Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mauricio Rua: 'UFC has made it clear we don’t need a manager

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
With high-profile Brazilian mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters -- Jose Aldo, Junior dos Santos and Mauricio Rua -- releasing their managers such as Ed Soares and Eduardo Alonso, respectively, it is unsurprising that certain questions are beginning to surface.

What's the deal?

Though details are few and far between, one cannot fully understand what goes on between a manager and his client. Things such as negotiations, percentages owed for services and conflicts that may arise between the two --unless you are right smack in the middle of the action -- is often times unknown.

The reasons behind departures could be endless, yet explanations will probably be few. Just ask Soares, he simply received an email for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion's trainer that his services were no longer needed.

Link

Post #1   2/10/12 9:19:46AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I'm sure Shogun will be able to hold stern negotiations and push for that little bit more that managers usually push for.

Possibly the stupidest move by a professional athlete I've ever seen.

Last edited 2/10/12 9:49AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   2/10/12 9:47:51AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I'm sure Shogun will be able to hold stern negotiations and push for that little bit more that managers usually push for.

Possibly the stupidest move by a professional athlete I've ever seen.

Thats what I was thinking.

EDIT:
I take that back the biggest mistake by a pro athlete had to be Ricky Williams letting Master P work his contract

Last edited 2/10/12 10:11AM server time by postman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   2/10/12 10:00:04AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:
managers really arent needed...

Post #4   2/10/12 8:41:03PM