Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Predator Côté Heads To Brazil For Next Fight

Print  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
With the door back to the UFC still not open to him, former Middleweight title contender Patrick Côté (16-7) is headed south for his next bout. He’ll face Gustavo ‘Ximu’ Machado (22-8-1) March 31 on the Amazon Forest Combat (AFC) 2 main card in Manaus, Brazil. The match-up, first reported by Tatame, was subsequently confirmed to Top MMA News by Côté.
Best known for having his right knee give out against Anderson Silva in 2008, the soon to be 32 year-old Côté has been unwavering in his resolve for a third shot in the UFC. Since being cut for the second time in late 2010, the Predator has won three straight.

Link

Post #1   2/5/12 5:05:09PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'll be rooting for him to keep winning and get back in the UFC

Post #2   2/5/12 5:32:58PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dudes skilled and the MW division could use another gatekeeper.

Post #3   2/5/12 8:09:58PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,151-1,470
Chips:
Cote has been my favorite fighter since he fought Tito on short notice way back at UFC 50. I am not sure south of the border is the right move for the Predator. His major weakness throughout his career has been his ground game....especially his submission defense. He is actually really good at avoiding ground and pound but south of the border is BJJ land. I think he should stay up in Canada where the pickings are relatively easy in comparison. As of late Brazil has been spawning a new batch of fighters who have been exceptional in all realms of fighting not just BJJ. I think Patrick needs to extensively work on his ground game. I would love to see him get back to the UFC one day but his 3 wins in Canada since he left the UFC weren't against top notch competition. Kalib Starnes, Todd Brown and Crafton Wallace are not UFC level and Patrick won via 2 unanimous decisions and a injury victory. No knockouts and that is what the Predator does best. The level of competition and skill in the UFC (and MMA in general) has risen quite a bit in the last few years. Like I said Patrick needs to seriously up his ground game if he wants to tangle with the big boys again. He was controlled on the ground by Tom Lawlor and he was submitted by Alan Belcher.....let me repeat that....he was submitted by Alan Belcher....yikes. There is no bigger Patrick Cote fan in the world but I have been hoping Patrick ups his ground game for a long time....like way back in the day when Travis Lutter and Joe Doerksen submitted him. Sadly he hasn't. I am sure the boys at the UFC were feeling the same way when they cut him. I wish him the best of luck in Brazil. I hope he can avoid the ground fighting and knock some fkrs out. If Patrick goes south of the border....I wish it was to train!!!!! That is what he needs!

Post #4   2/6/12 12:15:37AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Cote has been my favorite fighter since he fought Tito on short notice way back at UFC 50. I am not sure south of the border is the right move for the Predator. His major weakness throughout his career has been his ground game....especially his submission defense. He is actually really good at avoiding ground and pound but south of the border is BJJ land. I think he should stay up in Canada where the pickings are relatively easy in comparison. As of late Brazil has been spawning a new batch of fighters who have been exceptional in all realms of fighting not just BJJ. I think Patrick needs to extensively work on his ground game. I would love to see him get back to the UFC one day but his 3 wins in Canada since he left the UFC weren't against top notch competition. Kalib Starnes, Todd Brown and Crafton Wallace are not UFC level and Patrick won via 2 unanimous decisions and a injury victory. No knockouts and that is what the Predator does best. The level of competition and skill in the UFC (and MMA in general) has risen quite a bit in the last few years. Like I said Patrick needs to seriously up his ground game if he wants to tangle with the big boys again. He was controlled on the ground by Tom Lawlor and he was submitted by Alan Belcher.....let me repeat that....he was submitted by Alan Belcher....yikes. There is no bigger Patrick Cote fan in the world but I have been hoping Patrick ups his ground game for a long time....like way back in the day when Travis Lutter and Joe Doerksen submitted him. Sadly he hasn't. I am sure the boys at the UFC were feeling the same way when they cut him. I wish him the best of luck in Brazil. I hope he can avoid the ground fighting and knock some fkrs out. If Patrick goes south of the border....I wish it was to train!!!!! That is what he needs!

I highly doubt you are a big fan of Cote otherwise this post would not be so bad. I suggest you stop using fight finder when you want to disregard a fighter. Cote was boarderlined spiked by Belcher - which obviously dazed him - and Belcher was able to sink in the choke. Its not like he was taken down and Belcher outgrappled him. Oh and it was also Cote's first fight in 18 months

Being submitted by Doerkson and Lutter is nothing to hold over him as both are black belts and at the time well respected fighters. Don't assume they were bums then because of where they are now. Btw if you looked at fight finder for all of your results, you should have seen that he submitted Jason Macdonald - a black belt

The only thing you were right about was that Cote needs to work on his defensive grappling...the Lawlor fight was bad. Whats wrong with Cote getting fights in the US? Or is the good ol' US of A so far beyond what Canada and Brazil have to offer?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   2/6/12 11:27:57AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
AFC 1 had Royler Gracie, Ueda, Karo, Filho, Ishii, Ronys Torres, Falcao, Neto, Acacio, etc. and this is only their second event, 5 months later. So they're pulling name fighters and I'm sure getting big crowds with this much time in between events so I wouldn't doubt if they're paying as well or better than the non-Zuffa options in North America.

Post #6   2/6/12 12:10:18PM