Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Welterweight Champ Carlos Condit to Visit Eglin Air Force Base March 2-3

Print  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Press Release From Condit's Agent I Received

UFC Interim Welterweight Champion “The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit will visit Eglin Air Force Base in Florida March 2-3 to meet with many of the brave men and women serving the U.S. military domestically and internationally.

The trip will be sponsored by Military Debt Management Agency, a non-profit charitable organization which assists military personnel in obtaining previously denied security clearances as well as personal budget counseling, credit education, and affordable debt management programs to active duty and retired military personnel.

“It’s an honor to be able to meet with the our country’s military personnel. They do so much for our country and protect our freedoms. I am excited to visit Eglin Air Force Base to be able to shake the hands of the troops and thank them,” Condit said. During the two-day trip, Condit will sign autographs and take pictures for military personnel, conduct a question and answer session and also teach a one-hour self-defense seminar for military wives.

Condit, who trains in his hometown of Albuquerque, N.M. at Jackson’s MMA, is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Nick Diaz in UFC 143, which earned him the Interim Welterweight title. He holds a career 28-5 professional record (5-1 UFC), has won his last five fights and 13 of his last 14 bouts overall. Three of his last four victories have ended via KO/TKO.

Post #1   2/9/12 3:40:18PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Natural Born Killer

I have a friend that is currently serving at Eglin Air Force base. I hope she gets to meet him. NBK seems like a cool guy and I'm sure the troops will enjoy hanging out with him.

Thanks for sharing BSB.

Last edited 2/11/12 3:33PM server time by Adrenaline
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/11/12 3:32:50PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
it's so strange to see "UFC Welterweight Champ" attached to any name that isn't Georges St.Pierre.

Post #3   2/14/12 5:42:50PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aether

it's so strange to see "UFC Welterweight Champ" attached to any name that isn't Georges St.Pierre.

Agreed. And I like it!

Post #4   2/15/12 8:21:54AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That's cool that he's getting out there for our troops. If he circles the base he can probably meet everyone stationed there.

Is Condit the first fighter to hold 2 belts in the same division in 2 different Zuffa owned companies? Congrats to Carlos if he is.

Post #5   2/15/12 5:24:19PM