Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Pres Dana White Issues Nick Diaz Statement

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC president Dana White on Tuesday night believed he had put the Condit vs. Diaz rematch together, but on Thursday he found himself commenting on Diaz's failed drug.

LINK

Post #1   2/9/12 7:33:49PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:

Post #2   2/9/12 7:48:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   2/9/12 8:01:56PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He's like Bruce Campbell after the Evil Dead. It'll be more anticipated when he comes back after over a year by lovers and haters alike. Doesn't matter whether you want to see him get KTFO'd or KTFO someone, People pay for Nick Diaz.

Post #4   2/9/12 8:07:40PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

He's like Bruce Campbell after the Evil Dead. It'll be more anticipated when he comes back after over a year by lovers and haters alike. Doesn't matter whether you want to see him get KTFO'd or KTFO someone, People pay for Nick Diaz.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #5   2/9/12 8:10:57PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Love to watch Diaz fight but he needs to give his head a shake.

Post #6   2/9/12 10:07:46PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:
I love watching Nick fight, he's amazing at what he does. I remember when everyone was saying Lawler was gonna destroy him and Nick beat him at his own game and knocked him out. But I have no respect for people that have no respect for themselves. He screwed himself out of a HUGE win (at the time) against Gomi and he would have screwed himself out of a BIG fight against GSP had he beat Condit. This kid doesn't realize just how good he could be if he would just get out of his own way

I'm a smoker, so I can't fault him for smoking. But there is a time to smoke and a time to take shit seriously. I don't smoke unless all my responsibilities are taken care of. That means being sober for work, social events, family get togethers and shit like that. If I'm looking for a new job, I stop because making a living is far more important than me getting Blazed.

Post #7   2/9/12 10:22:52PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
SAMPSON!

Post #8   2/9/12 11:04:13PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,007-579
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I love watching Nick fight, he's amazing at what he does. I remember when everyone was saying Lawler was gonna destroy him and Nick beat him at his own game and knocked him out. But I have no respect for people that have no respect for themselves. He screwed himself out of a HUGE win (at the time) against Gomi and he would have screwed himself out of a BIG fight against GSP had he beat Condit. This kid doesn't realize just how good he could be if he would just get out of his own way

I'm a smoker, so I can't fault him for smoking. But there is a time to smoke and a time to take shit seriously. I don't smoke unless all my responsibilities are taken care of. That means being sober for work, social events, family get togethers and shit like that. If I'm looking for a new job, I stop because making a living is far more important than me getting Blazed.

With you on this, but I think Diaz simply may not care. I won't pretend to be a rules guru, but these are state athletic commissions, not Fed. That would imply that they don't have a unified set of rules or screening. If Diaz wanted to fight and blaze, he (Cesar) would insist to Dana he fight in only certain states/countries. Dana might be annoyed, but the ppv buys would easily outweigh any loss in revenue by holding the fight elsewhere. Diaz/Cesar didn't attempt to make this happen, so I take this more as he prefers to go out like this. Hell, idk what the athletic commissions in Canada screen for, but perhaps he was even expecting to only be tested there for the GSP fight. Then you add on all the retirement talks and announcements and to me at least, it looks more like he knew he would be busted, suspended, and face repercussions but already knew he wouldn't care if he stopped MMA.

Post #9   2/10/12 8:46:37AM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,616-1,133
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
IMO, Cut him let him try and make some money else where

Post #10   2/10/12 9:07:15AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

absolutely, but we can all agree we respect nick diaz' win over Gomi as much as Jones' win over Hamill.

Post #11   2/10/12 10:39:03AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by scpd400

IMO, Cut him let him try and make some money else where

no way they just cut him, they will prb have a lot of clauses to make sure he doesn't just go fight somewhere and make money for someone else

Post #12   2/10/12 2:23:31PM