Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diaz's post fight comments

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Hendo187

Learning to Sprawl

Hendo187 Avatar

Career:1,244-883
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:
Thats how he always is, his brother is getting a lil better but hes ignorant and disrespecful. I mean most fighter like to talk to the build up to the fight and sell fights but hes like this all the time and its getting old.

Post #16   2/5/12 11:57:34AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He said the stuff in the heat of the moment and I doubt he leaves for good. It sounded a lot like a kid that's taking his ball home, immature and whiny. But he just lost a title fight and a payday vs GSP. To me it was douchey to in one breath congratulate Condit and the next talk about his baby kicks though.

That wasn't the best fight to show someone to get them into mma, but as a fan that thinks he knows a little about the sport, it was a perfectly executed gameplan, and one of the more cerebral performances I've seen in the octagon. I had Condit winning 3-2. Diaz may have been walking him down the whole fight, but Condit came in prepared for that and had the plan to beat it. Diaz wasn'table to cut Condit off when he was cornered and resorted to taunting and talking which still didn't rattle Condit. Condit got in and landed combos more often than Diaz(or at least it seemed that way), and Diaz was the one that looked frustrated. To me the guy that imposed his will was clearly Condit. Condit fought a Dominic Cruz-like fight and was able to move freely around the cage and landa diverse arrayof strikes without ever being in too much trouble or getting sucked into the fight Diaz wanted. It was a close fight, but I don't see it as a robbery. Diaz is who he is. He's never going to stop making comments that will alienate him from some fans.

Post #17   2/5/12 12:00:40PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
EDIT: Re: Warglory. Forgot to quote so just to avoid confusion. Too lazy to go back and quote now

I'm not even sure what's being referenced as discredited since everything said was Jackson's actual gameplan for Condit, not to mention the comments being directed at the judging of the gameplan used. Unless you're nitpicking word usage which is never going to be college level public speaking from Nick, or high school for that matter. Diaz did push him backwards the whole fight, Carlos did run from him every round (EDIT: I noticed you just corrected someone on another thread that he didn't run but moved "laterally".... you can "laterally run" so no need to nitpick that), Diaz did land more often with more volume and accuracy to the head and to the body, Carlos did land more often with much more volume to the legs, with kicks.

In simpler terms he won the fight by kicking the legs for distance, countering if available when Diaz looked to close the distance, and circling to the center, often running away to get separation, then repeat. This per Greg Jackson, not me. It was a great gameplan and it worked.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters and I'm happy he'll get to face GSP because I know he'll be a different fighter than yesterday. Diaz described what happened, congratulated Condit multiple times, and shared his thoughts as pertaining to judging. His thoughts on it have been echo'd by many many fighters on various social media sites. You know the guy who started all the threads when Fedor first lost? Don't be that guy I know you're a good poster so just let the anti-Diaz threads go. One you started was already deleted for fighter-bashing and as not just a Condit fan, but a Diaz fan also, apology accepted So let's not try to nitpick and build snowmen from ice cubes. It's time to move on and look forward to Condit/GSP. Condit already has.

Last edited 2/5/12 2:35PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #18   2/5/12 1:34:00PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Honestly imo he wasn't championship material, look at his matches in Strikeforce. They always matched him with guys that stander with him and wouldn't take him down continuously i.e. Zoromskis, Cyborg, Daley which always played into his boxing game. In the ufc, they pretty much did the same and he failed. He's a great fighter and a talented guy, but what would happen if he faced a wrestler like Kos, Pierce, or Hendricks, even Ellenberger. He has always had problems with wrestlers. Even Sanchez, a smaller welterweight could handle him. He'd get mauled by a majority of the wrestlers he'd face.

he then did to Penn what no one had ever done before...in fact he may have forced Penn into retirement. pretty sure Penn is considered "championship material." I dont think it is wrong to assume Diaz 7 years ago vs wrestlers is far different than Diaz today

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #19   2/5/12 2:31:12PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

he then did to Penn what no one had ever done before...in fact he may have forced Penn into retirement. pretty sure Penn is considered "championship material." I dont think it is wrong to assume Diaz 7 years ago vs wrestlers is far different than Diaz today

Beat him by decision? he certainly wasn't the first to do that, and BJ hadn't been Championship material in the WW division in years.

You may be right about the second part of your statement, but we'll never know because he hasn't fought a good wrestler in 7 years, and from the sound of things he's taken his ball and gone home before ever getting a chance.

I can't help but chuckle at the irony of Diaz complaining about Carlos "baby kicks" he'd unleash a verbal barrage if anyone pointed out his "baby punches".

Post #20   2/5/12 3:21:38PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,639-1,411
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by hotrodttt

Honestly imo he wasn't championship material, look at his matches in Strikeforce. They always matched him with guys that stander with him and wouldn't take him down continuously i.e. Zoromskis, Cyborg, Daley which always played into his boxing game. In the ufc, they pretty much did the same and he failed. He's a great fighter and a talented guy, but what would happen if he faced a wrestler like Kos, Pierce, or Hendricks, even Ellenberger. He has always had problems with wrestlers. Even Sanchez, a smaller welterweight could handle him. He'd get mauled by a majority of the wrestlers he'd face.

He's certainly not the first to make Bj bass and go to decision, Matt Hughes did it. I feel that Diaz will always have problems with wrestlers.

Post #21   2/5/12 3:46:28PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

EDIT: Re: Warglory. Forgot to quote so just to avoid confusion. Too lazy to go back and quote now

I'm not even sure what's being referenced as discredited since everything said was Jackson's actual gameplan for Condit, not to mention the comments being directed at the judging of the gameplan used. Unless you're nitpicking word usage which is never going to be college level public speaking from Nick, or high school for that matter. Diaz did push him backwards the whole fight, Carlos did run from him every round (EDIT: I noticed you just corrected someone on another thread that he didn't run but moved "laterally".... you can "laterally run" so no need to nitpick that), Diaz did land more often with more volume and accuracy to the head and to the body, Carlos did land more often with much more volume to the legs, with kicks.

In simpler terms he won the fight by kicking the legs for distance, countering if available when Diaz looked to close the distance, and circling to the center, often running away to get separation, then repeat. This per Greg Jackson, not me. It was a great gameplan and it worked.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters and I'm happy he'll get to face GSP because I know he'll be a different fighter than yesterday. Diaz described what happened, congratulated Condit multiple times, and shared his thoughts as pertaining to judging. His thoughts on it have been echo'd by many many fighters on various social media sites. You know the guy who started all the threads when Fedor first lost? Don't be that guy I know you're a good poster so just let the anti-Diaz threads go. One you started was already deleted for fighter-bashing and as not just a Condit fan, but a Diaz fan also, apology accepted So let's not try to nitpick and build snowmen from ice cubes. It's time to move on and look forward to Condit/GSP. Condit already has.

Look, you can't hold the thread I made last night against me. I was pissed last night and alcohol didn't help, so I wrote stuff that people were offended by. I was spoken to, I apologized, case closed. Everything that I have typed today has been purely logic based opinion, nothing heated. I am not nitpicking or making anti-Diaz threads, I just feel the need to defend why I believe Condit won, as we all do with every controversial fight on this site. In this thread, I merely expressed my displeasure with Diaz's post fight comments, which angered a lot of folks on the Net. I don't understand what the big deal is?

Last edited 2/5/12 4:21PM server time by warglory

Post #22   2/5/12 4:20:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Beat him by decision? he certainly wasn't the first to do that, and BJ hadn't been Championship material in the WW division in years.

You may be right about the second part of your statement, but we'll never know because he hasn't fought a good wrestler in 7 years, and from the sound of things he's taken his ball and gone home before ever getting a chance.

I can't help but chuckle at the irony of Diaz complaining about Carlos "baby kicks" he'd unleash a verbal barrage if anyone pointed out his "baby punches".

it wasnt just a decision, it was a full out beatdown. No one, not even GSP, had ever beaten Penn up that bad. But if all you did was look at fight finder rather than watching/remembering the fight then I cant fault you.

Penn scored a draw vs the #2 WW in the world...the first person not to lose to Fitch in the UFC aside GSP (at the time). that in many eyes is pretty damn close to championship material. even so there were many people (outside Penn nuthuggers) who would give Penn the edge over Alves, Shields, and Koscheck...arguably #3-5 at the time...as well as Condit - his original opponent.

btw here is what Diaz's "baby punches" can do

Last edited 2/5/12 4:38PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #23   2/5/12 4:37:54PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
lol at even comparing those fights Penn stood in front of him the entire time.

Diaz, I am glad he is gone. Good riddance if you ask me he was so disrespecftul. Nobody wants to hear that shit every time someone fights. I only wish that GSP could have gotten a chance at him. THAT would have been a fucking beat down of legendary proportions.

Post #24   2/5/12 5:33:12PM   

icecold2357

Learning to Sprawl

Career:646-431
Chips:
Diaz has to have split personalities or something lol. He congrats Condit and his family on him being the man, than goes on a verbal barrage about how he did all the work and all the damage when his face clearly says otherwise lol

Also how do you say "UFC pays me way too much money. They can't pay me enough to deal with this BS" WHAT???? lmao

Post #25   2/5/12 5:44:31PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Kpro

Look, you can't hold the thread I made last night against me. I was pissed last night and alcohol didn't help, so I wrote stuff that people were offended by. I was spoken to, I apologized, case closed. Everything that I have typed today has been purely logic based opinion, nothing heated. I am not nitpicking or making anti-Diaz threads, I just feel the need to defend why I believe Condit won, as we all do with every controversial fight on this site. In this thread, I merely expressed my displeasure with Diaz's post fight comments, which angered a lot of folks on the Net. I don't understand what the big deal is?

I did not get to read the closed thread - So I don't know what was said - but none if it matters to me.

My concern here is - you are asking PG to disregard and or forgive you for your negative thread and posts regarding Nick Diaz because you were supposedly under the influence.

Warglory, do you know how irrational that is?

You are one of the better posters here but this may set you back a little.

If I got drunk and punched my wife, I should be forgiven the next day when I am sober, right? Wrong.

I don't forgive drunk drivers. I wish all drunk drivers the maximum penalties. I don't forgive people who are drunk and become disrespectful either...and I'm not saying you were...

If anything, alcohol is only letting you ....become the true you - hence the terms happy drunk and angry drunk.

I think you were still drunk while writing this post.

Post #26   2/6/12 1:16:21AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Chips:
I didn't see any problem with Diaz's post fight comments.

What's he supposed to say? "don't leave it in the hands of the judges."

He just got screwed out of a title shot and a good chunk of money all because MMA judges don't know how to do their jobs.

In no other sport would this sort of poor officiating be consistently overlooked.

He got screwed and was mad. He has a right to speak out about it.

Post #27   2/6/12 3:26:20AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

He just got screwed out of a title shot and a good chunk of money all because MMA judges don't know how to do their jobs.

In no other sport would this sort of poor officiating be consistently overlooked.

In your opinion

Post #28   2/6/12 2:42:36PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by bjj1605

In your opinion

Right. Obviously.

Whose opinion did you think I was voicing?

Am I supposed to add "IMO" after every single post I make?

I think any rational person would understand that this is my opinion with out me having to explicitly state it.

Post #29   2/6/12 2:51:13PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Absolutely. I don't know what people expect these guys to say when they were literally just in a fight 5 minutes before being asked the question. They are going to be emotional about what just happened no matter what it was, and if they just lost a tough fought decision that they believe they should have won of course they are going to be angry. Nick is probably one of the most emotionally unstable fighters out there, and he was upset, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what he said.

Post #30   2/6/12 5:05:49PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5