Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Keith Kizer taking suggestions for the improvement of MMA regulation

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Mixed Martial Arts rests on a vast system of regulation that is nearly invisible to the average fan. Unlike all other sports in North America, combat sport, notably MMA and professional boxing, are regulated by the government, at the State, Provincial, Tribal, and Municipal levels.

One of the most influential and respected regulators in the world is the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Keith Kizer, and he wants to know what changes you would like to see in Mixed Martial Arts.

You can email him at kkizer@boxing.nv.gov. In addition, he is holding an open meeting to solicit public suggestions at 9:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday, Feb. 22, at the Grant Sawyer State Office Building in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The official statement calls for a meeting "to solicit comments from interested persons on any matter related to contests or exhibitions of unarmed combat, or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the NSAC."

LINK

Post #1   2/9/12 9:07:36AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
this is about 3 years too late

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   2/9/12 11:01:16AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,298-1,373
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
better now then never!..and this time Kizer, please actually do something bout it..

Post #3   2/9/12 12:10:26PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Chips:
Well more judges like Ricardo Almeida, who's judging fights in NJ would be gigantic start.

Post #4   2/9/12 12:22:12PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Well more judges like Ricardo Almeida, who's judging fights in NJ would be gigantic start.

And Chris Bowen AKA Bowen50. I'll be emailing Keith for sure.

Post #5   2/9/12 12:33:57PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
I think it would be easier to get MMA approved in all states if elbows to downed opponents were illegal. These elbows are usually the cause of most cuts that produce large amounts of blood which may turn off the casual fan.

Post #6   2/9/12 12:45:23PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Kpro

And Chris Bowen AKA Bowen50. I'll be emailing Keith for sure.

I forgot about that guy.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   2/9/12 12:59:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BigIP

I think it would be easier to get MMA approved in all states if elbows to downed opponents were illegal. These elbows are usually the cause of most cuts that produce large amounts of blood which may turn off the casual fan.

they are watching a combat sport, blood is going to happen elbows or not. blood isnt going to turn off the casual fan - the concept of the sport already has its share of detractors.

Post #8   2/9/12 1:01:59PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BigIP

I'll trade elbows on the ground for knees on the ground. Keep elbows legal standing though, but allow them to get hit with a knee on the ground so they can't just put a finger down to avoid a horyuken knee to their chin, and they'd actually have to work harder to improve their position. 3 point stance shouldn't be a `safe` position in MMA. But I agree, elbows causing cuts that end fights prematurely happen almost always on the mat.

Last edited 2/9/12 1:04PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   2/9/12 1:03:07PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BigIP

I'll trade elbows on the ground for knees on the ground. Keep elbows legal standing though, but allow them to get hit with a knee on the ground so they can't just put a finger down to avoid a horyuken knee to their chin, and they'd actually have to work harder to improve their position. 3 point stance shouldn't be a `safe` position in MMA. But I agree, elbows causing cuts that end fights prematurely happen almost always on the mat.

I could be misinterpreting but when you are talking about removing elbows to downed opponents, does that include GnP elbows? If so that would severely hinder a lot of wrestlers on the ground. As for the 3 point nonsense for knees I completely agree, Herb Dean is the only one I've seen reprimand anyone for as he put it "playing the game" with that finger touching the ground to avoid knees.

Post #10   2/9/12 1:35:32PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

How many states are left? No need to go changing your rules to wrap up the last few IMO. Elbows are part of the fight. Next thing you know guys will be getting a point taken for a cross face. I hate the idea of taking one man’s weapon away why not take chokes away it can be pretty disturbing to see someone take an involuntary nap. How about the guy that breaks his hand mid fight maybe he keeps fighting but just turns to elbows instead of punches ala Faber. Take Elbows away and he might as well just quit the fight. I just want to see fighters have all the weapons they can. More ways to win makes for exciting fights.

Post #11   2/9/12 2:48:39PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I could be misinterpreting but when you are talking about removing elbows to downed opponents, does that include GnP elbows? If so that would severely hinder a lot of wrestlers on the ground. As for the 3 point nonsense for knees I completely agree, Herb Dean is the only one I've seen reprimand anyone for as he put it "playing the game" with that finger touching the ground to avoid knees.

I agree for sure, it would hinder some wrestlers and help some jitz players since the wrestlers would have to posture higher, at least until everyone becomes more well-rounded in the coming years. Just in the context of getting sanctioned in states like NY as the person before me said is more-so what I was referring to. I have no knowledge of the politics of the NY/MMA situation but I agree that elbows on the ground being legal could possibly be a NY hold-up. I personally think NY needs MMA a lot more than MMA needs NY though so that change wouldn't be necessary even if it was a hold-up.

Post #12   2/9/12 4:36:08PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by BigIP

How many states are left? No need to go changing your rules to wrap up the last few IMO. Elbows are part of the fight. Next thing you know guys will be getting a point taken for a cross face. I hate the idea of taking one man’s weapon away why not take chokes away it can be pretty disturbing to see someone take an involuntary nap. How about the guy that breaks his hand mid fight maybe he keeps fighting but just turns to elbows instead of punches ala Faber. Take Elbows away and he might as well just quit the fight. I just want to see fighters have all the weapons they can. More ways to win makes for exciting fights.

Faber was throwing standing elbows which would be allowed. I'm referring to elbows to a downed opponent.

Post #13   2/9/12 10:07:39PM