Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diaz's post fight comments

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
My apologies to Diaz fans for my last thread, I didn't think it was fighter bashing, but apparently some thought it was.

I felt Diaz was incredibly disrespectful in that post fight interview, mainly because he disrespected everything Condit did in that fight. To completely disregard your opponent, and then quit because of one fight I just think speaks volumes. That's it, I had to get that off my chest.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   2/5/12 1:18:42AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,155-2,967
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by warglory

My apologies to Diaz fans for my last thread, I didn't think it was fighter bashing, but apparently some thought it was.

I felt Diaz was incredibly disrespectful in that post fight interview, mainly because he disrespected everything Condit did in that fight. To completely disregard your opponent, and then quit because of one fight I just think speaks volumes. That's it, I had to get that off my chest.

It's not just Diaz fans man. Get it through your head. You started a thread that had the title "Diaz is an ******" That's clearly bashing. And I don't want to get banned myself so that's all I'm going to say about that.

Last edited 2/5/12 1:29AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/5/12 1:23:15AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,410-903
Chips:
"Oh my God, he didn't fall for my taunting and didn't let me unload on him in the corner! I'm done with this MMA bullshit."

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Post #3   2/5/12 1:26:06AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by warglory

It's not just Diaz fans man. Get it through your head. You started a thread that had the title "Diaz is an ******" That's clearly bashing. And I don't want to get banned myself so that's all I'm going to say about that.

You're right. It was a combination of alcohol and sheer anger. I have never been that angry at a television screen before in my life. I have no defense.

Post #4   2/5/12 1:31:22AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,804-980
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

"Oh my God, he didn't fall for my taunting and didn't let me unload on him in the corner! I'm done with this MMA bullshit."

Agreed.

Nick Diaz was always exciting to watch, and even Carlos Condit implied by the way he fought tonight that Diaz is the better brawler and straight boxer. But this is mixed martial arts, and nobody wants to reenact every bar fight you have ever had, homey. So somebody is going to do something else.

Post #5   2/5/12 1:32:19AM   

I-GOT-THIS-PICK

Standup Guy

I-GOT-THIS-PICK Avatar

Career:2,723-1,571
Chips:
NAH NAH NAH NAH,NAH NAH NAH NAH,HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE HOMIE

Post #6   2/5/12 1:42:20AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,906-2,697
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't blame diaz. Condit won the fight back pedling all 5 rounds

Post #7   2/5/12 2:32:21AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,180-2,448
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Diaz can't handle failure. Just that simple. Hope to see him back.

Post #8   2/5/12 2:39:24AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
diaz's game plan fell apart and condits worked flawlessly, it wasnt like condit just ran away. he landed a shit load of punches and kicks on his way out of the corners. diaz was slow, and lacked the ability to adapt to his opponent. condit won in and outside the cage.

Post #9   2/5/12 2:39:43AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:3,516-2,003
Chips:
Honestly imo he wasn't championship material, look at his matches in Strikeforce. They always matched him with guys that stander with him and wouldn't take him down continuously i.e. Zoromskis, Cyborg, Daley which always played into his boxing game. In the ufc, they pretty much did the same and he failed. He's a great fighter and a talented guy, but what would happen if he faced a wrestler like Kos, Pierce, or Hendricks, even Ellenberger. He has always had problems with wrestlers. Even Sanchez, a smaller welterweight could handle him. He'd get mauled by a majority of the wrestlers he'd face.

Post #10   2/5/12 4:54:07AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:3,108-1,858
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by gartface

Agreed.

Nick Diaz was always exciting to watch, and even Carlos Condit implied by the way he fought tonight that Diaz is the better brawler and straight boxer. But this is mixed martial arts, and nobody wants to reenact every bar fight you have ever had, homey. So somebody is going to do something else.

BOOM!

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   2/5/12 5:29:49AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Even though I gave Diaz the fight 48-47 (Rounds 1, 2, 5) but I am a bit ashamed he said he thought he was ahead on points and thats why he didnt finish the armbar. He always has a problem with point fighters, as I do and he pretty much admits to it. Frusterates me, I thought Diaz was the one guy I never had to worry about doing that. But once Carlos was able to avoid the boxing around round 3-4 he was starting to take over minus round 5 which was close but Diaz took that round with the ground game imo.... I lost an av bet tonight and I'm awaiting something horrible, so be it, Carlos won, congratulations I hope you become undisputed champion, Mr condit.

Ya know I was really mad at the result at first but MMA moves on to live another day, I doubt Diaz will retire from MMA and go to boxing either, he IS making great money now and I doubt he gives that up for shitty paychecks on the undercard of a Mayweather fight.

Post #12   2/5/12 5:42:30AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by warglory

I felt Diaz was incredibly disrespectful in that post fight interview, mainly because he disrespected everything Condit did in that fight.

I really doubt Condit took offense being called a `great guy`, that Nick is `happy for Carlos and his family`, and `good job Carlos you're the man`.

I'm guessing the part you consider disrespectful is the part about the judges. I think if your opponent turns their back to you and runs over a dozen times in a fight, you have a right to speak your mind about the judging. I don't think a single MMA fan is happy with the current state of judging in MMA. The mods pulling down a fighter bashing thread gives me the idea you just really don't like Diaz, and that's fine, but it's clear at least to me that he was very complimentary of Carlos repeatedly, and then made his opinion known on judging in MMA. I'd recommend re-watching it and not trying to look for things that aren't there. I think I saw more compliments from Diaz for an opponent in 10 second span than I've ever seen.

Maybe you thought the judging comments right after the multiple compliments of Condit were directed at Condit somehow instead of the judges? But Condit isn't a judge so that wouldn't make any sense.

Post #13   2/5/12 7:17:08AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by warglory

I felt Diaz was incredibly disrespectful in that post fight interview, mainly because he disrespected everything Condit did in that fight.

I really doubt Condit took offense being called a `great guy`, that Nick is `happy for Carlos and his family`, and `good job Carlos you're the man`.

I'm guessing the part you consider disrespectful is the part about the judges. I think if your opponent turns their back to you and runs over a dozen times in a fight, you have a right to speak your mind about the judging. I don't think a single MMA fan is happy with the current state of judging in MMA. The mods pulling down a fighter bashing thread gives me the idea you just really don't like Diaz, and that's fine, but it's clear at least to me that he was very complimentary of Carlos repeatedly, and then made his opinion known on judging in MMA. I'd recommend re-watching it and not trying to look for things that aren't there. I think I saw more compliments from Diaz for an opponent in 10 second span than I've ever seen.

Maybe you thought the judging comments right after the multiple compliments of Condit were directed at Condit somehow instead of the judges? But Condit isn't a judge so that wouldn't make any sense.

No, this is what was disrespectful:

“You know I don’t need this s**t. You know what I mean? I pushed this guy backwards the whole fight. He ran from me the whole fight. I landed the harder shots. He ran the whole time. He kicked me in my leg a little bit."

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2012/02/05/nick-diazs-ufc-143-post-fight-interview-i-outta-this-sh/

I don't dislike Nick Diaz, but I think he has a very bad attitude, especially after tonight. To discredit everything Condit did in that fight, and then proceed to quit because of a close decision (which I didn't really think was that close, even after rewatching it)? Come on.

Last edited 2/5/12 11:03AM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #14   2/5/12 11:00:12AM   

armbar66j7

Standup Guy

armbar66j7 Avatar

Career:217-141
Camp: The Underdogs
Chips:

Posted by warglory

i completely agree with you, nick diaz has got to be the hardest fighter to like, i loove everything he does in the cage, i even like the whole "im a fighter, so were not freinds thing", hes real, but yeah man, your gonna bash condit for doing what no one could do in the last 4 years, a sound gameplan beats nick diaz everytime, and nows hes gonna retire, i personally think he should drop to lightweight, cuz i hear he only walks around at like 180 on a bad day, and hes in awesome shape, he can make the cut no problem i think, but thats just nick diaz, its him against the world in his mind

Post #15   2/5/12 11:40:33AM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>