Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz II already a no-go, says Cesar Gracie

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
since he already signed a multi fight, multi year deal.....I doubt it
if they try to hold out, they will just cut him and if they want, sue him for the remainder.

guys who demand more from Zuffa usually get the boot.

Last edited 2/8/12 5:52PM server time by beer
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   2/8/12 5:51:26PM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,010-590
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Dberntson

Diaz and Gracie must have finally rewatched the fight for the first time and came to the realization that they indeed actually lost the fight.

I have figured out the reason!

Based on the above quote, I have come to the conclusion that Dberntson has apparently smoked weed with Diaz and he wouldn't pass a drug test.

It was purely for medical reasons. We have perscriptions.

Post #32   2/8/12 5:52:16PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 34-44

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,363-876
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

Diaz and Gracie must have finally rewatched the fight for the first time and came to the realization that they indeed actually lost the fight.

Super agree.

Post #33   2/8/12 5:59:42PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:
truthfully, here's what I think.

GSP gives up WW title, Diaz vs GSP when GSP returns

Condit vs Ellenberger if he wins against Sanchez,

or possibly Ellenberger vs Kos
or Ellenberger vs Hendricks
(maybe throw Macdonald in the mix somehow?)

to face Condit for the Belt

GSP runs through Diaz and faces whoever is champ.

GSP regains title.

it has to be something like this because Nicks whole contract was structured around keeping him from boxing, and him fighting GSP. so GSP vs Diaz HAS to happen. somehow, some way.

Last edited 2/8/12 6:56PM server time by beer
3 total post edits

Post #34   2/8/12 6:52:51PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I posted this same thing in a topic in the UFC forum but it applies to this thread more than that one:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was because Nick loves competing in Triathlons much more than MMA. He has competed in 8 events per year the last 3 years all in the 6 months between March-September, and now he's sponsored and being paid to do it. If the decision had gone his way he'd get the Triathlon season off to compete and face GSP after it's over post-September, since it didn't go his way, a rematch would cut right into his Triathlon season. He's probably preparing for one next month as we speak. He placed 1st among 25-29 year olds at the 2011 XTERRA Lake Tahoe Triathlon (1 mile swim, 22 mile bike, 6 mile run in 3 1/2 hours) so he's no slouch in that sport by any means and it's a 6 month season, MMA is year round. It might not sound smart to us as MMA fans but you gotta do what makes you happy.

Nick Diaz - Delta Velo Race Team

Post #35   2/8/12 7:01:41PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I posted this same thing in a topic in the UFC forum but it applies to this thread more than that one:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was because Nick loves competing in Triathlons much more than MMA. He has competed in 8 events per year the last 3 years all in the 6 months between March-September, and now he's sponsored and being paid to do it. If the decision had gone his way he'd get the Triathlon season off to compete and face GSP after it's over post-September, since it didn't go his way, a rematch would cut right into his Triathlon season. He's probably preparing for one next month as we speak. He placed 1st among 25-29 year olds at the 2011 XTERRA Lake Tahoe Triathlon (1 mile swim, 22 mile bike, 6 mile run in 3 1/2 hours) so he's no slouch in that sport by any means and it's a 6 month season, MMA is year round. It might not sound smart to us as MMA fans but you gotta do what makes you happy.

Nick Diaz - Delta Velo Race Team

this.

as well as GSP saying he would give up the belt to fight Diaz

GSP return= late October/November
Diaz time off -late september

Ellenberger is on a tear, Hendricks still has no fights booked.

Last edited 2/8/12 7:07PM server time by beer

Post #36   2/8/12 7:06:50PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
good then he loses again to condit. I have a feeling the 2nd fight will look like the 2nd Penn/Edgar fight. Condit knows haw to beat Diaz and will be way more confident in this game plan. So then that would be 1-2 with a 2 fight losing streak. then GSP gives up the title smashes Diaz and after Diaz is cut with a 1-3 return record to the ufc.

all hypothetical

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #37   2/8/12 7:45:52PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:
Sources have indicated that Diaz did indeed fail a whiz quiz again. It's not expected to be announced by his camp. It's expected that the official statement will come from the NSAC.

Post #38   2/8/12 8:19:55PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,424-810
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Sources have indicated that Diaz did indeed fail a whiz quiz again. It's not expected to be announced by his camp. It's expected that the official statement will come from the NSAC.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #39   2/8/12 9:13:25PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,409-867
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Wha?! Damn. Whats the source? Wonder how Dana's gonna publicly react to this.

Post #40   2/8/12 9:30:15PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by emfleek

Wha?! Damn. Whats the source? Wonder how Dana's gonna publicly react to this.

It was broken by a Twitter user that, coincidentally, broke the news that the fight was going to occur in the first place.

Post #41   2/8/12 9:45:47PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
oh the reliability of twitter

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #42   2/8/12 11:33:44PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I know it's just a rumor but it wouldn't surprise me. I watch all of the Diaz interviews and he's said he wanted to retire 2 fights before Penn, then he said he wanted to retire before the Penn fight, then he said he wanted to retire after the Penn fight, then he announced he was retiring after the Condit fight. I really doubt he cares if he fails a piss test with hinting at retirement for 4 fights now and then announcing it.

Post #43   2/8/12 11:46:52PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

I know it's just a rumor but it wouldn't surprise me. I watch all of the Diaz interviews and he's said he wanted to retire 2 fights before Penn, then he said he wanted to retire before the Penn fight, then he said he wanted to retire after the Penn fight, then he announced he was retiring after the Condit fight. I really doubt he cares if he fails a piss test with hinting at retirement for 4 fights now and then announcing it.

Diaz has always seemed to me as the type that is motivated to constantly fight but is alienated from the sport because of every other aspect of MMA, from the media blitzes to the pressers to the internet illuminati's sensationalism. One day all the promotional business that goes into the sport he probably loves to do will override his desire to fight.

So he will smoke weed freely.

Post #44   2/9/12 12:06:58AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,546-1,579
Camp: country KO
Chips:
told ya.

Post #45   2/9/12 12:08:57AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4