Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nick Diaz Test Positive For Marijuana

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
one minute ago:

@arielhelwani
Ariel Helwani
NSAC announces Diaz tested positive for "marijuana metabolites, add that "a complaint for disciplinary action against Diaz has been filed."

EDIT: The Nevada Athletic Commission has confirmed that Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana at UFC 143 and will face disciplinary action, almost certainly canceling his planned rematch with Carlos Condit and throwing his future into question.

"Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites. A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed," Nevada Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer wrote in a statement distributed to the media.

LINK

Last edited 2/9/12 5:37PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   2/9/12 5:27:13PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Phew I was hoping it was him and not somebody else

Post #2   2/9/12 5:28:19PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i would have been extremely disappointed had Diaz won the right to fight GSP & blown it.

also, if he cant stay clean when i title is on the line, then he needs to stick to triathlons.

love watching him fight, but this was for a shot at gsp & he proved once again that he just doesnt care.

Last edited 2/9/12 5:32PM server time by Poor_Franklin

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #3   2/9/12 5:29:01PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
When you say you want to retire after each fight for 4 in a row and then announce it, I doubt he even tried to clean his system, and if he actually shows up before the NSAC to explain or appeal, it'll only be because Cesar wants him to. This is probably what he wanted

Post #4   2/9/12 5:36:11PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
The only things that marijuana has enhanced for me are masturbation and laziness. Still find it baffling that they call it a "performance enhancer". Not to say he shouldn't be suspended, but give me a break

Last edited 2/9/12 5:37PM server time by jay98107

Post #5   2/9/12 5:37:32PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

The only things that marijuana has enhanced for me are masturbation and laziness. Still find it baffling that they call it a "performance enhancer". Not to say he shouldn't be suspended, but give me a break

Marijuana is ILLEGAL.

/Argument

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i would have been extremely disappointed had Diaz won the right to fight GSP & blown it.

also, if he cant stay clean when i title is on the line, then he needs to stick to triathlons.

love watching him fight, but this was for a shot at gsp & he proved once again that he just doesnt care.

Agreed Poor_Franklin. Well said, sir.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Last edited 2/9/12 5:42PM server time by gartface

Post #6   2/9/12 5:39:13PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by jay98107

Marijuana is ILLEGAL.

/Argument

lol. It doesn't belong in sports, I'll say that.

Last edited 2/9/12 5:43PM server time by budgellism

Post #7   2/9/12 5:42:32PM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Chips:
Whether its performance enhancing or not he knows what a positive test will do so why risk a title shot at gsp he's either plain stupid or for all his talk he doesn't actually want to fight gsp

Post #8   2/9/12 5:43:39PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

Marijuana is ILLEGAL.

/Argument

Very true, it is illegal in sports and federally. Nick Diaz has his card, and so do I. I can legally in my state walk into a dispensary a block away and walk back with thc lollipops, fruit punch, cookies, butter, a couple grams, etc. so it may be hard for some to understand how accepted it is on the west coast. It is legal in Cali and Wa I can walk down the beach with a joint in front of a cop 5 feet away and not get a second glance. But federally, and as a professional athlete, it is iillegal, so he deserves whatever the NSAC decides, but i imagine the longer the suspension, the happier Diaz will be.

Post #9   2/9/12 5:44:39PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Whether its performance enhancing or not he knows what a positive test will do so why risk a title shot at gsp he's either plain stupid or for all his talk he doesn't actually want to fight gsp

Bingo bango bongo.

You follow the rules set forth by your employer, or suffer the consequences. This marks two times now that he's not complied.

The article says nothing about performance enhancing. Kizer didn't call it an enhancer in his short statement quoted in the article. Whether you guys feel it effects the fight or not, it's not up to us to decide. We don't make the rules. We follow the fighters who are licensed by the states' athletic commissions. Those commissions set forth the rules, not us.

Last edited 2/9/12 5:50PM server time by gartface
Edit note/reason: Misplaced apostrophe :)

Post #10   2/9/12 5:47:09PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by jay98107

Marijuana is ILLEGAL.

/Argument

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Agreed Poor_Franklin. Well said, sir.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Allow me to repeat myself: I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended. I'm just commenting on the NSACs classification of a positive marijuana test as performance enhancing.

Post #11   2/9/12 5:47:38PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:684-338
Chips:
It's a shame that everyone has been scrambling over the past few days to give him another shot.

Negotiating Condit into a rematch.
Dana setting up meetings to finalize it.
GSP even saying he would relinquish his title to fight Diaz.

And now, this...

With all the complaints about unfair treatment, he really doesn't do himself any favours here.

Too bad... would have been a good rematch.

Post #12   2/9/12 5:48:24PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jay98107

Allow me to repeat myself: I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended. I'm just commenting on the NSACs classification of a positive marijuana test as performance enhancing.

I can confirm this. Jay gets very lazy and masturbates a lot when he smokes.

Not that I'd know.

Post #13   2/9/12 5:50:23PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jay98107

I can confirm this. Jay gets very lazy and masturbates a lot when he smokes.

Not that I'd know.

You say that like it's not still standard protocol when I'm sober. The frequency is what's affected. It is performance enhancing though, because now I'm ambidextrous.

Last edited 2/9/12 5:54PM server time by jay98107

Post #14   2/9/12 5:52:25PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Chips:
Edit: Accidental post

Last edited 2/9/12 5:53PM server time by jay98107