Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

FIGHTS TO MAKE AFTER UFC 143

Print  
Agree with me?
Diaz-Condit 2 5 42%
Werdum-Velazquez 5 42%
Koscheck-Fitch 0 0%
Koch-Poirier 0 0%
Herman-Weidman 0 0%
Others 2 17%
Posted By Message

dotaaddict

Learning to Sprawl

dotaaddict Avatar

Career:642-505
Camp: MMA Tycoon
Chips:
Diaz-Condit 2: Yeah, Condit wins the fight. But, let us give Diaz a second chance. Let us give him the chance to adjust his game plan.

Werdum-Velazquez: I believe this 2 guys are the #3 and #4 contender in the heavyweight. And this will be a good scrap!! :)

Koscheck-Fitch: I love to see this fight. A classic wrestling match!

Koch-Poirier: This 2 are still young for a title match. Hioki-Palaszewski should get the title shot.

Herman-Weidman: A battle between a highly touted prospect versus a cindirella story guy.

Post #1   2/7/12 6:15:32AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I voted Cain/Fabricio. They're both top 5 HW's, and I don't think Cain is looking for a top 20 opponent as a rebound win after JDS, he wants right back in the picture. And Fabricio showed he can more than hold his own on the feet or the mat against Nelson. Fabricio may draw Frank Mir for the #1 contender spot though to see who faces the winner of JDS/Reem.

Diaz/Condit wouldn't be a moneymaker with how many were disappointed with the fight. Condit has said he'll wait til November for GSP and GSP says he'll be ready by then, so barring any setbacks, Diaz won't be fighting either this year, but he's a huge draw and has beef with both so it'd take him a single win to face the winner of Condit/GSP, or if GSP wins and tells Dana the fight he wants is Diaz, then he won't even have to fight again to get a title shot in 2013.

Koscheck/Fitch - Kos said yesterday he'd retire before fighting Fitch, they've been training together for 8 years, and Fitch isn't the reason Kos left AKA. Definitely won't happen next and most likely ever.

Koch/Poirier - I'd love to see this fight but they'd be quickly derailing hype for one of them with a division that isn't stacked, might as well build them both up against guys who have been in the sport longer.

Herman/Weidman - Interesting matchup but they haven't even given Herman a top 20 guy yet. There are a lot of ways they could take Weidman at this stage so he's a wildcard.

Post #2   2/7/12 6:45:10AM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't think we should see a Condit vs. Diaz rematch so soon. Later on, yes, just not now. We can't have a rematch over every close decision. If that's the case, we might as well throw out decisions all together. Yes, the judges do screw up a lot, but this time they didn't in my opinion. It was just a close fight. Did Phan vs. Garcia need a rematch? Yes, because everyone and their mother knew Phan was screwed over. Condit vs. Diaz? No. The fans on each side of the fence are almost equal in numbers. When it's a close fight, there will always be those who feel the other man won.

But, this is just my opinion.

Post #3   2/7/12 1:52:36PM   

DancingDoll

In Full Cowgirl

DancingDoll Avatar

Career:756-369
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Personally I'd like to see Werdum v. Velasquez the most.

I have no interest in seeing Condit v. Diaz anytime again soon. I really would expect it to look very much the same as the last five rounds we just saw.

They should be rematched again at some point, but probably not for another year. If Condit decides not to fight until GSP is back (and ultimately I'll bet this will end up being his game-plan), then we wouldn't be seeing a rematch until 2013 anyway.

Post #4   2/7/12 2:17:09PM