleared his head with some friends. He'll be back and this says nothing about this fight, a lot of people think he won and even if he was high as fuck when he fought, that says a lot for his skills because marijuana isnt performance enhancing in the least.

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH ^

Post #10   2/11/12 10:46:14PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by teddythetuna

Did they say whether it was a pre-fight or post-fight test?

Post #11   2/12/12 8:27:29AM   

FR33B1RD

Banned for Cheating

FR33B1RD Avatar

Career:679-366
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by teddythetuna

Did they say whether it was a pre-fight or post-fight test?

No, it would just be an assumption on my part and others at best.

Do you by chance know?

Post #12   2/12/12 2:04:01PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
i dont see him retiring, but i think it will be a while until we see him in the octagon. probably close to a year. just a hunch

Post #13   2/12/12 10:53:50PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i dont see him retiring, but i think it will be a while until we see him in the octagon. probably close to a year. just a hunch

Two month old topic brought back to life!

TC, do you know if our Washington State AC allows you to piss for pot since we've legalized it here? Or do any fighters or non-fighters know if Colorado's AC cares since they're the other state where it's legal? I'm gonna have to email our AC and find out, kind of curious now.

Last edited 4/5/13 8:04AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   4/5/13 8:04:02AM