Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Condit Accepts Rematch with Diaz

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

its lose/lose really.
people complain that leg kicks arent taken into affect while scoring
then when they are, people are up in arms.

I dont recall this ever happening. if it is the Shogun/Machida fight, well we can throw out what Cecil Peoples has to say about it - ironically enough he scored the fight for Condit even though "leg kicks dont finish fights." Machida did win the effective grappling in the first 3 rounds as he stuffed all of Shoguns TDs. this fight is much closer than what happened on Saturday night imo. I wont divulge in it right now as it deserves its own thread

Diaz could have checked every one of those leg kicks, even half, rendering them ineffective and won the fight based on that. Instead he chose to walk right into them GIVING Carlos the fight. Whether they hurt him or not, he CHOSE to take them, and was out pointed for doing so. People need to realize this.

you cant blame the judges, Carlos, or Jacksons game plan
Diaz should have realized this and changed his game half way through

yes he was outpointed, but I dont believe each kick should count towards "effective striking" when they werent really effective. like i said before punches to the face > leg kicks...Diaz landed more head shots in that fight

yes we can fault the judges, especially when Diego beats Kampmann or pretty much all of Garcia's recent wins were similar to Diaz's game...yet Diaz did more to win that fight than the other 2 did. I used to be a fulltime Jackson defender, but now not so much. I will agree though that Diaz should have changed his gameplan, but how is he (or his corner) to know he is losing the fight? As you can tell there is a great number of people who feel that the fight was tied, or even had Diaz winning going into round 5. Past precedence says he was winning (or at least tied) after 4 rounds. This is a prime example of where judges scorecards should be known between rounds. Had Diaz known he was down entering the 5th, I am pretty sure he would have done more with the back mount

Last edited 2/8/12 10:55AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #46   2/8/12 10:54:21AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:917-519
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

so what have we learned, run from a fight and win..cry and you get a rematch =), i bet this will be on fox

I highly doubt this would be on Fox, with all the buzz from the last weekend's fight, it is just generating more and more interest, creating more ppv buys. Plus you don't need Diaz acting like that on national tv, or worse another Nashville Brawl to break out if he lost again.

I bet Dana had a nice talk with Condit, and started to throw some nice numbers at him, to have him quickly change his mind, what else would have him change your mind so quick?

Post #47   2/8/12 10:55:12AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

This is a prime example of where judges scorecards should be known between rounds.

absolutely

Post #48   2/8/12 11:02:33AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

Posted by Bubbles

This is a prime example of where judges scorecards should be known between rounds.

absolutely

Yeah, they did it in boxing for a while every 3 rounds. To know where you're at after the 3rd round ends in a 5 round title match would be great to know. It would've been announced Condit 29-28, 29-28, 29-28 and Diaz having thought he won the first two, as did I (and maybe as did Condit as he didn't say which two he thought Diaz won but it must've been 1/2 or 2/5), we may have seen a different final 10 minutes from both fighters.

Post #49   2/8/12 11:10:07AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,479-920
Chips:
Poor Condit - dude does his job extremely well and just gets pushed around nonstop lately. He's like the unwanted stepchild of the WW elite. Hope they're paying him big time.

Post #50   2/8/12 11:11:01AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Poor Condit - dude does his job extremely well and just gets pushed around nonstop lately. He's like the unwanted stepchild of the WW elite. Hope they're paying him big time.

Agreed 100%.

Post #51   2/8/12 11:14:35AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Props for condit even though his back was to the wall
This could happen in May Vegas. Or July.

or June. or August.

Post #52   2/8/12 11:43:02AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by KungFuMaster

Before anyone jumps on me, I like to make myself clear.

First and foremost, I feel if Condit is to defend the title against anyone other than GSP, Condit and his opponent should be fighting for the official welter weight title and not the interim title.

Secondly, Condit is a warrior for accepting this rematch with Diaz.

And finally, I feel Condit has worked hard to be where he is right now. He was screwed out of a title fight against GSP before and I don't want him to screw himself again. I truly feel he is heroic but very foolish for taking this rematch against Diaz.

agreed..but Condit is a smart fighter and has always been..rematch goes to Condit again..

I think Condit can win again by employing a similar strategy. He should utilize the cage to move in and out but this time he needs to run less. If he can engage more and run less while still employing a similar strategy of hit and run, he can very well win again.

Diaz, on the other hand, will definitely pressure more aggressively and look for take downs.

This fight should be more entertaining than the first as both fighters do not want this to go to the judges score card again.

Post #53   2/8/12 11:48:24AM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,662-1,167
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
Makes me think that it's all about the money. It was a good fight and I thought Condit won a close one. I want to see GSP fight and I think if Diaz and Condit fight again then GSP will have to fight someone before he fights one of these 2. Bad move Condit I hope you don't take the fight

Post #54   2/8/12 12:00:23PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,545-881
Chips:

Posted by scpd400

Makes me think that it's all about the money. It was a good fight and I thought Condit won a close one. I want to see GSP fight and I think if Diaz and Condit fight again then GSP will have to fight someone before he fights one of these 2. Bad move Condit I hope you don't take the fight

gsp said he expects to return in november. this fight makes perfect sense

Post #55   2/8/12 12:02:05PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by scpd400

gsp said he expects to return in november. this fight makes perfect sense

yea i except him back by nov but dana and gsp have both said that if they keep up the progression, and june or july return could happen, but i don't see that happening.

Post #56   2/8/12 1:26:40PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
There's a non-confirmed breaking news story (from FrontRowBrian) circulating on Twitter that says Condit/Diaz II is *not* happening. Apparently there's an issue that came up in the Diaz camp and he won't be able to fight. Condit's gonna be in Vegas on Friday to finalize the GSP fight.

UNCONFIRMED. Take it for what it's worth.

Post #57   2/8/12 1:29:11PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,054-613
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

There's a non-confirmed breaking news story (from FrontRowBrian) circulating on Twitter that says Condit/Diaz II is *not* happening. Apparently there's an issue that came up in the Diaz camp and he won't be able to fight. Condit's gonna be in Vegas on Friday to finalize the GSP fight.

Post #58   2/8/12 1:38:26PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,613
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

That's what I get for posting a news story from the underground.

Last edited 2/8/12 1:46PM server time by jay98107
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #59   2/8/12 1:46:38PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
issue =Diaz is retired lol

Post #60   2/8/12 1:48:54PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5