Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Carlos Condit vs GSP

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
If you are not thinking this fight will go to the 5th round plz tell me why

Post #1   2/7/12 4:50:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
All of gsp fights now go 5 rounds. This won't be any different. But i would respect condit more if he defends the title at least once before gsp

I met condit 3 times. Don't like his attitude. Can't say I am a big fan of his and I wore his Sig t shirt sat. I may have jinxed diaz by doing it. But he defends once I will have more respect for him

Post #2   2/7/12 5:49:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
GSP will sub him because he is pissed Condit "won" on Saturday night

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   2/7/12 6:09:19PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
GSP knows he has a glass jaw, which explains "The King of Decisions" style over the past years. If Condit wants to stay on the outside, score points and avoid a fight, he is in for a rude awakening because there is no one better at that than GSP.

Condit needs a flying knee to KO GSP, otherwise it's another UD for "Rush". (kind of ironic nickname these days)

Post #4   2/7/12 6:17:39PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I like to see Condit employ the same technique against GSP. I think it could work but Condit would have to be more conservative simply because GSP is so fast. Condit cannot land leg kicks at will like he did against Diaz. He would have to keep moving and only throw them when GSP has not set.

The recipe is there for Condit and I hope he uses it and I hope we get a new champion. No disrespect toward GSP. I like the guy but I like a warrior more.

Post #5   2/7/12 11:58:17PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Condit wont stop GSP takedowns...Alot differnet than Diaz...

Post #6   2/8/12 10:56:09AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

GSP knows he has a glass jaw, which explains "The King of Decisions" style over the past years. If Condit wants to stay on the outside, score points and avoid a fight, he is in for a rude awakening because there is no one better at that than GSP.

Condit needs a flying knee to KO GSP, otherwise it's another UD for "Rush". (kind of ironic nickname these days)

GSP has a glass jaw?

Post #7   2/8/12 10:59:07AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

GSP has a glass jaw?

Yeah, that raised an eyebrow with me as well.

Please tell me it's not because he got clipped by Serra, pmoney. 24 fights and finished once by strikes. I don't get it. How does that equal a glass jaw?

Post #8   2/8/12 11:06:36AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I met condit 3 times. Don't like his attitude. Can't say I am a big fan of his and I wore his Sig t shirt sat. I may have jinxed diaz by doing it. But he defends once I will have more respect for him

Post #9   2/8/12 11:07:26AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

GSP has a glass jaw?

Please tell me it's not because he got clipped by Serra, pmoney. 24 fights and finished once by strikes. I don't get it. How does that equal a glass jaw?

Not just clipped by Serra, he got hit in the back of the head and it staggered him. He's been in there with the likes of Alves, Koscheck, Hardy, and Penn and never been staggered, at least to my recollection.

Post #10   2/8/12 11:16:37AM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
GSP doesn't have a glass jaw, makes no sense to say he does.

All it takes is one spectacular finish from GSP to make everyone forget about all his decisions, you know its true.
I'm waiting for it

Post #11   2/8/12 2:40:14PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Chips:
If we were to quantify GSP's chin, i wouldn't rate it higher than an 80. So maybe not glass chin(depending on what you really mean by that word) but i would certainly say its lesser compared to the rest of the top of the division.

Post #12   2/9/12 5:13:28AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Chips:
Georges St. Pierre definitely has a glass jaw. There's no other explanation for his desire to not be hit repeatedly in it.

This fight will be decided in the first round. Either St. Pierre is too rusty to work his magic or he throws Condit to the floor and has his way with him.

Post #13   2/9/12 11:25:14AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Posted by pmoney

GSP has a glass jaw?

C'mon you guys. I don't like to bash GSP but the one time he was tested in the stand up and rocked, he crumpled like a wet napkin, couldnt recover at all from shots from a guy who had never tko'd anyone in his career. He then proceeds to fight not to lose for the rest of his career after said tko he faced. He is really that good that he hadnt really been rocked up until serra and good enough not to get rocked since but its clear he has changed for the worse, and its because of his mediocre chin and stun recovery.

Post #14   2/10/12 12:20:34PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
@ last 2 posts...and pmoney

there are only a select few fighters out there to like to get hit in the face repeatedly...and also take note of where they are in the rankings. Guys like Stout and Leben will never get near a title shot and that is why GSP is a long reigning champion.

Getting hit behind the ear IS NOT his jaw. Get that through your head. Jonathan Goulet and Keith Jardine have glass jaws, St Pierre does not. Serra clipped him BEHIND THE EAR, you know the same spot that dropped Machida (Shogun) and Franklin (Belfort), among numerous others, were dropped...so under your line of thinking they have weak chins too right? Serra followed up and finished him, just like virtually every other fighter who has rocked and finished his opponent. GSP had an off fight FIVE YEARS AGO and has not lost since and has fought smarter. yeah his last 2 fights havent been the most exciting, but at the end of the day he is the champion.

Maybe GSP hasnt been hit that much because he is that good at defensive striking and implements his gameplan a lot more effectively and quickly than his opponent? Kind of like Anderson Silva...or does he have a glass chin too because he prefers not to get hit in the face?

Hate him for his style of fighting, thats fine, but if you are going to put him down, at least get your arguments straight.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   2/10/12 1:18:17PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2