Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Exclusive: Josh Koscheck Reveals The Reason Why He Left AKA

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Following Josh Koscheck‘s win at UFC 143 on Saturday night over Mike Pierce, the former ‘Ultimate Fighter’ season 1 competitor revealed at the post fight press conference that he had split with his longtime team at American Kickboxing Academy and immediately the MMA world was taken back.

Fighters switching teams or working with different training camps is nothing new, but Koscheck had been a mainstay of the San Jose based gym literally for every fight since season one of the reality show, which took place nearly 8 years ago.

It was for that very reason that when he announced the split, everyone was asking why? What happened that would cause Koscheck the team he had such deep rooted seeds with?

Well, truth be told Koscheck didn’t leave his entire team. As a matter of fact, his training partners are still very much a part of his family and his team.

“First and foremost, my teammates over there at AKA in San Jose are my brothers. I love those guys. 8 years, we’ve basically trained ourselves and got us to the level that we are and we’ve all relied on each other and those guys are forever going to be my teammates, I’m forever going to train with them, but I’m just not going to train in San Jose with them,” Koscheck told MMAWeekly.com in an exclusive interview on Sunday...

Full Story

Post #1   2/6/12 8:54:47AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Chips:
Interesting. I'm wondering if we'll eventually see an exodus from AKA if that really is the case.

Last edited 2/6/12 9:37AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/6/12 9:37:12AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Chips:
I'm interested to see how Kos develops post-AKA - will being away from the bad environment there help or hurt him in the end.

Post #3   2/6/12 10:13:23AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

I'm interested to see how Kos develops post-AKA - will being away from the bad environment there help or hurt him in the end.

If everything Koscheck says is true, then I'm sure more AKA guys will leave Mendez.

How do you stab your fighters like that? - "I did my part and the fighters did not do theirs." >>>and even if that was the case, most sports' coaches around the world would not dare say it.

Your player wins, you win. Your player loses, you lose - simple as that...

Post #4   2/6/12 11:44:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
interesting read. I wonder now if guys like Fitch or Velasquez or anyone else at that gym come out and support Koscheck's interview. I dont doubt Josh, but I am curious if this issue was camp wide or more focused on him

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   2/6/12 11:54:24AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

interesting read. I wonder now if guys like Fitch or Velasquez or anyone else at that gym come out and support Koscheck's interview. I dont doubt Josh, but I am curious if this issue was camp wide or more focused on him

That's what I was thinking...and it goes to KFM's question too - If Mendez didn't say similar things after their fights, could they possibly be as upset about as Josh is? Do they even see it the same way Josh does? I think only time will tell.

Post #6   2/6/12 11:59:06AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Umm well you didnt listen to the gameplan against Alves

Post #7   2/6/12 4:35:50PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Umm well you didnt listen to the gameplan against Alves

Or anyone since Diego. Big right han big right hand big right hand, my god Hughes outstruck you for most of the first round.

Post #8   2/7/12 1:04:50PM