Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Carlos Condit vs GSP

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

@ last 2 posts...and pmoney

there are only a select few fighters out there to like to get hit in the face repeatedly...and also take note of where they are in the rankings. Guys like Stout and Leben will never get near a title shot and that is why GSP is a long reigning champion.

Getting hit behind the ear IS NOT his jaw. Get that through your head. Jonathan Goulet and Keith Jardine have glass jaws, St Pierre does not. Serra clipped him BEHIND THE EAR, you know the same spot that dropped Machida (Shogun) and Franklin (Belfort), among numerous others, were dropped...so under your line of thinking they have weak chins too right? Serra followed up and finished him, just like virtually every other fighter who has rocked and finished his opponent. GSP had an off fight FIVE YEARS AGO and has not lost since and has fought smarter. yeah his last 2 fights havent been the most exciting, but at the end of the day he is the champion.

Maybe GSP hasnt been hit that much because he is that good at defensive striking and implements his gameplan a lot more effectively and quickly than his opponent? Kind of like Anderson Silva...or does he have a glass chin too because he prefers not to get hit in the face?

Hate him for his style of fighting, thats fine, but if you are going to put him down, at least get your arguments straight.

-I, nor anyone else said GSP had to get hit in the face repeatedly.

-Sure its not the jaw, thats why I went out of my way to mention stun recovery.

-I already praised GSP's defense.

-Never said I hated him, its why I went out of the way to say I dont wanna bash GSP.

Post #16   2/10/12 2:50:21PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

GSP knows he has a glass jaw, which explains "The King of Decisions" style over the past years. If Condit wants to stay on the outside, score points and avoid a fight, he is in for a rude awakening because there is no one better at that than GSP.

Condit needs a flying knee to KO GSP, otherwise it's another UD for "Rush". (kind of ironic nickname these days)

GSP has a glass jaw?

Yeah, that raised an eyebrow with me as well.

Please tell me it's not because he got clipped by Serra, pmoney. 24 fights and finished once by strikes. I don't get it. How does that equal a glass jaw?

C'mon you guys. I don't like to bash GSP but the one time he was tested in the stand up and rocked, he crumpled like a wet napkin, couldnt recover at all from shots from a guy who had never tko'd anyone in his career. He then proceeds to fight not to lose for the rest of his career after said tko he faced. He is really that good that he hadnt really been rocked up until serra and good enough not to get rocked since but its clear he has changed for the worse, and its because of his mediocre chin and stun recovery.

Did you see his rematch with Serra? Didn't look like he was fighting not to lose in that one.

Post #17   2/10/12 4:26:40PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,479-920
Chips:
IMO Condit has a better chance of beating GSP than Diaz does.

Nick obviously is not comfortable if the other fighter refuses to have a brawl with him. GSP is the most positionally dominant fighter perhaps in UFC history. He almost always dictates where the fight goes. I haven't seen Nick's TDD tested in a long ass time, and I'd need to see that he is way better than he used to be at it before I'd even think that GSP wouldn't put him on his back 5/5 rounds. I don't think Diaz can hit GSP harder enough to KO him before getting taken down. GSP has a really good chin IMO, very underrated chin.

Condit at least has a wildcard chance with stuff like his flying knees in addition to being able to employ a disciplined strategy.

Post #18   2/10/12 8:18:02PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2