Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Herb Dean affects the outcome of a fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

But the constant "let's work" bullshit was tiring.

He let the action continue much longer than Mirgliotta (or Rosenthal?) did in the Rumble/Vitor fight...and for the most part a lot of people were ok with those standups

Last edited 2/5/12 1:04PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   2/5/12 1:04:08PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Edwin Figueroa @EdwinElFeroz
Want to thank everyone for the support. That made me not give up. As for my "well-being" Doc said I have a testicular contusion. Yeah, ouch.

Post #17   2/5/12 2:02:39PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,816-1,613
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Want to thank everyone for the support. That made me not give up. As for my "well-being" Doc said I have a testicular contusion. Yeah, ouch.

Fuck... That's terrible.

Post #18   2/5/12 4:07:19PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,488-1,277
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Fuck... That's terrible.

Would've been a DQ right then if Figgy didn't have balls of steel. Brue Leroy was lucky to only get the 2 point deduction. Good luck on that failed appeal.

That reminds me. There was a player on the Seahawks in the mid-80's, Paul Moyer, who ruptured a testicle in the first half of a game and didn't tell anyone. Came out and finished the second half before letting the doctors know. I don't think I'd be able to move, let alone go full speed at Strong Safety in the NFL for 3 quarters with a ruptured testicle. Ballsy.

Post #19   2/5/12 5:31:22PM   

icecold2357

Learning to Sprawl

Career:632-422
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Herb Dean definitely was getting on my nerves last night, and I usually like him. Constantly saying "let's work" in every fight when the guys are working or just clinched. The 2 point deduction was pretty harsh too but those nut shots definitely played a factor in the fight. The 1st shot was one of the worst I remember seeing. That was all cup and the thud was terrible. Both shots really took a lot out of Edwin.

I however was more frustrated with the inconsistency of Herb. Alex gets a 2 point deduction for the 2nd kick, meanwhile Koscheck gets nothing while being warned the entire fight. even between rounds he was warning Koscheck about poking and yet he kept doing it and still gets nothing. 3 rounds of doing something and with a ton of warnings but no action. Then Kos pulls the "takedown and lay there" in the final 30 seconds to escape with the victory

I just find it unjust that Caceras gets such a steep penalty while fighters like Koscheck and Kongo constantly break the rules but get no penalties

Post #20   2/5/12 5:36:51PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,488-1,277
Chips:
Looks like Caceres may be jumping from 135 to 235.

Post #21   2/5/12 5:48:22PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,607-1,658
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

And with that remark I stand fully corrected. I just wish there was some consistency in all this. Illegal blows, stalls in a fight, holding the cage....etc. I wanted to give $20 and Kpro both props but love needs some spreading. I still don't think Alex is near as dirty as Kongo.

Post #22   2/5/12 11:29:21PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by emfleek

But the constant "let's work" bullshit was tiring.

He let the action continue much longer than Mirgliotta (or Rosenthal?) did in the Rumble/Vitor fight...and for the most part a lot of people were ok with those standups

I thought the "let's work" over and over was the real crime in that fight.

I can't stand when refs are constantly putting themselves in the spot light. Herb Dean needs to learn to get out of the way and let the fighters fight.

That fight could have gone totally different if Herb hadn't interrupted Kos's first takedown. And I hate Koscheck.

Post #23   2/6/12 3:17:32AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Chips:
I was disappointed with Herb's perfomance saturday.

Yamasaki is still the best in the business.

Post #24   2/6/12 7:45:44PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2