Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Donald Cerrone vs. Yves Edwards added to May's UFC on FX 3 event

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,730-1,561
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Budgellism

Nice rebound fight for Cerrone. I hope he learned something from the Diaz fight.

Possibly, but I think he lost that Diaz fight because he let emotions get the best of him so instead of fighting the smart fight, he played Diaz' game. I think he will be able to outsrike Edwards handily and tko him if it hits the ground, so his emotions will doubtfully play a role in this.

That's exactly what I'm saying though. I hope he learns to fight his game plan instead of getting sucked into fighting other fighters game plans. I don't think Edwards will do that to him but I'm sure other fighters saw the Diaz fight and will see Cerrone's main weakness is that he's a hot head.

Post #16   2/8/12 12:07:13PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,013-583
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Budgellism

Nice rebound fight for Cerrone. I hope he learned something from the Diaz fight.

Possibly, but I think he lost that Diaz fight because he let emotions get the best of him so instead of fighting the smart fight, he played Diaz' game. I think he will be able to outsrike Edwards handily and tko him if it hits the ground, so his emotions will doubtfully play a role in this.

That's exactly what I'm saying though. I hope he learns to fight his game plan instead of getting sucked into fighting other fighters game plans. I don't think Edwards will do that to him but I'm sure other fighters saw the Diaz fight and will see Cerrone's main weakness is that he's a hot head.

I dig. I need to rewatch, but I seem to remember him more than wobbling Diaz' lead leg and tripped him up a few times. Had he followed him to the ground it would have counted as a take down, which probably would have won him the fight had he decided to fight for points. If Edwards hits the ground he absolutely has to follow him if it's close, but like I said earlier I think he will already be able to outstrike Edwards so it's his fight to lose. Cerrone will definitely rebound.

Post #17   2/8/12 1:41:30PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Holy hell these are some badass scraps on this card! I love yves and will root hard for him! Should be good for as long as it lasts!

Post #18   2/8/12 3:42:44PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yves is still a great counter grappler at this point in his career. So i think this will pla out on the feet.

Yves has a reach advantage over Cerrone, which will be the second time in Donalds career that he's fought someone longer than him. I think it will be competitive on the feet as Yves is fast as hell and has good head movement, but it seems as though Yves is getting hit harder and harder as he gets older. I think it's a close match, but a few years ago i would have taken Yves without hesitation.

Post #19   2/8/12 4:37:29PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2