Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dan Henderson Doesn’t Want To Wait For Jones-Evans Winner After All

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,559-1,350
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It turns out Dan Henderson doesn’t want to wait to fight the Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans winner after all.

Dana White said last week that he did, but Hendo recently told ESPN he said no such thing.

“That was never what I said or anything. I don’t know who said that, but it wasn’t me. My thoughts were I was waiting to see what happened with Rashad [Evans] and Phil Davis. That was the only thing I was going to wait for.”

LINK

Post #1   2/9/12 3:55:29PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
give him a warm up fight in Bonnar

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   2/9/12 4:39:52PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

give him a warm up fight in Bonnar

Or Bisping again

Post #3   2/9/12 4:41:31PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
A fight with Bonnar is meh......if Hendo is ready, drop Bader from UFC Japan and have Hendo vs Rampage II in Japan in honor of Pride

Post #4   2/9/12 4:44:15PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,603-874
Chips:
The question is not whether or not Henderson wants to fight, but whether or not he will accept any fight the Zuffa brass throws his way.

“Obviously you can’t guarantee that nobody gets hurt. I don’t know what the plan is, but I’d fight whoever it is they think would be a good match-up. The problem is there’s really nobody right now who fits the bill for a title contention fight, that would make sense to fight me. I don’t know. Maybe I’d fight at a different weight class. I don’t know if they see anybody at heavyweight that would make sense? But I would prefer to fight someone in April or May.

Is there anybody on the roster that the UFC could argue to Henderson he needs to fight to stay at the top of the contenders' list before April or May? I really doubt it.

Last edited 2/9/12 4:46PM server time by lohmann
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #5   2/9/12 4:44:52PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
he is right though about the LHW title picture. Thiago Silva may be the next contender after Hendo after a couple wins. Phil Davis is still up there. Forrest Griffin is always 3 wins from title contention

if Big Nogs arm didnt break, I would love to see a rubber match between the two as a HW fight. other fights I can come up with at HW are guys like Mitrione, Herman/Struve winner, Griggs/Browne winner, but I doubt those have any name value to Hendo

I wont think about MW as Hendo doesnt want to make the cut unless its vs Anderson

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   2/9/12 5:03:42PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Chips:
The only fight that'd make any sense at all, rather than waiting, would be a Hendo/Rampage rematch if Rampage gets by Bader. That's really it.

Post #7   2/9/12 5:21:09PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I say set up Henderson vs Machida for the #1 contender spot, winner gets winner of Jones/Evans

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #8   2/9/12 5:55:31PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Chips:
Machida has lost 3 of 4, I don't doubt his skills at all, but he needs a warm-up fight, confidence booster if you want to call it that. Not a Dan Henderson. Hendo with a better than average shot of making it 4 of 5 losses for Machida would be detrimental to his career and I'd never let the fight happen if I was his agent. Just my opinion.

Post #9   2/9/12 5:59:54PM   

lohmann

lohmann Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

The only fight that'd make any sense at all, rather than waiting, would be a Hendo/Rampage rematch if Rampage gets by Bader. That's really it.

That seems to be the only fight for Henderson that makes sense at the moment with the possibility of a Shogun rematch notwithstanding. Either one would sell 600k or 700k pay-per-views.

The one caveat is that very few will be clamoring for a Rampage vs. Jones rematch if Rampage pulls off the win, and with the thinned ranks at light heavyweight the UFC might be forced to cobble together a lackluster title fight in their most star-studded division.

Post #10   2/9/12 6:06:56PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,864-1,269
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
Hendo needs to work his way up like the rest. Give him the Dragon or a fight with Davis first. He shouldn't just get a title shot.

Post #11   2/9/12 6:19:16PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hendo vs Gustafsson/LilNog winner?

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #12   2/9/12 6:37:35PM   

lohmann

lohmann Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TheCatFather

Hendo needs to work his way up like the rest. Give him the Dragon or a fight with Davis first. He shouldn't just get a title shot.

Work his way up? Isn't he already at the top?

Post #13   2/9/12 6:44:26PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hendo vs Gustafsson/LilNog winner?

Great idea, P_F!

That fight is happening right around the same time Jones-Evans is though, so if he were to wait for the winner of Nog-Mauler, he may as well wait for the title fight....

I have being campaigning for Hendo-Thiago Silva, but with Pokrajac (spelling?) getting Thiago, I guess that option is out. Silva is a step down from Shogun as well, so I guess that fight doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Are the pickins' really this slim at LHW these days, or is it just the time frame/contender factor coming in to play?

Post #14   2/9/12 8:46:03PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Are the pickins' really this slim at LHW these days, or is it just the time frame/contender factor coming in to play?

Rampage is fighting Bader in a couple weeks
Hendo just beat Shogun
Machida needs to string some wins together to get back to the top
Lil Nog/Gustafsson are tied up
Forrest probably fighting Ortiz
Thiago Silva is no where near the top atm after a year suspension

Phil Davis is probably the only realistic option. Rampage/Bader winner could also be possible

Post #15   2/9/12 9:15:48PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2