Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rousey: Not a bit sorry to be breaking girl's arms

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,276-1,203
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
On Sunday, Jeff Sherwood, the father of MMA journalism, interviewed Ronda Rousey at the LA Fitness Expo. Rousey possesses a combination of skill, looks, and wit that, were she male, would make her the transcending figure that pundits believe MMA needs in order to break through fully to the mainstream.

Maybe she is anyway. Maybe Ronda Rousey is on her to becoming the face of MMA.

The interview was wide ranging, compelling, and as real as it gets.

Rousey on Cris Cyborg

"She was a detriment to women's MMA. No little girl is going to watch Cris Cyborg fight and want to be like her one day. I don't think it's a good example. I think it was obvious all along that she was doping, and I think it sends a bad message to kids that you need to dope in order to be achampion. I think it's better with her gone."

On Miesha Tate saying she talked her way into a title shot

"There's a reason why the Olympics is every four years. It's because if they had it every year, they would go bankrupt. The Olympics is the epitome of sport and that's where it's all just about the sport. But with professional sports it's about entertainment. It's about making money. The core of everything is still about the sport, but that's not everything it's about. It's hilarious when these girls are ‘you talked yourself into a title shot!' What you're really saying in a mean way is that I'm smarter than all of you, and I actually have an understanding of how this works and used it to my advantage."

LINK

Post #1   2/8/12 10:34:04AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
"The Olympics didn't give a damn about me after I was done. And I gotta do what I gotta do to make a living. If I gotta pose for some magazines...I'm not gonna show my nipples or a------ or anything like that but if I gotta walk around at the beach in a bikini, why not let someone take a picture of me and put it in a magazine?"

bikini shots are nice, but if she really wants to be noticed, she needs to show us some TNA

what she says about the Olympics though doesn't surprise me

Last edited 2/8/12 11:04AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   2/8/12 11:01:19AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
yeah, show some nips, THEN you'd be smarter then all of them.

Post #3   2/8/12 12:33:35PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles
a------

Counting the number of dashes...I'm not sure what kind of magazine would be showing just that. Well any kind of popular magazine that is.

Post #4   2/8/12 12:45:04PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by Bubbles
a------

Counting the number of dashes...I'm not sure what kind of magazine would be showing just that. Well any kind of popular magazine that is.

Animals? I have a few subscipt...wait a minute. I mean, me either.

Post #5   2/8/12 12:52:38PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
analsex

Post #6   2/8/12 12:55:05PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,177
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yup

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/8/12 3:34PM server time by prophecy033

Post #7   2/8/12 3:34:08PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I still feel that Kaufman is more deserving, but what do I know.

Post #8   2/8/12 3:44:10PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

She's absolutely more deserving but she doesn't sell.

Post #9   2/8/12 4:02:22PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Being fair to the subject matter, Women's MMA doesn't really sell at this juncture. I'm disappointed in that, but it's reality. This match is being marketed in the sickest possible way that you could market a match-up. Even Rogan said "this could be the hottest women's match-up in the history of the sport" at UFC 143.

Just like MMA, WMMA should be about talent and deserving. Kaufman is plenty attractive in her own right.

Last edited 2/8/12 4:19PM server time by blueskiesburn

Post #10   2/8/12 4:17:55PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Being fair to the subject matter, Women's MMA doesn't really sell at this juncture. I'm disappointed in that, but it's reality. This match is being marketed in the sickest possible way that you could market a match-up. Even Rogan said "this could be the hottest women's match-up in the history of the sport" at UFC 143.

Just like MMA, WMMA should be about talent and deserving. Kaufman is plenty attractive in her own right.

In a perfect world, you're 100% correct. However, our society has proven time and time again that sex trumps all when it comes to promoting women. I'm not saying it's right but it's true.

Post #11   2/8/12 4:21:02PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

In a perfect world, you're 100% correct. However, our society has proven time and time again that sex trumps all when it comes to promoting women. I'm not saying it's right but it's true.

I cannot disagree with anything you've said. It's the sad reality.

Post #12   2/8/12 4:23:41PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I generally agree, but it is not like we have not seen this same kind of thing in male mma. Rousey is just as qualified for a shot at the title as Lesnar was. I think it fine to want women's mma to be as fair and meritocratic as possible, but we shouldn't hold it to a higher standard than we do men's mma.

Also, I think sometimes "talent" and "deserving" don't always lead in the same direction. There is little doubt that Kaufman is more deserving. But there is also little doubt that Rousey is more talented.

In the end, it will be a lot like the way it was with Lesnar. In a way, the proof is in the pudding. If Rousey armbars Tate in the 1st, it will be obvious that the match was the right one to make. If she starts doing cartwheels across the cage the first time she gets punched in the face, then it will be obvious that it was not hte right match to make.

Also

Post #13   2/8/12 4:26:36PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

I generally agree, but it is not like we have not seen this same kind of thing in male mma. Rousey is just as qualified for a shot at the title as Lesnar was. I think it fine to want women's mma to be as fair and meritocratic as possible, but we shouldn't hold it to a higher standard than we do men's mma.

Also, I think sometimes "talent" and "deserving" don't always lead in the same direction. There is little doubt that Kaufman is more deserving. But there is also little doubt that Rousey is more talented.

In the end, it will be a lot like the way it was with Lesnar. In a way, the proof is in the pudding. If Rousey armbars Tate in the 1st, it will be obvious that the match was the right one to make. If she starts doing cartwheels across the cage the first time she gets punched in the face, then it will be obvious that it was not hte right match to make.

Also

I think your comparison is a bit of a stretch. Lesnar had a tough fight with Frank Mir before earning a shot at Couture. Also, Lesnar really participated in a tournament of sorts. After Mir, he fought Herring to earn a shot at Couture. With Mir and Nog already set to face one another, there weren't a lot of HW options for Randy. Randy fought Brock and then Brock still had to defeat Mir to become the undisputed HW Champion.

Rousey has 4 scrubs to her name and will be the undisputed champion if she beats Tate. Tate could dominate that fight for 4 1/2 minutes and lose by armbar after a freak scramble. Rousey will claim it was all skill.

Meanwhile, Kaufman is 14-1 with her only loss coming to Marloes. She has actually defeated Tate, is the former champ, and defeated the last girl to take it to Marloes. (The last 2 girls really. Carmouche was handling business)

The HW division did not really have a Kaufman waiting around when they by-passed everyone to give Brock the shot after the Herring fight. Not to mention that Brock still had to defeat 2 huge names to be called the undisputed champion.

I see what you're saying, but the circumstances are vastly different. Kaufman is getting screwed. Plain and simple.

Last edited 2/8/12 4:37PM server time by blueskiesburn

Post #14   2/8/12 4:36:38PM